Author Topic: MVP race comming down to the wire  (Read 6824 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: MVP race comming down to the wire
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 12:39:36 PM »
I know your hate of Kobe OWNAGE over the Kings blinds you to facts ......

This deserves a separate answer:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2008030913

Doesn't "OWNAGE" imply, I don't know, NOT missing the game winner in the closing seconds AT HOME, against the mediocre Kings? Oh, but of course, Pao Gasol was injured that game and.....oops...... Turns out, that was one of the games that Gasol DID play in.

OWNAGE!!!
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 12:44:55 PM »
Neither one of you even approaches my level of reality.

WoW, get near a t.v. set on Sunday for a dose of SuperManu and company.

Reality, you should know I only use you in these comparisons because it apparently really p*ss*s the FRAN's off so much to be referenced so.

Which makes it equally funny when they try to do the same with me, because in all honesty, that does not insults me in the least. God forbid they ever wised up and started comparing me to a 'westkoast', or a 'Randy', or the absolute worst, a "Ted". <shudder>  It makes my skin crawl even thinking it.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008, 01:00:45 PM »
Reality, you should know I only use you in these comparisons because it apparently really p*ss*s the FRAN's off so much to be referenced so.
You are doing a fine job with the FRAN*s including this thread.
No complaints from me.

Great link to the Kings Lakers finish btw. :D  Hit a doubleteam road block but chucked anyways. ;)

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2008, 01:02:20 PM »

I give up!

What does FRAN stand for again?
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2008, 01:10:10 PM »
25-11 with Bynum
4-5 without Bynum.

Like how Kobster and co were able to MAINTAIN their pace and level of play.  Not catapult up in the standings but MAINTAIN.  4-5 is the same MAINTAINANCE as 25-11 in Laker Math.  I'll prepare a "no thought" response since I expect more of the same from you.

Amazing you missed the whole point of maintain and Gasol, actually not amazing, more like expected. 
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008, 01:15:40 PM »

I give up!

What does FRAN stand for again?

FRAN = Fanatical Reality Awestruck Nutcases's

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2008, 02:19:08 PM »
If you are saying that the talent quality of Kobe's teammates is a direct correlation to whether or not Kobe actually trusts them or not, then you are also arguing that LeBron James would make a better MVP candidate, aren't you, since his stats look better then Kobe's, who has worked with superior talent all season. Same with Paul, who is getting more out of less as well.

Nope.  Kobe had the same team mates last year when they were rolling to the same record and standing, but injuries derailed their run.  This year the same thing was happening but Bynum got hurt and they had a drop off, adding Gasol allowed the Lakers to maintain their pace not drastically improve it.

Like I already stated my vote goes to CP3 because he is doing more, or just as much, with less, or much less.

I know your 'Kobe Love' blinds you to facts, but the Lakers are practically unbeatable with Gasol on the court, while only .500 with him off due to injury since the Lakers acquired him. I know you were trying to twist reality, or twist into Reality, for the sake of Kobe love, but how does that translate into Kobe being the catalyst for Laker success if his team becomes average with him on the court alone with four less talented then Gasol players around him?

Nope.  The Lakers were doing just fine before Gasol but injuries to TWO key players, Bynum and Ariza, really hurt the team, just like last year.  Take Kobe off the team and they don't sniff .500 basketball in the WC.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2008, 02:28:52 PM »
Which makes it equally funny when they try to do the same with me, because in all honesty, that does not insults me in the least. God forbid they ever wised up and started comparing me to a 'westkoast', or a 'Randy', or the absolute worst, a "Ted". <shudder>  It makes my skin crawl even thinking it.

What is funny is I'm not trying to insult you, just pointing out who's style you are emulating.  If you start off debating one point then get proven wrong and in turn change the point of debate THEN I would throw a "Randy" at you, or a "Lurker" if you prefer.  If we were to debate a point then I prove you wrong beyond a shadow of a doubt BUT you still insist you are correct using the same argument as before THEN I would go westkoast on you.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2008, 03:10:13 PM »

What is funny is I'm not trying to insult you, just pointing out who's style you are emulating.  If you start off debating one point then get proven wrong and in turn change the point of debate THEN I would throw a "Randy" at you, or a "Lurker" if you prefer.  If we were to debate a point then I prove you wrong beyond a shadow of a doubt BUT you still insist you are correct using the same argument as before THEN I would go westkoast on you.

This is good.

We should put a list together of poster's strategies and when someone pops one into an arguement, we can consult the list and label it accordingly.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2008, 03:13:04 PM »

BTW, not that it is nearly as much fun, but I agree with your rankings. Paul, then Kobe, but for third I am asea as to whether LeBron should be there or Garnett, or Duncan. I would like to put the annual Steve Nash MVP lovefest to rest.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2008, 04:08:39 PM »
This is good.

We should put a list together of poster's strategies and when someone pops one into an arguement, we can consult the list and label it accordingly.

Since my emulation of babbling nonesense in response to anything and everything technique is solid, I am now working on a technique where someone will use my OWN tactics against me to which I will cry foul and stomp in the thread with the indignation battle flag flying high.  The technique also includes the subtle niche of getting exactly what I wanted yet still screaming like a 2 year old.

"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2008, 04:14:34 PM »
 :'(
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2008, 06:27:04 PM »
You can bring up injuries, you can bring up record....

I'd like to bring up playing on both sides of the ball and 'clutch'.  While they are both SUPERB offensive talents, Chris Paul doesn't play defense.  While Kobe is no Bruce Bowen is he actually a much better one on one defender then anyone in the race.  As for being clutch, I don't think anyone can deny Kobe in the 4th quarter.  Sure Chris Paul and KG are good but if you had to put the ball in anyone's hands to win, who would you pick?

I've been traveling all day and I come to the board to see JoMaL mention me not once but TWICE... hmmmmm.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2008, 11:40:09 PM »
You can bring up injuries, you can bring up record....

I'd like to bring up playing on both sides of the ball and 'clutch'.  While they are both SUPERB offensive talents, Chris Paul doesn't play defense.  While Kobe is no Bruce Bowen is he actually a much better one on one defender then anyone in the race.  As for being clutch, I don't think anyone can deny Kobe in the 4th quarter.  Sure Chris Paul and KG are good but if you had to put the ball in anyone's hands to win, who would you pick?

I've been traveling all day and I come to the board to see JoMaL mention me not once but TWICE... hmmmmm.

Agreed but if Nash can win it so can Paul.  I would like to see Kobe win it but I won't be disappointed if Paul is the guy to beat Kobe out for the MVP.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2008, 12:03:16 PM »

Fagulas!

You've been traveling all day and skip all the post traffic and focus on JoMal.  Not to mention you were insulted by another poster and still focused on JoMal.

Feah-gue-las!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"