Author Topic: Congrads to DJ MBenga of the Los Angeles Lakers for getting the BAWRdog award  (Read 4334 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
In the middle of the second quarter he got a shot in the paint and converted.  He also grabbed 5 rebounds.  Had he not scored those 2 points and kept the Nuggets from getting 5 offensive rebounds that would have been put backs the Lakers wouldn't have won.

http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
The Lakers are pretty thin in the frontcourt -- Turiaf is desperately need.  I hope he gets over his tonsilitis very quickly.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
The Lakers are pretty thin in the frontcourt -- Turiaf is desperately need.  I hope he gets over his tonsilitis very quickly.

Another Latte Randal.

MBenga is not only a better offensive player then Ronnie but a better defensive player.  If you look at MBenga's stats from 2006 and compare them to Ronnie's stats in the last 2 months of 2008 you will see who is the better player.

He is going to be a major force in the Lakers title run this year.  Hopefully he can continue to win the BAWRdog award each game.  I know it's tough to score 2 points a game in the flow of things but great players do that.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Anyone else find it funny Reality has taken a 'sick day' from the board today?

Had Kobe shot 7-40 in route to a loss he would be all chipper.

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
^^^Yeah, he's probably just hung over from celebrating the success of his favorite player and team  :D

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Anyone else find it funny Reality has taken a 'sick day' from the board today?

Had Kobe shot 7-40 in route to a loss he would be all chipper.
I'm not a trust fund baby and have a company to run. 
From what little i saw,
1. Kobster played great
2. Denver displayed none of the physicality or thuggery they displayed repeatedly vs the Spurs in the playoffs.  Did Collusion 2008 include an agreement to play softball with Koubee and the Lakers?  Looks like it.

msc
^^^Yeah, he's probably just hung over from celebrating the success of his favorite player and team 
  Roger that.  Sampling some new tequilas while watching tape of the Spurs including Barrdawg and Bob Horry in Gms 1 and 2. ;D

Lastly, B-Rad, it's more effective if you point out points scored by a player when it is the same as the victory margin.  Ie Barrdog hits a trey as the Spurs win by 2.  Using non-Laker math, the 3 points helped provide the victory.  Alth DJ MBengas contributions did help the Lakers 20 point win.

You're learning!  :)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Lastly, B-Rad, it's more effective if you point out points scored by a player when it is the same as the victory margin.  Ie Barrdog hits a trey as the Spurs win by 2.  Using non-Laker math, the 3 points helped provide the victory.  Alth DJ MBengas contributions did help the Lakers 20 point win.

I know math is beyond you so I will break it down.  Benga's 5 boards prevented the Nuggets from scoring 10 points AND it allowed the Lakers to score 10 for a 20 TWENTY point swing.  Add the 2 points from his basket and you have 22 points.  Get it now?  Probably not.  OWNED!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email

I know math is beyond you so I will break it down.  Benga's 5 boards prevented the Nuggets from scoring 10 points AND it allowed the Lakers to score 10 for a 20 TWENTY point swing.  Add the 2 points from his basket and you have 22 points.  Get it now?  Probably not.  OWNED!

Why you had to point that out when I mentioned MBenga grabbing boards as keeping Denver off the glass......I don't know.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Thanks FRAN*s

Except MBengas 5 boards did not all result in Laker scores.
Still a great thread B-Rad and the Barrdawg Award lives on!

I nominate either Chuck Hayes or Deke MTumble for last nights Barrdawg Award.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 10:15:22 AM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Thanks FRAN*s

Except MBengas 5 boards did not all result in Laker scores.
Still a great thread B-Rad and the Barrdawg Award lives on!

I nominate either Chuck Hayes or Deke MTumble for last nights Barrdawg Award.

With the way the Nuggets were killing the Lakers on the glass they easily could have been points either way.

Chuck Hayes should get it for last night.  I think we make this the weekly award for the lowest of the low role players coming off the bench for 3 minute stretches.

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
C'mon Reality, don't you understand the "time-travel-butterfly" law?  If you travel back in time and kill a butterfly you will alter the natural course of history/evolution and when you travel back to the present people will all have tails or wings or lizard tongues. 

It's the same thing when you talk about altering historical plays in a game.  A made or missed two point shot doesn't necessarily equal two points at the end of the game.  If in your example Bardawg missed his shot, maybe the Spurs get the rebound.  Maybe Timmy Dunkar gets the rebound puts it back in and is hacked by Fatquille and converts the three point play.  Or maybe Timmy Dunkar kicks the rebound out to Michael Finley who drills a 3 will getting hacked by Boris Diaw ... booyah, 4 point play. 

The point is don't travel back in time and kill any butterflys.   

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
^^ yeah there are no absolutes for earlier in game plays, i agree.

Point is they still contribute.  Irrefutable.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email

And the counterpoint is that you can't equate a 10 minute contributor with a 25 minute contributor.  And if you want to compare important 3 pointers in a close game...I would say that the closer to teh end of the game then the more important the contribution.  In game 1 Barry's 3 pointer was nice, Finley's was nicer but Duncan's was the nicest of all.

Or in game 2 Horry's 3 1/2 minutes contributed wasn't critical unless you want to say the 2 points that he saved when he blocked Shaq was the difference maker in a 2 point game.  But then that would negate Barry's 3 pointer in the second quarter as being the difference maker.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
They contribute.
Ramble on all you want how 25 minutes does not equal 10 minutes etc. 
I never said it did.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email

And the counterpoint is that you can't equate a 10 minute contributor with a 25 minute contributor.  And if you want to compare important 3 pointers in a close game...I would say that the closer to teh end of the game then the more important the contribution.  In game 1 Barry's 3 pointer was nice, Finley's was nicer but Duncan's was the nicest of all.

Or in game 2 Horry's 3 1/2 minutes contributed wasn't critical unless you want to say the 2 points that he saved when he blocked Shaq was the difference maker in a 2 point game.  But then that would negate Barry's 3 pointer in the second quarter as being the difference maker.

The answer to that is just to ignore all contributions from Michael Finley so that it doesn't negate what BAWRdog does.