Author Topic: Byron Scott voted Coach of the Year!!! WooooHoooo!  (Read 1770 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Byron Scott voted Coach of the Year!!! WooooHoooo!
« on: April 29, 2008, 12:01:35 PM »
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/24358419/

New Orleans Hornets' Byron Scott is voted NBA coach of year
By BRETT MARTEL

updated 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
NEW ORLEANS - Byron Scott has been voted NBA coach of the year after leading the New Orleans Hornets to their first playoff appearance in four years.

Scott coached the Hornets to a 56-26 record, a franchise high for wins. New Orleans won the Southwest Division crown and leads Dallas 3-1 in the first round of the playoffs entering Game 5 Tuesday night.

This is the first time Scott has won the Red Auerbach Trophy in eight seasons as a coach, four with the New Jersey Nets and the past four with the Hornets. Scott won three titles as a player with the Los Angeles Lakers.

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Byron Scott voted Coach of the Year!!! WooooHoooo!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 12:14:47 PM »
Props to Byron -- he deserved it.

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 12:15:23 PM »
He'd get my vote, no question.  Along with this award he is about to eliminate Jason Kidd, who ran him out of Jersey.

What a sweet, sweet time to be Byron Scott!
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 12:35:33 PM »
He'd get my vote, no question.  Along with this award he is about to eliminate Jason Kidd, who ran him out of Jersey.

Stack has beef with Byron Scott
6:16 PM Thu, Apr 24, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon    E-mail   News tips 

Jason Kidd's bitter breakup with Byron Scott in New Jersey has been well chronicled. Jerry Stackhouse isn't a fan of the Hornets' coach, either.

Stack, whose refreshing honesty I'm familiar with firsthand, made his feelings about Scott clear in an appearance on Live 105.3's Above the Rim with Brady Tinker.

"I don't think Byron Scott is the best coach or I don't think he's the best guy to deal with -- you know what I'm sayin? -- from some things that I've heard from other players and just some dealings that I had with him earlier in the season. I was about ready to kick his ass -- you know what I'm sayin? He was sitting on the sideline and we just got into a little conversation or something and he was going to tell me, you know, 'Talk to me when you get a ring.' I was like, I told that fool, 'If I played with Magic and Worthy and Kareem I'd have a ring, too'. So, you know, he's a sucker in my book, but that's a whole other story."

Where did Stack go to school?  What an idiot, there is no future on TV for this dumb arse.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 12:42:46 PM »

Stack has beef with Byron Scott
6:16 PM Thu, Apr 24, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon    E-mail   News tips 

Jason Kidd's bitter breakup with Byron Scott in New Jersey has been well chronicled. Jerry Stackhouse isn't a fan of the Hornets' coach, either.

Stack, whose refreshing honesty I'm familiar with firsthand, made his feelings about Scott clear in an appearance on Live 105.3's Above the Rim with Brady Tinker.

"I don't think Byron Scott is the best coach or I don't think he's the best guy to deal with -- you know what I'm sayin? -- from some things that I've heard from other players and just some dealings that I had with him earlier in the season. I was about ready to kick his ass -- you know what I'm sayin? He was sitting on the sideline and we just got into a little conversation or something and he was going to tell me, you know, 'Talk to me when you get a ring.' I was like, I told that fool, 'If I played with Magic and Worthy and Kareem I'd have a ring, too'. So, you know, he's a sucker in my book, but that's a whole other story."

Where did Stack go to school?  What an idiot, there is no future on TV for this dumb arse.

Magic, Worthy, and Jabber have not done what Scott has accomplished as a coach in the NBA, so who the hell does Stack think was the leader of that Laker team? Jabber never was a leader - Worthy never was a leader - even Magic, who appearred to be the leader, was more of a 'show me' guy doing it on the court. Scott was more of a motivator back then.

Stackhouse is typical of some of these "Sprewell" players, who can not be told what to do, even by a guy who delivered as a player. That is why they will never be remembered once they leave the court.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 12:48:32 PM »
Magic, Worthy, and Jabber have not done what Scott has accomplished as a coach in the NBA, so who the hell does Stack think was the leader of that Laker team? Jabber never was a leader - Worthy never was a leader - even Magic, who appearred to be the leader, was more of a 'show me' guy doing it on the court. Scott was more of a motivator back then.

Stackhouse is typical of some of these "Sprewell" players, who can not be told what to do, even by a guy who delivered as a player. That is why they will never be remembered once they leave the court.

I'm not sure but I think Scott lead the 88 Lakers in scoring.  Scott was critical to the Lakers winning in 88. 

I heard someone say that if Stackhouse goes crazy on B. Scott that Scott should run under the basket cause Stackhouse can't seem to hit anything near the basket.   :D
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 12:55:42 PM »
^^^Yes, I know he led the team in scoring one year and I believe it was '88.  Byron was my favorite Laker on that team.  I think my earliest memory of the Lakers was when Norm Nixon was traded for the rights to Byron. 

Congrats to Byron, he definitely deserves it.  He's a class act and a throw back to the old school.  His style was clearly influenced by Riles.  Of course a lot of punk-arse-beeyatch's like Stack and Kidd don't like him.  They don't like coaches telling them what to do.  They already know everything and are the greatest players they can be.  They are truly legends in their own mind. 

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 01:08:55 PM »
On a minor note, but still worthy of mention, it was due to his friendship with Peja Stojakovich in Greece that decided for the Yugo superstar to make the jump to the NBA, when Scott was a King's assistant coach under Adelman.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 09:42:36 AM »
Great job by Byron.  I am wondering if he will end up like D'Antonio and Avery Johnson though as far as having a good season and then getting flushed year after year....
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 10:14:37 AM »
Many props for Scott.  There were many deserving candidates and there should be no second guessing the award this year.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 01:25:01 PM »
^^^Yes, I know he led the team in scoring one year and I believe it was '88.  Byron was my favorite Laker on that team.  I think my earliest memory of the Lakers was when Norm Nixon was traded for the rights to Byron. 

Congrats to Byron, he definitely deserves it.  He's a class act and a throw back to the old school.  His style was clearly influenced by Riles.  Of course a lot of punk-arse-beeyatch's like Stack and Kidd don't like him.  They don't like coaches telling them what to do.  They already know everything and are the greatest players they can be.  They are truly legends in their own mind. 

I forgot about that trade MSC! I loved Scott's poise from outside, great shooter, very clutch from beyond the arc.

As far as Stackhouse is concerned, why anyone would listen to this also ran journeyman that will retire ringless and forgotten is beyond me, he is already the greatest player he can be and that is why he comes off as bitter, because he knows he will never be better than he is, and he will never accomplish what Scott did on or off the court.

jOLDmal continues to prove he is a lousy bandwagon fan with all of his sly inclusions of all things Kings, Jazz fans got suckerpunched by his choice of wagons on which to jump. jOLDmal, allow me to thank you for your choice.
Dan