Author Topic: Celtics vs Cavs...who do you take and why?  (Read 2748 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Celtics vs Cavs...who do you take and why?
« on: May 06, 2008, 02:55:31 PM »
Since we all seem to agree that the talk around here is mainly between two WC teams I thought I'd try to start threads that are about other teams...

Celtics vs Cavs looks like it is going to be a really good series.  Lebron James has silenced the naysayers.  The Celtics look shaky coming off a 7 game series with a squad they should have ran off the floor.  Who do you pick for the series and why?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Celtics vs Cavs...who do you take and why?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 03:04:15 PM »
Lebron James has silenced the naysayers.

Nay I say!
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 03:05:47 PM »
I will take the longshot and pick cleveland in 7.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 03:25:28 PM »
I like the Celts in seven.
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 03:25:45 PM »
Celtics in 6 because SternFish DEMANDS it!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 04:05:29 PM »
I am going with the Cavs in 7.  To me the Celtics not being able to win a game against the Hawks on the road is a major black eye.   If the games are not a blow out they don't look like they can win them.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 04:12:31 PM »
I think the Celtics will take it in 5.  I believe they bought into the whole "Atlanta isn't in the same league as us" hype. 
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 04:28:58 PM »
I'm with Lurker, I think the Celts will make easier work of the Cavs than the Hawks.  The Hawks gave them fits with their athletisicm, which the Cavs don't have.  The Cavs offense is too stagnant and one dimensional, which will play in to the Celts strength, their D.  On the flipside, the Cavs play solid D.  My prediction is the Cavs win one in Cleveland and Boston finishes them in game 5 at the Garden, err Fleet Center, err Everbank, you know where I mean. 

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 05:14:04 PM »
I think the Celts beat the Cavs but go on to lose to the Pistons.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 10:23:12 PM »
Wow, LeBron blows it big time.  The promising thing is despite the horrible night by LeBron the Cavs had a shot at winning the game.  That Cavs have definately improved.  The Celts look very weak and the Cavs blew a golden opportunity to steal one in Boston.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2008, 09:15:05 AM »
++ Lurker.  I expect the Celtics to win, and I don't see it taking them more than 6 to do it.

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2008, 11:45:05 AM »
Wow, LeBron blows it big time.  The promising thing is despite the horrible night by LeBron the Cavs had a shot at winning the game.  That Cavs have definately improved.  The Celts look very weak and the Cavs blew a golden opportunity to steal one in Boston.

No kidding.  I was shocked that the Cavs were essentially tied down the stretch when LaBron only had 2 FG's. 

Looks like my prediction might be way off, shows you how much I know  ;)

I still think Boston wins, but they haven't done a lot to impress me.  Ray Allen is looking tired.  They definitley look beatable now, which they didn't during the regular season. 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2008, 12:03:59 PM »

I think the media jinxed Bron.  The entire day they were running stories about how clutch he is and then he goes to blow two GIMMIE shots in "crunch time".

Now I feel even better about my Cavs pick after last nights game.  Lebron was not himself at all.  He seemed very hesitant to attack and when he did I got the feeling he was second guessing himself that is why he missed easy shots.  Once he feels Boston out I think they are going to be in for the same rude awakening that the Pistons got last year.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2008, 10:51:29 AM »

I think the media jinxed Bron.  The entire day they were running stories about how clutch he is and then he goes to blow two GIMMIE shots in "crunch time".

Now I feel even better about my Cavs pick after last nights game.  Lebron was not himself at all.  He seemed very hesitant to attack and when he did I got the feeling he was second guessing himself that is why he missed easy shots.  Once he feels Boston out I think they are going to be in for the same rude awakening that the Pistons got last year.

Talk about having to put your foot in your mouth.....

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2008, 11:09:24 AM »
A bit late in coming to this thread, but I DID feel the Celts should win this series from the start, and mainly because of their defense on LeBron. Face it, if LeBron is neutralized, what does the Cavelier team have left to really compete with Boston?  I am not expecting a sweep, though. It may take the Celts six games to finish off the Cavs. But if LeBron is not at his best, the Cavs are done.   
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."