Author Topic: Key games this week  (Read 1988 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Key games this week
« on: March 31, 2008, 11:42:46 AM »
Denver vs Phx twice.
I think they will split, but if either team sweeps it puts a hurtin on the other teams seeding status.  (Or if Phx sweeps Denver, it puts Denvers playoff spot at odds, but i think Denver needn't worry too much as Dallas seems like its going to fold without Dirk).

New Orl @ Orlando.  I think Orlando is gonna step up at home.  Might not win but they will play New Orl very tough imo.

Golden State at Dallas.  Chance for Golden to bury Dallas as surely Dallas loses at the Lakers the following night.  Oh wait, Gasol may not be back or even near 100% yet.  Maybe Dallas continues breathing even if they lose to Golden.  My advice to Golden is to treat this like an elimination game.

San Antonio @ Utah.  This may be the break you Flamers and other West Conf #1 seed chasers are hoping for.

Sunday: 
Golden @ New Orl
Dallas @ Phx

Should be sayonara for either Golden or Dallas

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Key games this week
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 11:50:22 AM »
San Antonio @ Utah.  This may be the break you Flamers and other West Conf #1 seed chasers are hoping for.

Dang, thought this was going to be a good thread about the wild wild West race.  Guess not.  ::)
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 11:53:38 AM »
^^ oh stop whining.  It's obvious the Lakers are no where near their status as with Collusion Boy so of course they have to hope for breaks until he and Bynum return.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 11:59:17 AM »
^^ oh stop whining.  It's obvious the Lakers are no where near their status as with Collusion Boy so of course they have to hope for breaks until he and Bynum return.

Dang, thought this was going to be a good thread about the wild wild West race.  Guess not.   ::)
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 12:02:02 PM »
GS and Dallas are neck and neck. GS NEEDS to beat them if they are going to grab that playoff spot.  Only way they make the playoffs is if Dallas gets buried by them in that game.  Then of course I will be needing philllyarena props for calling it  :D

Denver has to split and hope that Dallas gets smacked up this next week to have their playoff chances stay alive as well.  I actually think Denver and PHX match up well.

Why is it a 'break' for the Lakers?  Did Sternfish change the match ups this week just to favor the Lakers?  Maybe I missed the official change.  Please give me a link.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 12:23:32 PM »

Dang, thought this was going to be a good thread about the wild wild West race.  Guess not.   ::)
nope probaly not from your point of view, sorry.  No made up or rigged stuff this week.  Oh wait, maybe there will be another win resulting from a hug that is not a hug since it will be done at a 110 degree ballroom dancing angle.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 12:41:25 PM »

nope probaly not from your point of view, sorry.  No made up or rigged stuff this week.  Oh wait, maybe there will be another win resulting from a hug that is not a hug since it will be done at a 110 degree ballroom dancing angle.

Dang, thought this was going to be a good thread about the wild wild West race.  Guess not.  ::)
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 12:42:25 PM »
^^ Then again, why ever give up hope on shenanigans happening with the Marketers?
WooHoo!

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 12:51:53 PM »

You should have known that Reality just can't make a post about basketball -- it has to be about smacking down the Lakers.  He doesn't know how to discuss anything else NBA related!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 12:51:57 PM »
GS and Dallas are neck and neck. GS NEEDS to beat them if they are going to grab that playoff spot.  Only way they make the playoffs is if Dallas gets buried by them in that game. 
Denver, Dallas and Golden State all have a remaining schedule of about equal combo of easy/difficult games.
I would not call this a MUST game for Golden or Dallas, but obviously head to head yes it's big.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 12:58:28 PM »
^^ Then again, why ever give up hope on shenanigans happening with the Marketers?
WooHoo!

"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008, 01:02:04 PM »
GS and Dallas are neck and neck. GS NEEDS to beat them if they are going to grab that playoff spot.  Only way they make the playoffs is if Dallas gets buried by them in that game. 
Denver, Dallas and Golden State all have a remaining schedule of about equal combo of easy/difficult games.
I would not call this a MUST game for Golden or Dallas, but obviously head to head yes it's big.

If GS wants to put some distance between itself and Dallas they need that game.  Right now they are no longer in the playoff picture because Dallas has the 8th spot and Denver has the 7th.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 01:12:10 PM »
If GS wants to put some distance between itself and Dallas they need that game.  Right now they are no longer in the playoff picture because Dallas has the 8th spot and Denver has the 7th.

All three have the same record but both Dallas and Denver hold the head to head tie breaker.  GS needs to beat both those teams to even out the head to head record.  Either that or they have to end up with a better overall record when all is said and done.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2008, 05:13:11 PM »
westkoast
If GS wants to put some distance between itself and Dallas they need that game.

Agree.  However that is not the same as MUST win of which making the playoffs hinges on.
westkoast
GS and Dallas are neck and neck. GS NEEDS to beat them if they are going to grab that playoff spot.

If Dork stays out, Kidd and company may not beat a +500 team the rest of the way, and they have about 4-5 games with +500 teams.  They were 0-7 with Dirk!

*Tiebreaker points by out-of-the-Laker-House-and-seeing-clearly WoW duly noted.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 05:24:06 PM by Reality »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2008, 11:41:22 PM »
Denver vs Phx twice.
I think they will split, but if either team sweeps it puts a hurtin on the other teams seeding status.  (Or if Phx sweeps Denver, it puts Denvers playoff spot at odds, but i think Denver needn't worry too much as Dallas seems like its going to fold without Dirk).
So indeed they split, but then Dallas has the huge comeback vs Phx tonight.

New Orl @ Orlando.  I think Orlando is gonna step up at home.  Might not win but they will play New Orl very tough imo.  Stepped up but not enough.

Golden State at Dallas.  Chance for Golden to bury Dallas as surely Dallas loses at the Lakers the following night.  Oh wait, Gasol may not be back or even near 100% yet.  Maybe Dallas continues breathing even if they lose to Golden.  My advice to Golden is to treat this like an elimination game.
Which Golden did, but they treated it like they are the ones wanting to be eliminated

San Antonio @ Utah.  This may be the break you Flamers and other West Conf #1 seed chasers are hoping for.  There was you break Flamers.  Along with Dallas rolling over and dying in the last two minutes.

Sunday: 
Golden @ New Orl
Dallas @ Phx

Should be sayonara for either Golden or Dallas
Did anyone see Dallas' comeback 27-9 4th qtr vs Phoenix?