Author Topic: Look who has homecourt advantage  (Read 4242 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Look who has homecourt advantage
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2008, 07:42:51 PM »
Sometimes I wonder how Houston is a good defensive team when I see two above average defenders (Battier, Mutumbo) and a bunch of suspect defenders.  Blows my mind.

Westkoast,

Shane Battier and Chuck Hayes are top notch, remarkable defenders!

Dikembe Mutombo is a down from top notch only because of age, but still good.

Tracy McGrady's athleticism and length make him an above average defender, if he had heart he'd be an amazing defender.

Scola is an average man-defender but a great team defender.

. . . and the rest are suspect, although some play the passing lanes (Alston, B-Jax, etc.)

I forgot Chuck Hayes but the two people I mentioned were Battier and Deke.  I disagree with Tracy McGrady he is not even an above average defender for entire quarters let alone entire games.  He is an average defender to me.  The rest are all suspect.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2008, 08:59:08 AM »
Oh sorry. I didn't realized I had predicted that the Jazz would beat the Lakers in that post. My bad.

Seriously, is it possible for you to allow one thread to be about something other than the Lakers? ::)

My post is a response to numerous pundits in the press and a few posters on this board who have spoken so unequivocally about the Jazz' inability to win away from home. In case you think I am making this up, allow me to give your own words.

they [the Jazz] have proven they can't beat anyone away from their home court.

And here is your compadre Reality, although he is leaving a little more gray area than you did.

I'm not discounting Houston, with Utahs inability on the road.

Now can we stay on topic?

Hmm, this thread didn't have anything to do with our previous conversation in another thread?  That line might hold a little more weight if you didn't begin to quote me from the other thread, wouldn't it?

As for the Jazz beating the Rockets on the road, congrats, you must be bursting with pride.  I still would pick the Jazz to win this series in spite of their horrible road record (which I'm sure is just a fluke, huh? -- there are all kinds of reasons for that horrible road record:  the Jazz get motion sickness when they travel; they only like home cooking; they need the refs advantage on their homecourt; they can't take their eyes off the opposing teams cheerleaders; they have had the unfortunate experience of staying in hotels that have bed bugs; the baskets are smaller in other arenas; they don't sleep well if they aren't in their own beds; they just don't focus well on the road; -- I'm sure we could find a number of other reasons if we wanted to).  I've said, even before Yao went down, that Houston wouldn't make it out of the first round (it seems even Zig chooses to only remember what he wants to).  I do think that the Rockets having homecourt advantage gives them a far better chance at beating the Jazz in the series but I already posted that I don't think they would win the series.  I just think they have a shot at winning a couple of games.

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2008, 09:31:12 AM »
Jane you ignorant slut.

That's right. From now until the end of time, I will never use your proper name. You are forever to be named . . . Jane. I'm sorry, but trust me, you've earned this.

Now that we have that settled . . .

You have proven that you simply cannot stay on topic. My initial post was about the fact that the Jazz can't beat anyone on the road. When you tried to hijack the thread, I offered you a direct quote of your own words to prove my intent and to bring you back on topic. I said nothing about picks. I said nothing about the Jazz beating the Lakers. You claim that because I took that quote from a thread talking about other subjects, that I am in fact, talking about those other subjects--even if I don't realize that I am. RIDICULOUS LOGIC.

Then you go off on some rambling diatribe about motion sickness, bed bugs, opposing cheerleaders, and smaller baskets (all pathologically off topic once again). And then you once again prove that you are utterly incapable of recognizing sarcasm of any degree (i.e. Ziggy's post).

People, I think we're witnessing a first in the history of this or any other basketball forum . . . SELF-OWNAGE. My posts, Skander's post, Ziggy's post, all were unnecessary. Jane was owned the moment she started typing a response to this thread.

PS. I am going to be so pissed at myself in a couple of months when I forget to call him Jane.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2008, 09:32:52 AM »
I do think that the Rockets having homecourt advantage gives them a far better chance at beating the Jazz in the series but I already posted that I don't think they would win the series.  I just think they have a shot at winning a couple of games.

By the way, the Rockets don't have homecourt advantage.  8)

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2008, 01:39:13 PM »
Jane you ignorant slut.

That's right. From now until the end of time, I will never use your proper name. You are forever to be named . . . Jane. I'm sorry, but trust me, you've earned this.

Now that we have that settled . . .

You have proven that you simply cannot stay on topic. My initial post was about the fact that the Jazz can't beat anyone on the road. When you tried to hijack the thread, I offered you a direct quote of your own words to prove my intent and to bring you back on topic. I said nothing about picks. I said nothing about the Jazz beating the Lakers. You claim that because I took that quote from a thread talking about other subjects, that I am in fact, talking about those other subjects--even if I don't realize that I am. RIDICULOUS LOGIC.

Then you go off on some rambling diatribe about motion sickness, bed bugs, opposing cheerleaders, and smaller baskets (all pathologically off topic once again). And then you once again prove that you are utterly incapable of recognizing sarcasm of any degree (i.e. Ziggy's post).

People, I think we're witnessing a first in the history of this or any other basketball forum . . . SELF-OWNAGE. My posts, Skander's post, Ziggy's post, all were unnecessary. Jane was owned the moment she started typing a response to this thread.

PS. I am going to be so pissed at myself in a couple of months when I forget to call him Jane.

Great post, I'm don't know who you are talking to but this diatribe is clearly one of your most cognitive works. 

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2008, 04:23:24 PM »
I'm talking to you Jane.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2008, 04:38:04 PM »
I'm talking to you Jane.

You forgot that reading comprehension is that poster's biggest weakness.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2008, 04:39:02 PM »
May the voice of the new, Jazz, raison d'etre be heard on this topic?

"One of my coaches said we were as soft as Dairy Queen ice cream tonight," coach Phil Jackson said.

That, after the Laqueers lost by 24 points to the Jazz back in December. Awe, de poor Laqueers. Even day couch sees them as soft, limp, flacid.....what is the word I am looking for?

The only team in the NBA that is NEVER distracted by the opposing teams' cheerleaders, lol to the LAL!!!
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2008, 11:02:55 PM »
I'm talking to you Jane.

Wow, I feel sooo insulted.  How old are you again?

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2008, 11:12:02 PM »
May the voice of the new, Jazz, raison d'etre be heard on this topic?

"One of my coaches said we were as soft as Dairy Queen ice cream tonight," coach Phil Jackson said.

That, after the Laqueers lost by 24 points to the Jazz back in December. Awe, de poor Laqueers. Even day couch sees them as soft, limp, flacid.....what is the word I am looking for?

The only team in the NBA that is NEVER distracted by the opposing teams' cheerleaders, lol to the LAL!!!

Well, you definately have joined the ranks of Jazz fans by reporting inaccurate information.  The Lakers didn't lose to the Jazz in December -- they beat them in December by 14.  The Lakers DID lose to the Jazz by 24 in November -- of course, that was the only loss in four games against the Jazz.  Does that make the Jazz softer than Dairy Queen ice cream?  You seem to be the expert on soft, limp and flacid so I'll allow you to wax eloquent on the impotence of the Jazz.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 02:41:11 AM by Randy »

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2008, 12:53:18 AM »
so I'll allow you to estimate how impotency of the Jazz.

What?