Author Topic: Spurs-Hornets game 3  (Read 10331 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Spurs-Hornets game 3
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2008, 09:27:22 AM »
  Maybe some insightful analysis of the team you supposedly follow would help you to establish that you deserve to play with the adults.

Pot = kettle = weak comeback.

Is there some hidden barrier to opening your mind up to progressing beyond the point of debate where you actually address the problems you have in analyzing Spurs games in a way that brings faith in your opinions?

No I will analyze them but I won't get into a pissing match with you over foul calls.  We did that last year (hence my reference in the earlier post) and 1) either you just don't understand my point and never will, 2) are being intentionally obtuse and combative, or 3) just bored and fishing like your beloved Kings.  And I have no reason to enter a discussion with someone who is coming from one of these points of view.

I have made various posts on the Spurs this playoff season and what they have done well, need to do better or failed at.  However i cannot find a post from you that does the same.  Just little snippets about Duncan being soft or Manu being a wussy or...   Hopefully you get the point...Skander even picked up on your intentional baiting.

X3 made a general comment about Paul using a chicken wing pushoff on a lot of his drives/shots in the paint.  Then YOU bring up specific plays which I refuted and even made reference to the tv commentators supporting what I said.  Then you go off on how I don't analyze honestly.  But in truth you only wanted to bait and argue...so I refused.  Now I am unable to be in touch with my true feelings about basketball.  Sorry you had an unsuccessful fishing trip but maybe some other time...
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2008, 11:42:41 AM »
Pop must have read my post -- the change to moving Bowen from CP3 to Peja was brilliant (obviously because I thought of it).  I liked the way that Pop decided to make CP3 beat the Spurs rather than him getting the rest of the Hornets involved.  Reality must hate this as much as he hates the Lakers -- having to admit brilliant coaching moves by Pop just kills him.

I also like what he did by starting Manu (another brilliant move which I obviously suggested) -- he also did what I was trying to suggest and Lurker obviously didn't understand.  The Spurs, in NO, tried to start the game by driving to the hole -- not swinging the ball first.  Moving the ball around begins to open up shooters more -- it also opens up holes in the lane to penetrate.  Beginning the game with Manu and Parker gives the Hornets two guys to have to keep from penetrating.  But nothing opens up the inside like knocking down some perimeter shots (see the lack of Laker perimeter shots against the Jazz in game 3).  SA shooters (esp. Manu) seem to have a great deal more confidence at home than on the road.

Today should be a very good game.

Two other side notes:

1) It surprises me that the Spurs have become so much better on home than they are on the road -- obviously, most teams are better at home than on the road but the Spurs are barely over 50% on the road -- it's surprising for a veteran team (you expect that more from younger teams like the Hornets, Jazz, etc.).  What was their road record last year -- I believe their road record this year was 22-19.

2) Lurker, one thing we can all count on -- you've never seen a game when the Spurs weren't fouled and I've never seen a game where the Lakers weren't fouled.  Asking you to be objective about a game or series in which the Spurs play is about as good as asking me to be objective when the Lakers are involved.  It just ain't gonna happen.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2008, 02:02:21 PM »

No I will analyze them but I won't get into a pissing match with you over foul calls.  We did that last year (hence my reference in the earlier post) and 1) either you just don't understand my point and never will, 2) are being intentionally obtuse and combative, or 3) just bored and fishing like your beloved Kings.  And I have no reason to enter a discussion with someone who is coming from one of these points of view.

First off, you already have entered into a discussion with someone with one of those points of views, or most of them, so it seems odd wanting to back out now.

Second, understanding your point of view is fairly simple. Mocking it because it makes no sense is my job and I take that VERY seriously. What you call being obtuse and combative is a clearcut response to those exact qualities you display by making the one-sided comments in the first place. You not seeing that little and obvious problems is really the gist of this whole debate, if you have not figured it out. So bringing in any other alternative argument will constantly miss the real point of all this. Over and over and over again.

And as for the King's gone fishing comment? - okay - they have gone off fishing or whatever teams do when they miss the playoffs.

How that actually affects this discussion apparently needs further data, but from now on, I will just ignore those references to what the Kings are doing right now, or that I am a Kings fan and that must mean I am blind to what others are doing just to speed things up on the issues that are more current and contemporary.

I have made various posts on the Spurs this playoff season and what they have done well, need to do better or failed at.  However i cannot find a post from you that does the same.  Just little snippets about Duncan being soft or Manu being a wussy or...   Hopefully you get the point...Skander even picked up on your intentional baiting.

Skandery is a smart kid. Take heed.

And look harder.

X3 made a general comment about Paul using a chicken wing pushoff on a lot of his drives/shots in the paint.  Then YOU bring up specific plays which I refuted and even made reference to the tv commentators supporting what I said.  Then you go off on how I don't analyze honestly.  But in truth you only wanted to bait and argue...so I refused.  Now I am unable to be in touch with my true feelings about basketball.  Sorry you had an unsuccessful fishing trip but maybe some other time...

Ah, but what do you think my point was by bringing in those two particular plays? To me, and I would guess others, the outcome of those plays I mentioned were favorable to the Spurs, though should not have been. The elbow plays that X3 was talking about were favorable to the Hornets and should not have been. Could it be that observers of this game that actually look at the overall action might see it the way I did and not one-sided like you and SPURSX3 have? An unbiased view, in other words? One that is fairly easy to achieve if, in fact, you have no real interest in the outcome of this series one way or the other?

No, Lurker, we often ARE out of touch with your basketball feelings.

And while you may claim that all I am doing is fishing and trying to goad you into a discussion about what occurred in this game, your acting unwilling to participate seems more likely due to your knowing I am right and arguing against this point IS rather pointless.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2008, 02:26:20 PM »
Well damn, I must have forgotten what being a fan is all about...  Heaven forbid I would actually be biased towards my team and the play of an opposing player.  Does it require a an arguement THIS long between an old teamless fart and another Spurs fan???  I don't think so.  Call it one-sided, so what, look at the Laker/Jazz party in the other post.  Get back to B-ball guys.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2008, 02:30:44 PM »
And while you may claim that all I am doing is fishing and trying to goad you into a discussion about what occurred in this game, your acting unwilling to participate seems more likely due to your knowing I am right and arguing against this point IS rather pointless.
You are right...I am claiming that all you are doing is trying to goad me into an argument...but not about the game but about foul calls.  And I have refused but you keep trying with ever more stale worms.  So failing to jump at your bait now qualifies as admitting that you are right.  That is one of the biggest twists EVER on this board.

Congrats.

And if you didn't quite get the connection:

Kings out of playoffs = gone fishing

RealiMal baiting on the boards = gone fishing

RealiMal and Kings are both fishing.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2008, 03:26:17 PM »
Well damn, I must have forgotten what being a fan is all about...  Heaven forbid I would actually be biased towards my team and the play of an opposing player.  Does it require a an arguement THIS long between an old teamless fart and another Spurs fan???  I don't think so.  Call it one-sided, so what, look at the Laker/Jazz party in the other post.  Get back to B-ball guys.

Why is it that every time one of you makes a reference to my age, I picture a bunch of young, fat guys with little hair and peculiar body odor sitting all day in front of computers, trying to come up with another age insult?

How fat are you, SPURSX3? Does the smell really stay in the crevases no matter how often you bathe?

I know westkoast smells and he must be close to three hundred pounds. He just sounds heavy when he types.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2008, 03:29:55 PM »
You are right...I am claiming that all you are doing is trying to goad me into an argument...but not about the game but about foul calls.  And I have refused but you keep trying with ever more stale worms.  So failing to jump at your bait now qualifies as admitting that you are right.  That is one of the biggest twists EVER on this board.

Congrats.

And if you didn't quite get the connection:

Kings out of playoffs = gone fishing

RealiMal baiting on the boards = gone fishing

RealiMal and Kings are both fishing.

Newsflash, slurker. Talking about Spurt games with you ALWAYS is about the officiating. THAT IS THE WHOLE, ENTIRE NON-DEBATABLE POINT.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2008, 04:00:11 PM »
Newsflash, slurker. Talking about Spurt games with you ALWAYS is about the officiating. THAT IS THE WHOLE, ENTIRE NON-DEBATABLE POINT.

Prove it!

;D
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2008, 04:09:55 PM »

Why is it that every time one of you makes a reference to my age, I picture a bunch of young, fat guys with little hair and peculiar body odor sitting all day in front of computers, trying to come up with another age insult?

How fat are you, SPURSX3? Does the smell really stay in the crevases no matter how often you bathe?

I know westkoast smells and he must be close to three hundred pounds. He just sounds heavy when he types.

Neither.  I am quite in shape and shower twice a day!  Besides how can a guy who's idea of fresh air includes a wiff of cow manure complain about smell?

Look don't bring me into this because I've obviously started a trend on this message board.  If you didn't keep making it clear that the age jokes  get under your skin people MIGHT stop. 

Until then Stank Sinatra you can keep cueing up 'I've got you under my skin' on the ol 8 track every time you see me post.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2008, 04:10:48 PM »

Eeeeww. Putrifying smegma. Disgusting.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2008, 04:31:57 PM »

Look at this post (which BTW started this thread) and point out where I even MENTION the refs. 
The Spurs improved the two areas that hurt them most in NO.  Turnovers with the resulting fast break points.  And second chance points.  The local radio was saying on pregame show that Hornets had outscored teh Spurs in point off turnovers by somethibng like 44-17 in the first 2 games.  Also, especially in game 1, teh Hornets got lots of offensive boards.  Tonight both of those things reversed.

The Spurs need to quit waiting on Parker and Manu to drive the ball into the lane and then pass the ball out -- the Hornets are daring the Spurs to shoot from outside -- put some guys on the court who can make some outside shots and it will force the Hornets to move out more. 

Actually that was the problem.  The guys who normally hit those jumpers were missing them.  The Spurs were getting open looks and missing, then they became hesitant and would pump fake their way into being guarded.  Tonight you saw the difference when the shooters became more decisive.  And teh passing was a little crisper.

And the duel between Parker & Paul was awesome.    :o

So, now I took your "non-debateble" point and fired the first volley.  I would say that I spoke about the Spurs game without even mentioning the refs.  So I guess it is time for you to give your rebuttle trying to back up your bolded, underlined assertation.  I believe that is how a debate works.

Unless the reason you claim it is non-debatable is because you know that a false statement in the assertion basically nullifies a debate.
-Moody Blues

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2008, 05:02:41 PM »

LMAO!  I just read this.

I can't smell any worse than the smell of father time.  Look, just because you were there when they laid the first stone for The Great Wall does not mean you need to be waving your stick at me! 
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2008, 05:53:51 PM »

Neither.  I am quite in shape and shower twice a day!  Besides how can a guy who's idea of fresh air includes a wiff of cow manure complain about smell?

Look don't bring me into this because I've obviously started a trend on this message board.  If you didn't keep making it clear that the age jokes  get under your skin people MIGHT stop. 

Until then Stank Sinatra you can keep cueing up 'I've got you under my skin' on the ol 8 track every time you see me post.

The wiff of cow mature is an improvement over whatever it is that permeates SoCal and its environs so you would think you would jump in the ole SUV and speed up here just to get away from it once in a while and smell nature and farm life as it was meant to be. Hardly insulting, westkoast. Thanks for reminding me I am so fortunate. 

Constantly bringing up the age thing is more of a curiousity to me then annoying, or haven't you figured that out yet. My age is so irrelevent to anything about basketball or whatever else we talk about on this board, it just absolutely fascinates me that any of you keep bringing it into play. I can understand why, because I have seen your ...um.....unfortunate debating skills and if you think you found something to annoy me with, well, it explains so much more about you and how NOT to discuss anything then it does about me, doesn't it?

Don't let that deter you, though, from making them. Some of the comments are very special. But you should know that as well, so if I make a disbaraging remark in return, shouldn't that also not be bothersome to you?

You SHOULD also know that every time anyone uses the AGE ISSUE, it immediately tells me that I have won. In fact, nothing says that more clearly.  :D  :D 

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2008, 06:07:52 PM »

So, now I took your "non-debateble" point and fired the first volley.  I would say that I spoke about the Spurs game without even mentioning the refs.  So I guess it is time for you to give your rebuttle trying to back up your bolded, underlined assertation.  I believe that is how a debate works.

Unless the reason you claim it is non-debatable is because you know that a false statement in the assertion basically nullifies a debate.

Finally. THAT got your attention.

Unlike the Laker/Jazz series, which is a total joke regarding the officiating, there is no reason why the Spurs should have any problems associated with the referees in playing the Hornets. In past posts, you have certainly been a bit guilty of the fallback "bad refs" excuse for Spurs games - my memory of those posts is why I brought it up this time. No reason to get defensive about it - everyone knows that you do it and more often then not you get by with it.

But reacting to CP3 elbows!! I don't argue that he does that - he does and he apparently is one of the few NBA players the refs give license to do it. It is just - so what? Bowen cripples people - edge Spurs. From my point of view, the Hornets are not in San Antonio's class regarding how best to away with things like that.

And it is allowable to extend the truth in the debate if it brings the issue into focus. My point was to make you understand that I know you like to say the refs have a bias against the Spurs and to give that back to you a bit. That was intentional.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2008, 06:11:31 PM »

LMAO!  I just read this.

I can't smell any worse than the smell of father time.  Look, just because you were there when they laid the first stone for The Great Wall does not mean you need to be waving your stick at me! 

Gee, that would make me ....let's see......7,000 years old.

Man, SPURSX3, you really DO stink.