Author Topic: Sixers seed  (Read 1278 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Sixers seed
« on: April 15, 2008, 12:22:55 AM »
What a howl.  3 long slow steps by Lebron right in front of the refs.  However Miller did foul Lebron with his slide step so maybe all in all it was an equal no call.

Don't be mad at Dalembert.  Looked to me like after swatting Lebrons slipped shot, Dalembert came down on Ilgauskas Zmans foot and that is what caused him to barrel into Devin Brown with 0.2 on the clock.   

It's in the books now...

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sixers seed
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 08:25:40 AM »
This is why the NBA IS CORRUPT!!!

Although the foul call was on Dalembert (and, there clearly was contact) What the referree's didn't notice as they reviewed the play over and over to see if the foul was called while the game was still going on, was that Dalembert had gone up in the air to block LeBron's shot, and as LeBron passed the ball, Ilgauskas, pushed Dalembert into Devon Brown!

So Dalembert never intended to make contact with Brown, and was actually falling into him off balance thanks to Ilgauskas' foul on Dalembert.

This is why the NBA sucks.  The refs go out of there way to try to make things right, and steal a game from the Sixers on a bad call that they got to watch again, over and over.

Doesn't bother me that the Sixers are facing Detroit.  Does bother me that the refs would blow a call so badly.  You don't call a foul on a player who was pushed in the back.  If you did, a smart team would go to the foul line every time down the floor!

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 08:29:55 AM »
Actually my problem with the replay issue is this:

Last week when the clock started early in a last second play between Atl & Totonto the league said that an error in starting the clock is not a reviewable play.  However now a "missed" foul call is reviewable?  That can happen on every single last second play.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 09:31:01 AM »
meh.  LeBron was hacked on that drive before he traveled, and before Z pushed Dalembert into Brown.  My problem wasn't that a foul was called, but that it was the wrong foul to call.

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 01:03:20 PM »
Lurker, it wasn't a missed foul call -- the ref under the basket clearly had the foul called when it happened.  I do agree with Rick that Ilgauskas was the one who caused the foul against Brown but Dalembert didn't help his team by acting like he was caught in the middle of a heinous crime.  He needs to take some acting lessons from Manu.

The review wasn't on whether or not it was a foul but whether or not the foul occured before the game clock went off. 

However, it's a VERY tough call to make -- I don't like refs determining the outcomes of games, it's bad for the game. 

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 04:54:45 PM »
I think Randy has pointed out the bottom line.  You don't want refs to determine the outcome of games. Obviously, if LeBron was fouled they should have called it, but if they did that, they'd have to call a foul everytime he touched the ball! Basically, that was going on all night, and for the most part they allowed it.  You don't change the game's outcome by making that call at the end, especially THAT call.

Technically, it should have been a foul on Ilgauskas, and Dalembert should have shot free throws!  Now, that would have gotten the Cleveland fans howling!

The Sixers did everything they needed to to win that game, and basically by virtue of Lou Williams performance they deserved to win.  It even felt like a win, until they pulled the players back out of the locker room.

I'm feeling better about the team after this game. I finally saw some fight in them.  I think Igoudala is still hurting a bit, and the Sixers depend on him more than anyone.  It's nice to see that Lou can carry a team on his back to close out a game- only thing that happened to the Sixers is they ran out of time.