Author Topic: I want to slap the Lakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1218 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
I want to slap the Lakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: April 20, 2008, 02:59:01 PM »
Camelo is guarding Gasol and the Lakers are shooting 3's.  WTF!  Fire the coach!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: I want to slap the Lakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 05:29:41 PM »
Calm down there holmes.  They moved the ball well.  No need to get angry and start shooting bullets into the air from your glock.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 09:03:52 AM »
There were several players who must have been a bit tight with their first playoff game -- what I screamed about was the Lakers defense in the 2nd quarter.  The Lakers came out and played great ball in the first quarter -- moving the ball well.  And then the Nuggets went into zone defense and collapsed into the post and started daring the Lakers to shoot 3's (which the Lakers were only too happy to do).  My problem was the fact that they begin to let the Nuggets have a lay-up contest and they just sat and watched them.  THAT was frustrating!  Unfortunately, I had a meeting and didn't get to see the 2nd half of the game!  Argh!!!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 10:24:34 AM »
I am also starting to get very frustrated with Kobe's shot selection.  Obviously he can make any shot but he is settling way too much for very difficult shots.  I wish he would give up the ball and use screens.  The Lakers are passing very well and if you are going to take nothing but 20 footers then why not do it off a screen.  He started the game 3 for 14 or something like that but he refused to take it to the rim even though he can blow by Martin any time.

I am also pissed they didn't take advantage of the mis-matches the Lakers had, only Walton tried to take advantage of the smaller players.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 10:32:03 AM »
I am also starting to get very frustrated with Kobe's shot selection.  Obviously he can make any shot but he is settling way too much for very difficult shots.  I wish he would give up the ball and use screens.  The Lakers are passing very well and if you are going to take nothing but 20 footers then why not do it off a screen.  He started the game 3 for 14 or something like that but he refused to take it to the rim even though he can blow by Martin any time.

I am also pissed they didn't take advantage of the mis-matches the Lakers had, only Walton tried to take advantage of the smaller players.

I didn't think his shot selection was all that bad actually.  They just were not falling down.  A few of them were rushed but quite a few shots were in the offense but did not stay down.  Give credit to Kenyon Martin for doing a pretty good job of putting a large strong body on him.  No doubt Kobe is going to make adjustments and have a much better game on Wednesday. 

The interior defense vs the Lakers interior offense was the mis-match, they exploited it perfectly lol

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 10:54:53 AM »
I didn't think his shot selection was all that bad actually.  They just were not falling down.  A few of them were rushed but quite a few shots were in the offense but did not stay down.  Give credit to Kenyon Martin for doing a pretty good job of putting a large strong body on him.  No doubt Kobe is going to make adjustments and have a much better game on Wednesday. 

The interior defense vs the Lakers interior offense was the mis-match, they exploited it perfectly lol

That's my point, Kenyon did NOTHING to force Kobe into taking jumper after jumper.  All Kobe had to do was drive by him once to get Kenyon to give him some space.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 11:04:36 AM »

That's my point, Kenyon did NOTHING to force Kobe into taking jumper after jumper.  All Kobe had to do was drive by him once to get Kenyon to give him some space.

I wouldn't say he was doing nothing.  He had to have been doing something because as soon as JR Smith got onto Kobe he started to attack more.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 12:25:29 PM »
Speaking of the Lakers/Nuggets.....

Does anyone else find it funny that Nuggets fans on the Internet are upset that LA fans were chanting DUI for Melo after the past few years of holding up signs calling Kobe a rapist and booing him as if he were the anti christ?  Kobe was never convicted of raping anyone.  He got in trouble for cheating on his wife...can't really say that is better/worse then driving under the influence to the point where you could barely see in front of you.

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 12:45:27 PM »
Geez WOW, you must be a load of fun to watch games with.  "Man what a pathetic jump ball!  The Lakers are gonna choke! Fire Cupcake!"   ;D
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes