Author Topic: Spurs game 1 loss.  (Read 11673 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Spurs game 1 loss.
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2008, 02:48:15 PM »
There is a fine line between confidence and arrogance -- sometimes it's hard to tell which it is.  Perfect example is Lurker thinking I am a haughty know-it-all when I am just confident in my knowledge! 

We need a smilie with a shovel.

It's a little soon to be digging the Spurs grave -- you need to believe in your team more than that.  Have some faith!

It's not that I don't think theyn can win this series - they CAN win this series.  They SHOULD win this series,  but knowing how our players let stuff get under their skin, and seeing them act like they are facing a superior team it's like the only thing you want to do is slap them and yell, "SNAP OUT OF IT ALREADY!"

The Hornets are good, but I see both teams as being pretty close to each other, and the look on the Spurs faces says they are playing against a much better squad.  It's pitiful, and I would expect better from our squad.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2008, 02:52:35 PM »
And while I feel for you Lurker and X3, the SILENCE from your little wannabe snot-nosed fan has been a breath of fresh air, bandwagonning at its best I must say.

:D :D :D :D :D

8)

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2008, 03:03:51 PM »
And while I feel for you Lurker and X3, the SILENCE from your little wannabe snot-nosed fan has been a breath of fresh air, bandwagonning at its best I must say.

:D :D :D :D :D

8)

He doesn't ride in the big wagon.  He is being pulled behind us with a rope attached to his tricycle... ;)
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2008, 03:20:02 PM »
There is a fine line between confidence and arrogance -- sometimes it's hard to tell which it is.  Perfect example is Lurker thinking I am a haughty know-it-all when I am just confident in my knowledge! 

You see?

That is JoMal's problem. Good to know someone else has the same issue at JoMal.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2008, 03:28:30 PM »

You see?

But isn't it better to be correct rather than confident in your inexplicably false knowledge?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2008, 03:33:07 PM »

You see?

But isn't it better to be correct rather than confident in your inexplicably false knowledge?

I enjoy being so superior to all of you that it doesn't matter either way.  But that's just me.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2008, 03:38:23 PM »

You see?

I enjoy being so superior to all of you that it doesn't matter either way.  But that's just me.

Good thing you added those last 4 words otherwise we would have to slap you for making universal (yet untrue) comments.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2008, 04:12:39 PM »
Do you guys think Byron Scott is outcoaching Pop?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2008, 04:16:35 PM »

No.  He is doing an outstanding job but I wouldn't say outcoaching.  Both teams made adjustments after game 1.  I would have to say that NO looks like the better team throught he first two games but I'm not sure the "Xs & Os" are the difference.  I think it is more execution related which is on the players.  A coach can draw up the best play in the world but if the players don't execute it then what can a coach do?
-Moody Blues

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2008, 04:20:55 PM »

So far, that would be a fair statement. But it is hard to rule out what the Spurs have accomplished in the past, so let's see if the Hornets can take one in San Antonio first. All the Hornets have done has been to hold onto home court. If they can take one of the next two, the coaching would be the reason, yes.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2008, 05:09:53 PM »

You see?

I'm sure you can find plenty of people with your same issues -- probably not any one person with all of your issues though -- but you've had a lot longer to develop those issues than most.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2008, 05:19:52 PM »

So far, that would be a fair statement. But it is hard to rule out what the Spurs have accomplished in the past, so let's see if the Hornets can take one in San Antonio first. All the Hornets have done has been to hold onto home court. If they can take one of the next two, the coaching would be the reason, yes.

Therein lies the real issue, Pop's AND the team's experience versus Scott's limited experience and his team's lack of it altogether. To my way of thinking, it it precisely true that NO only did what they HAD to do, hold home court, but the trouble for the Spurs is that they did not look like they were in over their heads in doing so. I really do not expect the Hornets to take the Spurs down in SA and thus I think this series will go 7. If it goes that far, it would definately favor the Spurs.

Popavich does have mental lapses that defy explanation but I don't think there are many that can flat out outcoach him. 3rd quarter in game 2 was a good demonstration of his ability to adjust and change things up, it almost worked and so the onus was on the Big 3, not the coach. Scott did a brilliant job of disrupting SA's rhythm offensively, and let his team's speed break down SA's zone defense, it got pretty physical but that same 3rd quarter proved NO can be rattled by aggressive defense, look for Pop to key on that with the likes of Udoka, Bowen, and Thomas applying more physical pressure. West is a powder keg from what I can see, I counted at least 2 T's he got away with, pressure him harder in a tight game and Paul may not be able to hold him back.
Dan

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2008, 05:25:21 PM »

You see?

I have never CONVEYED inexplicably false knowledge, to my knowledge.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2008, 05:26:44 PM »

You see?

You belong in politics
Dan

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2008, 05:37:41 PM »

You see?

You belong in politics

I agree.  Jomal has a lot in common with guys like John McCain...old, gets hot under the collar easily, very good at beating around the bush.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com