Author Topic: Lakers looking impressive  (Read 4673 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Lakers looking impressive
« on: April 02, 2004, 08:43:54 AM »
Gotta say LA has been a monster as of late and last nights win - IMO was a big one - looks like this years team has a switch after all and have turned that bad boy all the way on  :blink:

good win LA.  I must admit, I am a little more nervous about Sundays game now.  hopefully our guys will brgin the level your team is playing on right now.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 09:10:49 AM »
The true test will be on Sunday. SA is the strongest team out their next to LA.  
Paul

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 10:39:06 AM »
improving to 3-4 vs Yao and getting another win over a non Pacific Patsy Division team is indeed good.  I think they are now 2 or 3 games above .500 vs the Mighty Midwest.

Offensive rebounds for Lakers and unforced turnovers by Rockets sealed the deal.
The Pampered One got some hilarious FTs to add to the +15 Homerism.   My favorite tho was when De-reek Swisher fouled Stevie Francis in knocking the ball away.  No call, and as they both ran for the ball Francis gave a little shove to Swish.  He flails around and tweet gets the call.  Then he acts all festive and pumps his hands in the air.   :D  :D
Its not hoop but it keeps the fan base happy, especially West Hollywood.

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2004, 10:40:17 AM »
Reality, why are you a Laker hater? Are you originally from SO TEX??
Paul

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2004, 10:48:08 AM »
Gotta say LA has been a monster as of late and last nights win - IMO was a big one - looks like this years team has a switch after all and have turned that bad boy all the way on  :blink:

good win LA.  I must admit, I am a little more nervous about Sundays game now.  hopefully our guys will brgin the level your team is playing on right now.
I think the Spurs as a whole will really get up for the game on Sunday.  If they beat the Lakers that is going to be a HUGE confidence booster going into the playoffs.  More important it would keep the Lakers from sweeping them this year.  Who else do the Spurs play for the last handfull of games?  I think the Lakers are one of the last of the top 4 the Spurs have to play this year.

After watching the Dallas/Sac game I am really dying to see the Lakers/Spurs game. For 48 minutes last night I forgot what defense was.  Sunday's game will be much more of a playoff game because of the defense both teams play.

Love the typical Reality response.....Dance around the win, blame the refs, make idiotic comments, and fail to admit you were wrong.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2004, 10:53:14 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2004, 11:03:10 AM »
improving to 3-4 vs Yao and getting another win over a non Pacific Patsy Division team is indeed good.  I think they are now 2 or 3 games above .500 vs the Mighty Midwest.

Offensive rebounds for Lakers and unforced turnovers by Rockets sealed the deal.
The Pampered One got some hilarious FTs to add to the +15 Homerism.   My favorite tho was when De-reek Swisher fouled Stevie Francis in knocking the ball away.  No call, and as they both ran for the ball Francis gave a little shove to Swish.  He flails around and tweet gets the call.  Then he acts all festive and pumps his hands in the air.   :D  :D
Its not hoop but it keeps the fan base happy, especially West Hollywood.
 :blink:  :blink: .....no idea what he just said.  i just know LA is doing well right now and it would be a serious mistake to ignore that fact.  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2004, 11:34:37 AM »
Reality, why are you a Laker hater? Are you originally from SO TEX??
Grew up watching Cornbread Maxwell outplay and tell Magic to shove his marketing crap us his arse.  Game 7 '84.  I'm not in a cult nor do i believe since i liked the Celts i must stay with them my entire life.
Have always liked Timmy Dunker.

I watch almost every big game with people who pull for the Lakers.
Most of them have been deprogrammed tho.
Hard core Nozers can't deal.

In rapping with a shop owner yesterday he pulls out his Kings jersey which had the #1 followed by the name "LakerHater" across the top.  :D
He is sick about the Adleman-Webb farce.

Looks like SpursX3  <_< will need to be admitted into Spurstanamo Bay with you.
You may be released soon.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2004, 11:38:42 AM »
Color me a pessimist (sic?) but the teams the Lakers have beaten durring this impressive run have either been marginal teams or good teams that are struggling.  I think even the T-Wolves were stumbling when the played the Lakers.  I'm really looking forward to this matchup, both teams are playing well and there should be no excuses.  The Spurs have something to prove vs the Lakers this year and I hope the Lakers haven't forgotten what happened last year.

IMO the remaining games the could be trouble for LA and put a kybosh on their quest for the best record in the west will be Sonics, Spurs, Blazers and Griz.  Playing up at Arco will be tough as well but Kobe loves those types of games plus the Webber is still a disaster.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2004, 12:07:20 PM »
Color me a pessimist (sic?) but the teams the Lakers have beaten durring this impressive run have either been marginal teams or good teams that are struggling.  I think even the T-Wolves were stumbling when the played the Lakers.
Krishna Police are after you!  :o

You can hide out in that root celler i have hidden for you.
The 40 ozs are chilling in the mini fridge.  
If these reality type takes you have on the Lakers win streak wears off tho you are back to the Laker House.

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2004, 12:08:03 PM »
I think they are now 2 or 3 games above .500 vs the Mighty Midwest.

Both the Lakers (15-11)  and the Spurs (13-9) are 4 games above .500 vs the Midewest.   The only team with a better record is the Pacers who are 10-4 vs the Midwest

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2004, 12:41:15 PM »
I think they are now 2 or 3 games above .500 vs the Mighty Midwest.

Both the Lakers (15-11)  and the Spurs (13-9) are 4 games above .500 vs the Midewest.   The only team with a better record is the Pacers who are 10-4 vs the Midwest
So these past few days by pulling away in the late 4th qtr vs Utah and Hou the Lakers made it up to +4 games.  Good for them and they certainly play better when they are not handicapped in only having one, two, or three HOFs on the floor.  :lol:

So indeed the game will have lots of things statwise on the line.  Lakeshow still has to play Memphis twice.  Maybe they will play Memphis much better then the Spurs have.

Win or lose tho, unless it's some collosal blowout by the Spurs or the refs make sure the Marketers profits continue, really either team can't claim the title by a win and the loser will survive.
The playoffs is where it will all happen.  

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2004, 12:46:36 PM »
I'm sorry  I thought you were interested in talking about basketball not trying to overcompensate for some perceived wrong that has been committed aganist you.

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2004, 01:16:53 PM »
Gotta say LA has been a monster as of late and last nights win - IMO was a big one - looks like this years team has a switch after all and have turned that bad boy all the way on  :blink:

good win LA.  I must admit, I am a little more nervous about Sundays game now.  hopefully our guys will brgin the level your team is playing on right now.
I think the Spurs as a whole will really get up for the game on Sunday.  If they beat the Lakers that is going to be a HUGE confidence booster going into the playoffs.  More important it would keep the Lakers from sweeping them this year.  Who else do the Spurs play for the last handfull of games?  I think the Lakers are one of the last of the top 4 the Spurs have to play this year.

After watching the Dallas/Sac game I am really dying to see the Lakers/Spurs game. For 48 minutes last night I forgot what defense was.  Sunday's game will be much more of a playoff game because of the defense both teams play.

Love the typical Reality response.....Dance around the win, blame the refs, make idiotic comments, and fail to admit you were wrong.
My favorite tho was when De-reek Swisher fouled Stevie Francis in knocking the ball away. No call, and as they both ran for the ball Francis gave a little shove to Swish.

You continue to see every Laker game is your own twisted version of reality.  They were letting teams play last night -- and they wouldn't have called a "little shove" but rather called the stiff arm that Francis used to keep Fish from getting the loose ball (pretty easy call to make too -- and not necessary because I think Francis would have beaten him to the ball as well.

But if you want to talk about no calls, what about the one on Yao?  The one where he was already in foul trouble and Kobe takes it to the rack -- Yao is BEHIND the dotted line (therefore ANY contact is a foul) and Kobe takes the contact and STILL makes it.  Should have been 2 + 1 = 3 (just to help you because I know you don't have any math skills) but because Yao was in foul trouble, no call.  

Gosh, I guess it DOES go both ways!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2004, 01:50:25 PM »
Yao is BEHIND the dotted line (therefore ANY contact is a foul)
Actually, no, any contact is not a foul.   It is a no charging foul zone.  If a player is in that area and the offensive player runs into him it cannot be a charge just a no call.

Otherwise go on with your argument with Reality.

:ph34r:  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2004, 02:16:31 PM »
Yao is BEHIND the dotted line (therefore ANY contact is a foul)
Actually, no, any contact is not a foul.   It is a no charging foul zone.  If a player is in that area and the offensive player runs into him it cannot be a charge just a no call.

Otherwise go on with your argument with Reality.

:ph34r:
I don't know what planet you are on -- but whatever you quoted sure isn't what is called on a regular basis.

Although, I have come to expect you are Reality to agree.