Author Topic: Congrats to Jazz and their fans  (Read 1294 times)

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
Congrats to Jazz and their fans
« on: May 10, 2008, 11:28:29 AM »
Not sure who is a Jazz fans here esp. since JazzMal seems to muddy up the Jazz camp so much!

Congrats on the victory, Ted (and others) -- the Jazz came out with fire and intensity and played their game.

Looking forward to Sunday!  (ps. my wife said that the Lakers playing on Sunday is NOT a very good Mother's Day present -- she doesn't seem to share my passion of basketball)

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Congrats to Jazz and their fans
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 01:52:51 PM »
Why thanks Randy.   I'm an old Jazz fan, dating all the way back to last years playoffs, unlike Mr. Jazzy come lately, JazMal. 

Much better effort by the Jazz, and obviously Boozer in particular.   Harpring picked up his game as well. Kobe is playing stunningly well so as much as anything it's going to be a matter of holding down Gasol and contesting the outside shots of the other Lakers. 
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 02:53:08 PM »
Props to the Jazz on their win, but I was very impressed with the way the Lakers hung in there at the end.  The Jazz have to play this well on the road to have a chance, because even when they play as well as they did last night, the Lakers are right there with them.

Kobe has now reached MJ type status, he can keep his team in the game by carrying them for periods.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 11:05:49 PM »
Good win and props to our resident Jazz fans.  Finally Boozer played like he should have been playing and the result is a nice W.  For our resident poster who doesn't think defense isn't the most important side in the playoffs this game should say something. The Lakers have  great offensive efficiency, they got it done at the line,  and Kobe came out swinging in the 2nd half but they lost.  Why?  Because they were unable to stop the other team from scoring once they (the Jazz)  got ahead.  Since all players in this league can get hot and push their team to a lead it is important to play solid defense to get back into the game.   Kobe made 5 shots in a row but the lead never really got erased in that 3rd.  If your team is shooting 60-70% in the first 5 minutes of the third and do not erase a lead you probably are not going to catch back up.

As a Laker fan this rebounding issue is starting to get very annoying.   I feel that a chunk of the blame falls on Pau Gasol's shoulders and why the Lakers miss Bynum so badly.  Gasol is too tall and athletic to not grab double digit rebounds every single night.   If he is not going to score then he needs to put more energy into rebounding the basketball.  I know he doesn't have a rebounders mentality but come on neither does Okur and he got 19 the other night.  Really he should have 12-13 every single night.

Has anyone heard an update about Deron's injury?  Once he went out and got his hand iced it seemed as if he came back in worse then when he went out.  Since he's sat on it for a day I wonder if it swelled up or maybe got a bit better.  Jazz fans??????
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 11:12:11 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com