Author Topic: A little love for the Hawks . . .  (Read 4563 times)

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
A little love for the Hawks . . .
« on: April 28, 2008, 09:40:04 PM »
We have given props to the Sixers for rising above themselves to challenge the Pistons but what about the Hawks?  This Hawks team, is a great deal like the Sixers, young, talented and they love to run. 

The Hawks lost the lead toward the end of the game but fought back to get the lead again with 4 minutes left.  They are playing hard with a lot of confidence and poise.  Whether they can win this series or not -- they deserve a LOT of props for taking it to the Celtics.  They weren't even given a chance and they are making a series out of it.  Props to the Hawks -- I certainly didn't give them any chance to win a game -- they are showing that the Celtics can be beaten.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Re: A little love for the Hawks . . .
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 10:04:53 PM »
That was a sweet win for them, showed some poise and the crowd was really fired up. I only caught the last 10 minutes but it was fun to watch.
Dan

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 10:11:57 PM »
I agree I watched the last ten minutes and was cheering the hawks the whole way.....up until they won and streamers dropped from the ceiling... :( :o :( :o

It's only two games...why did they have to drop the streamers...it just reminded me how they will eventually lose to the celts....
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 10:19:38 PM »
I can understand it X3, David slew Goliath, if only for 2 games, like what Golden State did last year.
Dan

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 01:32:13 AM »
Might have something to do with the fact the Hawks last won a playoff game back in 1998. Being a Spurs fan, you clearly haven't a clue what that would mean to a downtrodden team.

But one day, you will.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 01:50:32 AM »
Might have something to do with the fact the Hawks last won a playoff game back in 1998. Being a Spurs fan, you clearly haven't a clue what that would mean to a downtrodden team.

But one day, you will.

Oh, man ....

Nothin's creepier than when creepy OLD guy puts a hex on you.....

:o :o :o

j/k
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 06:56:31 AM »

But one day, you will.

Oh, man ....

Nothin's creepier than when creepy OLD guy puts a hex on you.....

:o :o :o

j/k

He is just talking from recent experience.  He was so desperate to back a playoff winner he had to jump on another team's bandwagon.  It could be ugly in the future IF the Spurs bandwagon ever runs out of fuel.  I don't know if any other team has a strong enough bandwagon to handle all the jumpers.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 09:03:39 AM »
Its amazing that the Eastern Conference finals are actually looking to be the more interesting conference in the playoffs this far.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 09:20:23 AM »
Its amazing that the Eastern Conference finals are actually looking to be the more interesting conference in the playoffs this far.

Everyone in the West is ready for the knockout punch.  Only half the East is in that position.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 09:54:14 AM »

Everyone in the West is ready for the knockout punch.  Only half the East is in that position.

I didn't mean to add finals in there...I just meant the EC playoffs in general.

The good match ups were suppose to be in the West.  PHX/SA was going to be the heavy weight fight and now it looks more like Mayweather/De La Hoya.  LA/Den was suppose to be a tough match up and a possible upset, sweep.  Then you look out east and see the Sixers taking it to Detroit who they were suppose to wax the floor with and ATL putting the Celtics on their toes with KG having the possibility of missing the next game.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 10:08:03 AM »
Yep. Amazing what these young upstart teams are doing to Detroit and Boston.  Who would have thought that the winners of those series would find the lower seed waiting for them well-rested.  Cleveland and Orlando are already done and both series still need at least 2 games to be decided.

Also LA deserves some props for exposing Denver as a collection of great players and not a team.  Iverson and Mello came up short compared with the Kobester.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 10:32:19 AM »
I didn't mean to add finals in there...I just meant the EC playoffs in general.

I'm not talking about the finals either.  All the series in the WC are about to be wrapped up (knockout punch) or have been wrapped up.  The EC has two series going where nobody expected.  It seems the conferences have flipped as far as expectations.  Obviously the 2nd round should be much better BUT I expect the Spurs to handle NO quite easily.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2008, 10:43:31 AM »
I certainly thought that the Suns would make this into a dogfight and with the exception of the last game, they have basically rolled over.  

As for LA/Denver, why was ANYONE thinking this was going to be a good series?  LA took all three games against the Nuggets and they have Gasol now (they didn't for the first two wins).  There was only one game out of the three that was even close.  I don't understand ANYONE who thought this was going to be a good match-up.  I would have preferred the Lakers play someone tougher in the first round -- I think they have looked complacent through this whole series.  

We have seen two good young teams in the East push the top teams in the East in their series.  It has been refreshing.  I think that the Sixers/Detroit series has shown me that the Pistons are overrated this season -- they are missing Wallace in the paint like never before and their bench isn't nearly as good as it has been in the past.  I'm not sure that I see the next series being as good as what we are seeing now.

I think anyone who has been disappointed in the Hornets/Mavs series must not like basketball.  It's fun to watch the Hornets play -- they are playing with a ton of confidence and Paul has been amazing.  I think that is going to be a good series.  I think the Lakers/Jazz will be a good series.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2008, 11:01:26 AM »
AM 570 KLAC and also mscs favorite radio station had the PMS show commenting on this.
Their conclusion is they cannot believe how much Denver laid down and died.  A few specifics were how did Denver make good role player but beyond that nothing special Luke Walton look like a world beater.  Again last night, altho Denver played better, how with the game on the line and after fianally taking the lead, does Denver let Walton get a three point attempt off with no Nugget within 15 feet of him.

That the Lakers swept or would have gone 4-1 is no suprise.  That Denver had grown to be so soft and selfish is testiment to Anthony, A.I. and KMarts utter lack of leadership.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2008, 11:03:15 AM »
With the Wests top 4 seeds all rolling and the East at 2-2, so much for hoping seeding by overall record will take place.  Sternfish and the owners will adress it this offseason.  Seeding after each round is also being looked at, but Sterny flat stated it's the t.v. stations that do not want to have to shuffle around on short notice being the real reason for keeping status quo.