Author Topic: Jazz Lay an Egg  (Read 7878 times)

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Jazz Lay an Egg
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2008, 10:58:48 AM »
Sure, he should have passed it - he could have passed it. But basketball legends are not born by passing the ball in those situations.

No JazzMal!

Ah the impetuousness of youth.  Come, young one, for a lesson. 

Having an upbeat and positive attitude about our players is well and good . . . and of course highly encouraged.  But we must not descend into unobjectivity.  Deron Williams should have passed to the open man!  Repeat that with me.  Deron Williams should have passed to the open man!  Proceed to the Room of Tranquility and meditate on the virtue of unselfish basketball--one of Lord Stockton's most important Pillars.

Do not be disappointed, you show great promise as a Jazz fan.   
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2008, 11:00:01 AM »
But as I have said all year about my Jazz,....

It was refreshing all year to hear you realistic assesment of the Jazz vs Ted's ESPN-type hype about the Jazz.  One thing I found annoying last night is TNT comparing the current Jazz team to the Stockton/Malone/Hornaceck team.  Stockton and Malone are all time greats, not one single player on the Jazz can even sniff "all time", they are not even that great compared to current players.  That being said I cannot think of a team that has as much talent at every position as the Jazz, the Lakers and Spurs come close but not quite.  
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2008, 11:01:39 AM »
 That being said I cannot think of a team that has as much talent at every position as the Jazz, the Lakers and Spurs come close but not quite.  
:D :D :D that made my day.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2008, 11:02:44 AM »
Sure, he should have passed it - he could have passed it. But basketball legends are not born by passing the ball in those situations.

Of course they are especially if they play the point guard position...THAT'S THEIR JOB!  Even the great Michael Jordan was praised for finally realizing he needed to trust the Paxsons & Kerrs of the world to win.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2008, 11:06:53 AM »

Of course they are especially if they play the point guard position...THAT'S THEIR JOB!  Even the great Michael Jordan was praised for finally realizing he needed to trust the Paxsons & Kerrs of the world to win.

True but how many times have you see the passes to Kerr and JP for the win? 

Now think of how many times you've seen the shots to beat the Cavs and the Jazz....
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2008, 11:33:21 AM »

True but how many times have you see the passes to Kerr and JP for the win? 

Often enough...and in the playoffs...that it earned Jordan praise for maturing as a leader.  Not saying that Williams can't learn also but pointing out based on JazzMal's post that learning to trust in your teammates is a critical part of becomeing a leader on a championship team.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2008, 11:41:31 AM »
Guys can we not beat JoMal's narrative sarcasm to a bleeding pulp. ::)
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2008, 11:43:18 AM »

Then why bother visiting the board?  Isn't that part of the appeal?

;)
-Moody Blues

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2008, 12:16:45 PM »
Steve Kerr and John Paxson both hit game winnings shots for the Bulls. I think Paxson's was against the Suns. And wasn't Kerr's in a series clincher against the Jazz? Not sure I've got my games straight.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2008, 12:25:29 PM »
Steve Kerr and John Paxson both hit game winnings shots for the Bulls. I think Paxson's was against the Suns. And wasn't Kerr's in a series clincher against the Jazz? Not sure I've got my games straight.

That's what I thought but wasn't sure enough to post it.  It was the year before the infamous Jordan push off.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2008, 12:32:28 PM »

That's what I thought but wasn't sure enough to post it.  It was the year before the infamous Jordan push off.

I hate lame typo's like that Lurker.  in famous NOT infamous, in famouse means MJ was so famous that he is actually IN famous.  So say the three amigos!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2008, 12:37:34 PM »

::) :D  Guess it does not always fly, Skandery.

And I find my tranquility and meditation with a good Bunnahabhain in one hand and the TV remote in the other. If I had a third hand......
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2008, 12:39:16 PM »

I hate lame typo's like that Lurker.  in famous NOT infamous, in famouse means MJ was so famous that he is actually IN famous.  So say the three amigos!

Actually, WOW, in famouse means MJ was a gay mouse.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2008, 12:42:26 PM »

Williams has not progressed to the Jordanian level where if his teammates blew the shot, they knew he would physically hurt them later.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2008, 01:14:48 PM »
The Jazz go 48 minutes of basketball, AT HOME, and they knock out only ONE TOOTH? Sloan is slipping.

But as I have said all year about my Jazz, they are tough at home and will prove that next game. What true blue, diehard Jazz fan would not really want
Williams with the ball in that situation. Sure, he should have passed it - he could have passed it. But basketball legends are not born by passing the ball in those situations.

McGrady did his one out of four "Big Deal" game, so now he can go back into his self-depreciating funk.

Hokey Smokes jOLDmal, is this the best you can do propping "your" team? I for one am glad you jumped on that wagon instead of ours, this is fanhome stuff, Minnie minnie Me
Dan