Author Topic: Hey Jomal  (Read 3589 times)

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Hey Jomal
« on: March 31, 2004, 10:47:19 PM »
Two words for you:

layup drills.

Thanks for the practice.  
Paul

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey Jomal
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2004, 12:38:39 AM »
I've got two words too

Thanx Spurs
« Last Edit: April 01, 2004, 12:38:54 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey Jomal
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2004, 07:31:51 AM »
I was impressed with Peja's shooting, he got a few shots off with Bowen in his grill, don't know how he got those off. If Bruce Bowen dosen't make the All defensive team, it will be a travesty.

Manu bought the crowd to its feet several times. He drove in for layups at will against the Kings; in recent years, the Spurs have never had a second scorer. Manu is now becoming the Spurs go-to guy.

Kings looked horrible on defense. In many ways, I wish the Spurs would play them the first round, as Memphis is a scary team.

Nice win by the T-wolves, congrats jn.

Paul

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey Jomal
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2004, 09:40:01 AM »
"We're actually better when I'm just another option," Tim Duncan said. "They move the ball around and I can get my shots here and there. We get a lot of different guys playing well."

Why aren't more guys in this league like Tim Duncan?  Complete unselfishness, fierce competitor, puts the team before himself. Are you listening AI?

And GEEZ Jomal. The Spurs shot nearly 60% against your Kings.  WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO YOUR TEAM?????  Complete implosion.
Paul

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey Jomal
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2004, 10:22:57 AM »
"We're actually better when I'm just another option," Tim Duncan said. "They move the ball around and I can get my shots here and there. We get a lot of different guys playing well."

Why aren't more guys in this league like Tim Duncan?  Complete unselfishness, fierce competitor, puts the team before himself. Are you listening AI?

And GEEZ Jomal. The Spurs shot nearly 60% against your Kings.  WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO YOUR TEAM?????  Complete implosion.
simma down naw rosco!!!  dont want to go selling the chickens before they lay eggs..........huh?

yeah dont go sticking your foot in your mouth too soon dude.

good win by our guys.  it will be interesting to see if they still play as hard against the real test, LA....
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey Jomal
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2004, 10:48:53 AM »
Absolutely, LA will be the real test, for both teams actually.  Spurs and LA are still the two strongest teams in the West IMO, it will be interesting to see who wants the game more on Sunday.

X3, get the Chili con queso ready, I"m watching it at your house!
Paul

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey Jomal
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2004, 11:26:54 AM »
Quote from: spursfan101,Apr 1 2004, 02:40 PM

yeah dont go sticking your foot in your mouth too soon dude.

good win by our guys.  it will be interesting to see if they still play as hard against the real test, LA....
Indeed lets tackle the Jazz 1st.  Never an easy game and at this point we are chasing the Wolves, not the Flamers.  1 Game at a time.  

Beyond that bring on the Marketing Flamers.

Music to my ears to hear Dunker again emphasising its about team and not MTV and how much fatter and full of yourself you can become.

Popavitch seems to be getting it offensively.  Not only another 100+ game but just as many points in the 4th qtr as any other.  WooHoo!!  :D  

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey Jomal
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2004, 11:43:46 AM »
What happened is the Kings have tied their playoff cart to a crippled horse. Webber can't play with the Duncan's and Garnetts, or for that matter the Kwame Browns, Horace Grants, and Maurice Taylor's of the League any longer and it has opened up the middle of the lane for all comers. With virtually no interior defense, it matters little who plays the Kings,

The only certainty is they made the playoffs early, thanks to the pre-Webber days of the season. Clearly the team expected to be able to work Webber back into the mix for the playoffs, so they committed to that route 100%. It is too late to change back to some other, more successful system.

Ginobili had an unbelieveable game last night. I doubt he or the Spurs will be able to pull off that kind of shooting against a real defensive team, like the Wizards or Clippers, or any other team that actually understands about team defense, but against the Kings they "only" managed to shoot around sixty percent because they missed some of those wide open drives to the basket because I guess they forgot they were only playing the Kings. Popovich should have reminded them during every time out. He also should have fined Ginobili for even attempting those outside shots regardless of how easy they were. How many easy layup attempts did he forgo to chance a miss like that?  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey Jomal
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2004, 12:14:31 PM »
It is too late to change back to some other, more successful system.

No Way!

While of course Adleman won't change, they could go back to Pre-Web lineup, gameplan, attitude and execution starting tonight.

What are Maloofs saying in all this.
Vlade?
Peja?
Bibby?

Is no one on the team and in the org taking a freakin shot at Adleman and Chrissy?  Roll over and die with Chrissy?  :angry:  <_<  

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey Jomal
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2004, 12:20:39 PM »
They can't change back because they would have to have time to reacclimate themselves to that style again and there is no time to do that.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey Jomal
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2004, 12:28:41 PM »
They can't change back because they would have to have time to reacclimate themselves to that style again and there is no time to do that.
1.  Bench Webber.
2.  Install the old lineup.
3.  BJackson back for playoffs.

result:  I'm sure they can revert back to two weeks ago.  In total, maybe not, maybe Webb and Adleman and the condoners of their affair have allowed damage beyond repair.  However, that is maybe.  Maybe they would return to the 1st 60 games Kings and for sure they would be better then the current disaster.  :)

Right?

Now what are Maloofs Vlade Peja Bibby saying?

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey Jomal
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2004, 12:30:47 PM »
1.  Bench Webber.
2.  Install the old lineup.
3.  BJackson back for playoffs.

result:  I'm sure they can revert back to two weeks ago.  In total, maybe not, maybe Webb and Adleman and the condoners of their affair have allowed damage beyond repair.  However, that is maybe.  Maybe they would return to the 1st 60 games Kings and for sure they would be better then the current disaster.  :)

Right?

Now what are Maloofs Vlade Peja Bibby saying?
webber would still be disruptive to the team by beeeyatching about being benched and wanting to be traded, etc...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey Jomal
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2004, 12:32:44 PM »
The team as a whole has committed to the current focus regarding Webber and the team concept. No one with the organization is suggesting they try something else, just execute better with Webber on the court.

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey Jomal
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2004, 12:37:28 PM »

Spurs offense faired better when Duncan was out, now that he's back, the Spurs offense is 10x better.  Is Webber a selfish player, does he "want his."
Paul

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey Jomal
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2004, 12:41:06 PM »
The team as a whole has committed to the current focus regarding Webber and the team concept. No one with the organization is suggesting they try something else, just execute better with Webber on the court.
Jomal,

Why on Earth can everyone with an iota of basketball sense see what is happening and yet the Kings are committed to.....losing.

For heavens sake Randy and Fan Dan got it.