Author Topic: Shaqs whining about Spurs flops....  (Read 1377 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Shaqs whining about Spurs flops....
« on: April 22, 2008, 10:31:51 AM »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Shaqs whining about Spurs flops....
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 10:56:25 AM »
You mean Orlando?

There was a point in time where Shaq's foot work was above average for a man of his size and people were flopping.  Now he is straight bull dozing players because he doesn't have the same movement.  That foul that Flabs drew on him was a perfect example.  You cannot put your arms, elbows, and stomach into a defender to move him.  That is a foul.  No flop.  The Big Craptus needs to stop making excuses.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 10:57:22 AM »
You mean Orlando?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 10:59:06 AM »
His orlando DAZE  ::)

http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 12:27:25 PM »
There was a point in time where Shaq's foot work was above average for a man of his size

I disagree, 'Koast.  There was a time when his footwork was AWESOME, and he clearly had one of the game's best go-to moves in the post - his drop-step.

I will say that his footwork has slowed as he's gotten up there in age, and he's definitely more likely to go through people these days than use a quick move.
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 12:32:34 PM »
What's funny is that the Suns were the ones flopping in the first half of the game.  Then when Kurt and Manu start doing it then they try to call us on it.  That's the playoffs though, you got to use whatever you can to win.  Shaqs whining is just a way to get the refs to help them out.  Hope tonight go in the Spurs favor.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 01:45:48 PM »
Two things -

Shaq was clearly within the restricted zone, so the call was an easy one to make and no arguement could be made otherwise.

Second, back in his Laker daze, or Orlando daze, I do not belief he had to worry about any restricted zone, since that came into play more recently, and, if I recall, bacame the new rule because Shaq would plant himself under the basket and swat the littlons back into the cheap seats every time they came into his play zone.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."