Author Topic: Proof the Lakers will always be better than the Blazers!  (Read 1107 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Proof the Lakers will always be better than the Blazers!
« on: March 27, 2008, 09:08:51 AM »
After the Lakers lose a game we can always be consoled, can Blazer fans say the same?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23819012/

Uno thrills beagle fans at Knott's

The Orange County Register
updated 13 minutes ago

BUENA PARK: Two of the world's most famous beagles met at Knott's Berry Farm on Wednesday
Snoopy, of course, and this year's winner of the Westminster Kennel Club dog show, Uno.

Hundreds of parents lined up with toddlers and strollers so their tots could get a shot with the celebrity pooches.

Uno, two-and-a-half, was mostly calm, thanks to the breakfast sausage nibbles provided by David Frei, co-host of the Westminster Kennel Club and dog show. At times though, he seemed to need a little extra encouragement to hold still for the camera.

"Poor thing, I hope he gets a vacation soon," said Veronica Covarrubias, 24, of Rowland Heights. She brought her daughter Liliana, 5, to Knott's.

Like Liliana, most children delighted in nuzzling the pooch, the first beagle to win in the competition's 132-year history.

Uno is on a national tour with Frei and his handler, Aaron Wilkerson, who has worked with the beagle since the dog was six months old.

Wilkerson said Uno loves the attention he gets from making appearances.

"The important thing is he's brought so many smiles to people's faces," Wilkerson said as they shared an ice cream.

Most of the kids who visited with Uno and Snoopy did not know who the live beagle was, but plenty of Knott's employees were excited to get in line and have some one-on-one time with the boisterous pooch.

"We're huge beagle fans," said Cathy Harman, 51, whose husband works at the amusement park. Harman, whose own two beagles, Max and Whitney, have passed away, still has a pint-sized portrait of the dogs on her keychain.

"I'm actually quite pleased that we got to meet him and actually touch him, rather than just looking at him from afar," Harman said.

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Proof the Lakers will always be better than the Blazers!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 09:22:57 AM »
Is the Ziggy/WOW e-beef going to reach the level of the WK/JoMal e-beef today?

This is a double jab to Ziggy's head if you ask me!
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 11:33:15 AM »
MORE dog show stuff?   ::)

You are so FUH-LAMING.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 04:15:54 PM »
As to how the worlds most popular dog relates to the Blazers I have but not a clue.  Are you going Reality on me???  As far the title of the post, I will do my best to quote some of my Mexican friends (excuse by poor syntax, Jomal, it has been a long time since HS Spanish) . 

That may be true WOW, but you will still have the verga of a muchachito :o  ;D.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 05:39:09 PM »
As to how the worlds most popular dog relates to the Blazers I have but not a clue.  Are you going Reality on me???  As far the title of the post, I will do my best to quote some of my Mexican friends (excuse by poor syntax, Jomal, it has been a long time since HS Spanish) . 

That was pretty good, haven't heard that before.  Actually, size jokes are pretty rare around here cause the comebacks are BRUTAL.

Just giving you grief that WE get the 2nd most famous begal to come play in OUR back yard!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 07:38:25 PM »

That was pretty good, haven't heard that before.  Actually, size jokes are pretty rare around here cause the comebacks are BRUTAL.

Just giving you grief that WE get the 2nd most famous begal to come play in OUR back yard!

"...the verga of a muchachito" and "the 2nd most famous...um....begal" referenced in the same post.

My days are numbered.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."