Author Topic: Suns to attempt to get more physical  (Read 1665 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Suns to attempt to get more physical
« on: April 25, 2008, 09:45:03 AM »
KSAT 12 Sports allegeds recordings of the following were viewed by the league office and nothing is forthcoming.  Shaq with the right, Barbosa with the left as they frustratedly resort to fouling SuperManu in attempt to gain a win. 
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Yw9evVVnZ2g
Result?  Leading 71-67 at the time, SuperManu went on to score 9 of the Spurs next 14 as the Spurs merely pulled away to go up by 15 before closing with a 6 pt win.

Prior to Gm 3, Raja bell purportedly saying re Tony (and Manu) drivin the paint ""God bless 'em if he can get back up."

Sounds likes it's time for Bob Horry to come in and give the Suns yet another attitude adjustment.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Suns to attempt to get more physical
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 09:53:55 AM »
WoW here is a link for you.  http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110959
Unless you already signed up.
Or are you the maker of the petition?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 10:01:36 AM »
Here is a scouting report for the game as well...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/columns/story?page=ScoutingSunsSpurs-Game3

"San Antonio used two separate styles on offense to attack the Phoenix defense in the third quarter. The Spurs ran Michael Finley in a boxed set off staggered screens or a double screen and got three made jumpers. And they paired him with Tim Duncan on a side pick-and-roll, forcing the slow-moving Shaq into a switch, which Finley made him pay for with a short and uncontested baseline jumper.

After five minutes and eight points from Finley, the Spurs went from down nine points to up two. Credit Finley and the Spurs for running these sets instead of just relying on Duncan and a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3527">Tony Parker to start the half. Yes, Phoenix would prefer to have Finley taking shots rather than TP or TD, but it would prefer he misses."

I'd spell it out in tard for you but I think you can understand what I am getting at.

http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 10:10:08 AM »
Yeah D-Antoni said that the Spurs were gonna get, "busted up."

http://www.broadbandnewsnet.com/newsmanager/anmviewer.asp?a=4677&z=11

The thing is, a team that is able to win a title, is a team that can take whatever the other team dishes out.  Tony getting up after slamming in too Shaq for instance is a good example.  You got to take the hits, keep getting back up, and stick to your game plan.  Phoenix does not have that ability.  Yet.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 10:12:31 AM »
WoW here is a link for you.  http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110959
Unless you already signed up.
Or are you the maker of the petition?

Oh brother, this one is right out of "Semi Pro."   It's as useless as that last
"Bowl" game the tropics had before being dissolved.... :D
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 10:15:26 AM »
Yeah D-Antoni said that the Spurs were gonna get, "busted up."

http://www.broadbandnewsnet.com/newsmanager/anmviewer.asp?a=4677&z=11

The thing is, a team that is able to win a title, is a team that can take whatever the other team dishes out.  Tony getting up after slamming in too Shaq for instance is a good example.  You got to take the hits, keep getting back up, and stick to your game plan.  Phoenix does not have that ability.  Yet.

If I am the Spurs I am shaking in my cowboy boots right now.  Seriously not since the Pistons Bad Boys have you seen such players able to dish out physical punishment.  You thought Rick Mahorn was bad?  How about Boris Diaw?  Bill Lame-beer?  Psssh.  They have Amare Stoudamire!  Isiah Thomas' slapping hands have nothing on Nasty Nash.  I'd start to bring up that Rick Fox-esque player Grant Hill and that street thug Leandro Barbosa but I don't want to start to make Lurker cry thinking about how bad his squad is going to get beat up.

Seriously aside from The Big Craptus who on this team is physical?  This is the same squad of guys who were being roughed up by Kwame Brown in the post!  They tried to get physical with him and it did nothing.  Why would they think this would work on Parker (who proved to them it didn't work the last game), Duncan (who it hasn't worked on), and Manu (who flops around so much your just asking for the refs to ring up flagrants).

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 11:11:45 AM »
I think it's funny people think Shaq fouled TP hard.  That was just Shaq's size, the Suns have not started playing phsical ball yet IMO.  I think they need to do exactly what Horry did last year but for some reason the Suns don't want to or are not capable of.  Somebody on the Suns should shove/slam TP or Manu into the stands like Horry did, send a message already or just roll over and play dead.  I expect some physical play from Raj, Shaq and Amare at home.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 11:19:29 AM »
Imagine if Phx could have beaten the Spurs and went on to face the Lakers in the WCFs.
Wow!

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 11:37:07 AM »
I think it's funny people think Shaq fouled TP hard.  That was just Shaq's size, the Suns have not started playing phsical ball yet IMO.  I think they need to do exactly what Horry did last year but for some reason the Suns don't want to or are not capable of.  Somebody on the Suns should shove/slam TP or Manu into the stands like Horry did, send a message already or just roll over and play dead.  I expect some physical play from Raj, Shaq and Amare at home.

That is a problem for the Suns because D'Antroni doesn't develop a bench.  The Spurs loss Horry for 2 games.  I would love to see Nash or Amare slam one of the Spurs into the stands.  A 2 game suspension would definately help their cause.   ::)
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 11:40:29 AM »

Raja Bell is not a physical player.  He made one statement with the close line and that was it.  He is way too  rail thin to inflict pain on Manu.  Actually he might actually have to SEE Manu before he can foul him hard.  So far Manu has blown by him on just about every play.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 12:27:53 PM »

That is a problem for the Suns because D'Antroni doesn't develop a bench.  The Spurs loss Horry for 2 games.  I would love to see Nash or Amare slam one of the Spurs into the stands.  A 2 game suspension would definately help their cause.   ::)

There are plenty of scrubs at the END of the Suns bench, they just need to bring one of them and have him go Brendon Haywood on Parker or Manu.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2008, 12:41:06 PM »

There are plenty of scrubs at the END of the Suns bench, they just need to bring one of them and have him go Brendon Haywood on Parker or Manu.

That's the problem...D'Antoni can't see past the 3rd player on the bench.  If you don't know that there are players down on the end how can you call on them to play/foul?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2008, 01:15:28 PM »
The Suns IMO need to stop trying to force the Shaq experiement to work and go back to letting Nash be the first option.  I did notice that when we hit OT in the first game Nash took over and got them the lead, but as soon as they try to go back to the bigs the got stuck and ended up losing.  Stupid on the Suns part IMO.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2008, 02:36:16 PM »
The Suns IMO need to stop trying to force the Shaq experiement to work and go back to letting Nash be the first option.  I did notice that when we hit OT in the first game Nash took over and got them the lead, but as soon as they try to go back to the bigs the got stuck and ended up losing.  Stupid on the Suns part IMO.

EXACTLY.

I love how instead of watching tape of last years matchup to see exactly how to improve on the plan of attack from last year they just go 'Fooey, let's just get Shaq and not think past him being able to guard Tim Duncan'  I swear it's as if Steve Kerr put like 15 seconds of thought into how Shaq will impact this team and then picked up the phone.