Author Topic: So I am jumping on the Utah bandwagon today...Salt Koast is my new name  (Read 3437 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
No I haven't fully jumped ship but I have taken a note out of Jomal's stone tablet in cheering for the Utah Jazz.  There is actually 2 legit reasons why I am a Utah fan tonight...

1) If Utah wins tonight then they will play the Lakers at home on Sunday...which I can get tickets for!!!  Never been to a playoff game before so I am super excited about being able to go.  If Houston wins then the Lakers won't play until Tuesday and due to work BS I wouldn't be able to go.

2) The WC playoffs have been somewhat of a let down after how tough the road to the playoffs was.  I think Utah/LA would be a tough series and very entertaining for all basketball fans.  Two great executing teams, two great coaches, and just a boat load of talent at each position.  Houston/LA I don't think would be nearly as good of a series at all.

SO LETS GO UTAH!!  KOAST WANTS TO SEE A PLAYOFF GAME!
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
All you can do is run along side the bandwagon. I take up way too much space to share it with a Jazzy- come- lately.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
All you can do is run along side the bandwagon. I take up way too much space to share it with a Jazzy- come- lately.

Good thing I have fresh young legs.

Really tho I think the LA/Jazz match up is going to be the best series in the playoffs this far.  That is actually the main reason I want them to close it out.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
I don't know, I think that Detroit vs Orlando is going to be pretty interesting.

Wk, don't even break a sweat trying to catch that wagon, they are sure to stop at the nearest Denny's... ;)
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
I'm looking forward to a Laker/Jazz series -- it will prove far better than a Laker/Rocket series.  The Jazz need to take care of business so we can get that series started.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
I don't know, I think that Detroit vs Orlando is going to be pretty interesting.

Wk, don't even break a sweat trying to catch that wagon, they are sure to stop at the nearest Denny's... ;)

Only between the hours of 4 and 5.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
I'm hoping for a really great series if Utah gets by Houston.  I think Utah has got to start playing with urgency and is going to have to defend better than they've been if they want to think about competing with LA.  The Lakers are playing at a high level and are very confident. 

The main keys for me to watch out for:

-- Free throw shooting.  Utah has the reputation and often-times it comes back to bite them in the most inopportune times.  The series cannot turn into a parade to the line for Kobe, Odom, and Gasol.  Utah has to play tough but clean.

-- Rebounding.  Especially, Especially Defensive Rebounding.  You cannot let a Phil Jackson coached team get more than one scoring opportunity for each offensive trip.  I think Utah has to win the rebounding battle and has to limit the Lakers offensive rebounding, most importantly in the 4th quarter of close games to even have a chance 

-- Defense.  There is no two ways about it, Utah can't defend the chair I'm sitting in.  I think they need to play with a sense of urgency, almost a sense of panic on the defensive end for 48 minutes in order to stop the offensive firepower of the Lakers.  Kobe is unstoppable and if I'm Jerry Sloan, I would let him have his 60 points rather than 20 - Kobe, 20 - Gasol, 20 - Odom.  Pick your poison and I think it'll be easier to stop Odom/Gasol and let Kobe go nuts rather than try to stop all of them, have two of them go nuts and bury you.  Play with defensive intensity.  Stay home on the shooters --- I will repeat that --- STAY HOME ON THE SHOOTERS (Derek Fisher will stab you right in the chest if you let him).  So will Walton.  So will Radmanovic.  So will Vujacic.  And hopefully you can lull Kobe into falling love with his perimeter shot.  If Utah holds L.A. to 95 points and all Lakers not named Bryant to 44% shooting or less, they'll have done a good job on defense 

Utah will have to do all of those things and it'll still be touch and go, down to the wire.  That is how loaded the Laker team is and how well they've been playing.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
All the Jazz have to do in a close game is foul Odom in crunch time.  He has to be among the worse clutch shooters in the league.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
All the Jazz have to do in a close game is foul Odom in crunch time.  He has to be among the worse clutch shooters in the league.

Funny you mention that because friends and I were talking about how we think that Odom might be the least clutch guy of all time.

Hack-A-Odom?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile

Funny you mention that because friends and I were talking about how we think that Odom might be the least clutch guy of all time.

Hack-A-Odom?

Both Odom and Pau have not looked good at the FT line.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Fun game to attend.  Nothing like playoff basketball live.  I've seen the Lakers play the Jazz a few times before but nothing quite like this.  The refs took a lot of fun out of the game with all the calls for FTs on both sides, especially in that 3rd quarter when they rung up like 6 fouls in 6 trips, but for the most part it was very fun.

Just for those in the area...I used Stub Hub to get the tickets last minute (Friday night as I watched the Jazz pull away at the end of the 3rd) and it couldn't have been any easier.  I even had to go pick up the tickets from the Stub Hub office up off 3rd.  To my surprise it was very quick and very easy.  Took more time to park then it did to get my tickets and get back to my buddies car.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
I have tickets to game 5 now as well.  It was a gift from management for all the hard work I haven't been doing!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
I have tickets to game 5 now as well.  It was a gift from management for all the hard work I haven't been doing!

Don't sell yourself short wk, clicking the "Next" button is truely an artform.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email

Don't sell yourself short wk, clicking the "Next" button is truely an artform.

LOL...oh how do I wish it was that simple.  Dealing with engineers and CAD drafters in any capacity is a pain in the rear end.  Installing the software is not the problem.  It's trying to explain to engineers how to use it that is the real challenge.

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
'koast, man your line made me think of Office Space. 

I'm a people person.  I deal with the customers so the engineers don't have to dammit!!  What the hell is wrong with you people.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."