Author Topic: San Antonio at Lakers  (Read 5537 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
San Antonio at Lakers
« on: April 07, 2008, 07:09:39 AM »
Is it really too early to start a Spurs @ Lakers on Sunday April 13th thread?
Naw.  Should be a battle which determines the #2 seed.

Lakers, you will have Gasol in the lineup and we know he is making all the difference.  Will you also have Byns in the lineup, albeit perhaps rusty but still 7 feet tall with wingspan?
After a mail in game vs Clippers on Wed, will be coming off a Friday night game at New Orleans.

Spurs, other then the @Utah game chunk, 9-1 in last 10 and assuming you dispatch the Suns in San Antonio on Wednesday, a mail in game to follow vs the Sonics on Friday.  Would put you at 11-1 with an okay day and a half rest before entering the Staples temple.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: San Antonio at Lakers
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 06:17:30 PM »
Bynum is not going to return until the playoffs start.  The is the latest official word.

Should be a good match up and def very important as far as seeding goes.  I think the Spurs currently hold the tie breaker at 2-1????
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 11:38:43 PM »
Bynum is not going to return until the playoffs start.  The is the latest official word.

Should be a good match up and def very important as far as seeding goes.  I think the Spurs currently hold the tie breaker at 2-1????

Yea the Spurs are in the drivers seat so this could be an important game.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 09:45:05 AM »

Yes it's 2-1 Spurs.  With Byns you hate to see a guy have to have his initial reentry in a playoff game.  OTOH, you've got to trust the Lakers med staff that surely they will have him in simulated games a plenty before putting him on the court in the playoffs.  Catch 22, great op for Lakers yet no way can you risk the future of SuperByns.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 10:31:39 AM »
Anyone hear a rumor that the Spurs were going to try to pick up Bynum this summer?..I was talking this dude this past friday and he threw that out, I was like, "where the heck did you hear that at??" 
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 10:34:27 AM »
..I was talking this dude this past friday..  
I love your source, SX3. ;)
Seriously, good to have you "back".
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 10:37:56 AM by Reality »

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 10:36:30 AM »
Anyone hear a rumor that the Spurs were going to try to pick up Bynum this summer?..I was talking this dude this past friday and he threw that out, I was like, "where the heck did you hear that at??" 

What a coincidence! I was talking to this dude just the other day.....wonder if it was the same dude?   
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 10:51:20 AM »

Was your dude drinking a White Russian and wearing a robe? 

No, this was a coworker of one of my freinds, I just wanted to know if anyone heard that ANYWHERE?   I gave him a look like he had smoke coming out of his ear.   :(
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 10:54:10 AM »

Anybody hear the rumor that EVERY team in the NBA will try to pick up Bynum this summer?  I heard it from this dude named Contract Extension Year.  CEY also let me in on a rumor about a new president taking over the United States of America.  Check www.duh-obvious.com for more details.

Not sure who has the option to extend Bynums contract, based on what PJ said I would think it's up to the Lakers to extend Bynum and I cannot think of a reason why they would not.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 11:10:40 AM »
<<sigh>>

:-X

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 11:10:54 AM »
Not sure who has the option to extend Bynums contract, based on what PJ said I would think it's up to the Lakers to extend Bynum and I cannot think of a reason why they would not.

I don't know WOW, why would anybody, much less the Lakers want to extend a goony, 7 foot bum, who will never amount to anything beyond a journeyman. ;)
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 11:19:12 AM »
 I gave him a look like he had smoke coming out of his ear.   :(

Must be the same dude. This guy DID have smoke coming out of his ear.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2008, 11:26:19 AM »

I don't know WOW, why would anybody, much less the Lakers want to extend a goony, 7 foot bum, who will never amount to anything beyond a journeyman. ;)
:D

What is a "qualifying offer" like the one that is currently on Byns contract for 2009/10?

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2008, 11:36:21 AM »
 I gave him a look like he had smoke coming out of his ear.   :(

Must be the same dude. This guy DID have smoke coming out of his ear.

yup...same dude then... ;)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2008, 11:37:26 AM »

So far Bynum has fallen far short of my JB Carroll criteria but he is hovering around Brendon Haywood numbers in his quest to attain journeyman status.  In the current centerless-NBA a John Koncak type guy is a coveted asset.  ;)
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"