Author Topic: Spurs game 1 loss.  (Read 11696 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: Spurs game 1 loss.
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2008, 11:47:04 AM »
^^ have never seen Manu go up to a player with the clock stopped and try to draw some flagrant.

Considering who it was, that was an easy call to make. Bowen is a pussy.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2008, 12:11:18 PM »
Wow, it kills me to say it but for once, JoMal (aka JazzMal) is correct.

TD WILL have a much better game but the bigger problem is can the Spurs find a way to stop CP3 -- Bowen sure didn't have a lot of success in game #1.  Also, there is only one person on the Spurs that can guard West -- and that's TD.  Is Pop willing to put TD on West and watch TD expend a lot of energy to guard him for the whole game? 

If I were Pop, I would say "yes" -- TD has to guard West and I would put Manu on CP3.  I would put Bowen on Peja.  Keep the match-ups in your favor -- at least as much as possible.  Keep someone on Peja because this guy CAN and WILL knock down shots if he is open (he was open for most of his shots in the first game).  Let Manu guard CP3, let Thomas and Fabs guard Chandler.  They need to work harder to keep Chandler off the boards and these guys can do it -- they are energy guys anyway.  In fact, I would encourage Pop to start Manu for this next game -- they need to keep CP3, West, etc. from gaining confidence from the very beginning. 

Also, game #2 is a MUST win for the Spurs -- the Spurs can't head to New Orleans down by two -- they have been a GREAT home team this year -- they haven't been nearly as good on the road.  They go down 0-2 and this series is over.

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2008, 12:33:20 PM »
^^^Ummm, NO has home court advantage. 

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2008, 12:35:42 PM »
I dont think anyone would ask you, or anyone else for that mater, to feel bad about Bruce getting hurt.  However, I think the Hornets are opening a can of worms by messing with a team of veterans that knows a few tricks themselves when it comes to tough play....I would be worried if we did not come out and play tough ball against them.

For the good health of the League, it would behoove someone to run up the back of Bowen's legs and break them. Seriously. This guy is dangerous.

But if Scott really wanted to limit Bowen, all he has to do is force Pops to play Bruce on Bonzi Wells instead of Peja. In the past, Bowen was completely neutralized trying to play against the much tougher Wells. If Scott told Wells to just shadow Bowen all over the court, it would remove him from the game.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2008, 12:40:44 PM »
I think we need Chuck Norris to give us his blessing to whoop on NO tonight...Please Chuck Norris, your our only hope!... ;D
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2008, 01:10:42 PM »
^^^Ummm, NO has home court advantage. 

Sorry, my bad -- I keep thinking of the Spurs as the better team here and therefore the fact that they have homecourt advantage.  You are right.  Obviously, the Spurs have to find a way to win on the road and they really don't want to face the Lakers after a seven game series.  Imagine all the geritol they will need to face the Lakers running.

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2008, 01:24:04 PM »
New Orleans is tough.  I picked the Spurs to win it all this year at the beginning of the season.  As the year has gone on the Hornets have impressed me.  Everyone says they're too young and inexperienced, but they just keep winning.  Experience is great but at a certain point talent prevails.  I think the Spurs will bounce back in game 2.  I don't see how Duncan can play that poorly again.  That said, I think NO can win the series and at the very least will extend it to 6 or 7 games. 

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2008, 01:39:14 PM »
New Orleans is tough.  I picked the Spurs to win it all this year at the beginning of the season.  As the year has gone on the Hornets have impressed me.  Everyone says they're too young and inexperienced, but they just keep winning.  Experience is great but at a certain point talent prevails.  I think the Spurs will bounce back in game 2.  I don't see how Duncan can play that poorly again.  That said, I think NO can win the series and at the very least will extend it to 6 or 7 games. 

By all means they can win this series.   :'( :'( :'(

I just don't want them to.... :P
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2008, 03:53:27 PM »
Obviously, the Spurs have to find a way to win on the road and they really don't want to face the Lakers after a seven game series. 

So you think the Spurs will join the Lakers in the fishing tournament. 
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2008, 03:58:00 PM »
Obviously, the Spurs have to find a way to win on the road and they really don't want to face the Lakers after a seven game series. 

Well, it looks as if the Spurs will have a real jump on the Lakers in that fishing tournament -- perhaps by several weeks if the Spurs can't get their act together.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2008, 04:09:47 PM »

No fair that the Spurs will get a one or two round head start! ;)  I saw nothing in either games that would allow me to predict a WC Finals match up.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2008, 04:17:44 PM »

Well, it looks as if the Spurs will have a real jump on the Lakers in that fishing tournament -- perhaps by several weeks if the Spurs can't get their act together.

I am sure glad that one ROAD loss in the playoffs has you already writing the eulogies.  I hope you are just as "optimistic" when the Lakers lose their road games.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2008, 04:32:48 PM »
I am sure glad that one ROAD loss in the playoffs has you already writing the eulogies.  I hope you are just as "optimistic" when the Lakers lose their road games.

Exactly.  Both of these series are going to go the distance.   All of these teams can beat each other on any given night and protecting home court is critical.  NO and LA did what they had to do in game 1 and they'll both have to win again in game 2.  You don't want to be going on the road to San Antone or Salt Lake after a home loss. 

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2008, 10:07:18 AM »

What about TWO road game blowouts, I mean, losses?   ::)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2008, 10:41:24 AM »

What about TWO road game blowouts, I mean, losses?   ::)

NO held home court.  Now Spurs have to hold home court.  A series doesn't start until the road team wins.

But then I suppose you never believed that your team would win when starting out 0-2 on the road have you?  Sounds like a bandwagon sort of fan...maybe Jazzmal will open up a spot for you on the Utah bandwagon.
-Moody Blues