Author Topic: The end is near and the Kings are dead.....  (Read 12604 times)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Re: The end is near and the Kings are dead.....
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2008, 04:56:16 PM »
Ah but consider JoMal, like the evil emperor and his Darth Vader, we can quickly turn our youthful Skywalker from those evil Jedi, and give him a little common sense in the process
Dan

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2008, 04:58:39 PM »
Sorry JoMal, but Philly fans don't roll out the carpet for anyone.  If you want to root for the Sixers there's room on the wagon, and plenty to drink, but don't hold your breath waiting for an invite.  Nobody gives away the good wine for free!

LOL!  That's like Vanilla Ice standing at the door to his concert telling you you're not worthy to come inside!

ROTFL WOW, that was great, way to take down Minnie Me!
Dan

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2008, 05:24:07 PM »
Okay JoMal. Here it is.

First of all, the whole united Californians thing is kind of funny when all those Smog Sniffers have berated your beloved Sacramento as a backwoods Cowtown for years.

Second, we Jazz fans need someone with the wisdom and experience to guide us into the exciting years to come. Everything about the Spurs is old and boring. They've had their time, won their titles. It's time for a new age, and despite the railings of other posters, your skills are too honed to waste them on a rapidly dulling knife like the Spurs.

Third can you really, truly cheer for the Lakers? Sure the Jazz play tough on the court, but they are a group of clean cut, law abiding men off the court. The odds of being forced to cheer for a guy who bends unwilling girls over a chair are not high. Remember, the Death Star was deemed invincible because of its huge size (market), the leadership of Governor Tarkin (Phildo), the skills of Darth Vader (Kobe), and the all-controlling menace of the Emperor (David F. Stern). Even with all of this power, a band of courageous, scrappy rebels led by a short guy with a baby face (DWill) was able to find a weakness and use it to destroy the behemoth.

You don't want to be just another drone of an evil empire, or another wasted talent cheering a team from a South Texan Retirement Home. You want to be part of the future, and the future needs you JoMal. All we've got in the way of "experience" is Joe, and he barely comes around anymore. The rest of youngsters need a guiding hand. Don't weild a butter knife, wield a newly forged blade made of pure, strong, athletic steel. Join the Jazz.

IFDAO
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 05:45:15 PM by Ted »
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2008, 05:42:09 PM »
Okay, Ted.

JoMal is impressed with your argument. Though a little needy, I like that coming from another small market community. And that DARK SIDE/DARTH VADAR kind of thing is a bit scary, truth be told. Sort of how George Bailey must have felt when he shook hands with Old Man Potter after he offered him a job as his land manager for tons more money. Could he sell out for three years just for the money? Could I for three months?

Hmmmm. I also only see Laker Fan offering much in the way of accolades for JoMal. JoMal can be got cheap, but not THAT cheap.

Please, all continue. This is giving JoMal much to think about. I am off, now, for a week in New Orleans, so please keep this thread near the top, if you think of it, and offer JoMal more love for his considerable services. When I return, probably on the 21st, I will render my decision and from that time on, I will be providing my chosen BandWagon team the ultimate in over-the-top analysis and distain for others in the playoff race.

And once again, thanks for your prayers and best wishes for Mrs. JoMal. She is my best friend and I hate seeing her suffer.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2008, 05:55:33 PM »
For the record I don't mind older LAKER fans.  It is the old Kings fans that I have an issue with.  If you joined up with us you wouldn't hear any old jokes because all Laker fans are "down"

See as an old Kings fan you think 'down' means depressed but if you were a young hip Laker fan you would realize what context I put it in...

....as in "put down", like an old dog?

Laker Fan, he is not helping.

*Sigh*

See this is the communication break down with out of touch, non-hip Kings fans.  You and LFD are the same age yet he understands.  Being a Laker fan automatically makes you in touch with the younger generation and cool.  We can help you with your half-life er..I mean mid-life crisis.

Here is an example of using 'down' in a conversation as done by Laker poster W.O.W and his cousin 'Baby Joker'

Baby Joker: Aye, why is Pedro over here way? 
W.O.W: He's down holmes don't mess with him
Baby Joker: Chalas Holmes

If you are 'down' you are cut from the same cloth and accepted.  Someone vouches for you.    With such a supreme intellect and the ability to sense what people are thinking via the Internet I figured you would be able to get this.    Words often mean different things to people who grew up in different eras.  When you say you and Ted had a gay ol time at the Utah Jazz game it takes on a whole different meaning when I read it  :o
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2008, 08:42:53 PM »
Okay, Ted.

JoMal is impressed with your argument.

JoMal,

Did a Spurs fan give you and excuse to leave work early?
Did a Jazz fan buy you several rounds of beer?
Did a Sixers fan buy you an oyster sampler appetizer?
Did a Celtics fan take you back to the hotel and...

DID THEY?!?!  Did they JoMal?

You see JoMal that was just a TINY taste of living "Lakers".  Lakers and their fans live LARGE because we roll like that and by LARGE I mean "bling-bling" and "cha-ching", we're talking QUIDs JoMal, BIG QUID!  The world is OUR oyster, the rest of these losers are just a bunch of mollusks trying to grab a grain of sand to make a pearl.  Never knowing what really makes the world go round is for the rest of the board JoMal, we Laker fans "know".  Say it JoMal..."we Laker fans"....try it on for size...breathe it in....like how that feels?

Do you think the Lakers just "earned" 26 ft in the 4th quarter?
Do you think the Lakers just "lucked" out getting Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown?
Do you think the Lakers just "deserve" to be televised nationally 10X a week?
Do you think the Lakers just "out witted" other GM's by drafting star players that got passed on by other teams?

Do you think Randy earned his Lexus through hard work?
Do you think Laker Fan is living FAT on "retirement" money that he wisely saved and invested?
Do you think westkoast has an IT "job" making big cheddar because he is competent?

JoMal, in a word C.R.E.A.M. (dolla dolla bill yo!)

JoMal, can you even BEGIN to imagine what it would be like to have the Laker life in return for ONLY your immortal soul...errr....loyalty?

With age comes wisdom JoMal, I know you will make a wise decision.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2008, 01:35:38 PM »
Hokey Smokes! Nothing I can add to that WOW, I think we in Lakerdom can rest our case.

Nothing these poor little saps from "ordinary teams" can say tops JoMal's need to stand with his aged compadre (me) against the snot noses, his need to help Koast to reach a level of maturity he currently lacks, to be able to lend to MSC's excellent knowledge and clear objectivity, his skill at tempering Randy's rabid bias, and when all that isn't enough, WOW can bribe him silly.

The choice is clear, your seat on the bandwagon awaits.
Dan

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2008, 01:51:26 PM »
Hokey Smokes! Nothing I can add to that WOW, I think we in Lakerdom can rest our case.

Nothing these poor little saps from "ordinary teams" can say tops JoMal's need to stand with his aged compadre (me) against the snot noses, his need to help Koast to reach a level of maturity he currently lacks, to be able to lend to MSC's excellent knowledge and clear objectivity, his skill at tempering Randy's rabid bias, and when all that isn't enough, WOW can bribe him silly.

The choice is clear, your seat on the bandwagon awaits.

And thus another coattail riding heretic will be cast upon the earth to preach doom & gloom to all the denizens who are lucky enough to avoid association with that holy mecca: LA Cess Pool.  Alas poor JoMal, methinks his mind may have been tricked by agents of the evil empire.  The angst!  The heartache!  The waste of such a wonderful soul.  Pray children that the darkness can be confined to the wretched kingdom of California.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 01:52:57 PM by Lurker »
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2008, 01:21:25 PM »
My opinion is if you are going to hop on a bandwagon you might as well do it with a team that is #1 in the conference and division.  Although I'd hate to root along side you so here are very good reasons to choose those other teams...

Spurs:

Texas has a lot of cows and the smell in some parts is Sac-Townesque.

You can continue to dress like a redneck and fit in perfectly with other Spurs fans, they wouldn't even know you jumped the bandwagon.

Obviously you can identify with being the oldest among your co-workers/peers like the Spurs do.

Jazz:

You can enjoy their games in peace as your 8 wives do all the housework, take care of the children, and cook you dinner.

The only way you can stop being so bitter is to be surrounded by Mormons who are just really really nice enjoying quality Jazz games.

You can wear shorts like John Stockton.

Hornets:

You probably had a blast in NO, more of a reason to become a fan of the team.

Chris Paul is the only person who has as intense of a rivalry with Kobe as you do.

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2008, 02:51:50 PM »
My opinion is if you are going to hop on a bandwagon you might as well do it with a team that is #1 in the conference and division.  Although I'd hate to root along side you so here are very good reasons to choose those other teams...

Spurs:

Texas has a lot of cows and the smell in some parts is Sac-Townesque.

You can continue to dress like a redneck and fit in perfectly with other Spurs fans, they wouldn't even know you jumped the bandwagon.

Obviously you can identify with being the oldest among your co-workers/peers like the Spurs do.

Jazz:

You can enjoy their games in peace as your 8 wives do all the housework, take care of the children, and cook you dinner.

The only way you can stop being so bitter is to be surrounded by Mormons who are just really really nice enjoying quality Jazz games.

You can wear shorts like John Stockton.

Hornets:

You probably had a blast in NO, more of a reason to become a fan of the team.

Chris Paul is the only person who has as intense of a rivalry with Kobe as you do.

That's some pretty back-handed brown nosing if you ask me. JoMal, we still want you. No insults. No cowtown references. Just cheer with us.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2008, 02:53:20 PM »
I must plead that you ingore the mindless rantings of our resident immature child, JoMal, we Laker fans consider 'koast to be the silly little 5 year old that keeps hanging around the big boys, do you see why we implore you to join our ranks? We need Yoda-like wisdom to balance out this man-child.

There, I dropped the dark-side appeal you found so disturbing, besides, you're as old as Yoda, so I guess that analogy fits better  ;D
Dan

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2008, 03:31:49 PM »
I must plead that you ingore the mindless rantings of our resident immature child, JoMal, we Laker fans consider 'koast to be the silly little 5 year old that keeps hanging around the big boys, do you see why we implore you to join our ranks? We need Yoda-like wisdom to balance out this man-child.

There, I dropped the dark-side appeal you found so disturbing, besides, you're as old as Yoda, so I guess that analogy fits better  ;D

Sorry Laker Fan but like the Lakers team we need to keep our ranks young.  We don't want to be like the Spurseseseseses.   Eventually the silly little 5 year old that can hold his own with the big boys becomes a man-beast like Kobe Bryant.  You forget at one point in time Mr Bryant was a silly liittle immature guy with a lot of talent (just like me ;)) but not the experience.   You see what he has become....so yeah.  Thanks for the compliment, it took some reality style twisting, but thanks for it.

So if JoMaL jumps on board as our Yoda then I'm....Luke Skywalker?  And your..Obi Won?  Then we have W.O.W Solo rounding up our crew? I am getting my star wars references all screwed up now.

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2008, 03:59:29 PM »
No!

JoMal is Yoda('s grandfather).  Laker Fan is Obi-Wan (Alec Guiness on his last legs). 

But WOW is Jabba the Hut and you're Little Ani. 8)
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2008, 04:06:22 PM »
No!

JoMal is Yoda('s grandfather).  Laker Fan is Obi-Wan (Alec Guiness on his last legs). 

But WOW is Jabba the Hut and you're Little Ani. 8)

I can't be Ani because that would require me switching from the good guys (Lakers) to the bad guys (Celtics or Spurs) later on.   The Lakers force will always be with me.  Maybe I am a young Obi Won and LFD is Mace Windu.

Again though I can't help but make it clear the Lakers fans need to stay young and sharp.  If we wanted to sign an old player to contribute to our team ala Kurt Thomas we might as well be Spurs fans.  We need some one more like Andrew Bynum...so Skander if you want to jump ship let me know.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2008, 07:45:40 PM »
I don't think anyone has made a case worthy of attracting JoMal, and his rapier-like wit to their side.

Lakers Fans!?!? You cannot be serious. To even suggest you would associate with such, such... well, politeness prevents me from using the appropriate adjectives.

Utah, well look if you can deal with the Mormons then go for it, they are a small market team, and they haven't won in a long time.  They have a great young team and their games are on closer to your time zone. They deserve props and a supporter on the board.

But really, how can you ignore your roots.  The Sixers were your first team, weren't they? You can come back baby, Philly basketball never forgets!  Besides, we are now making seriously good wine in PA and connoisseur that you are, you'll have something good to drink when they win.  If you miss the cows, the Amish and their farms are in the next valley. The Sixers have a chance to upset Detroit in the first round,  and you enjoy the good vibes that come with that kind of a victory.

Come JoMal, Oh Great One, please honor the Sixers with your earnest support. They are young and they are talented, and will one day earn your respect and give you satisfaction in watching a team grow.