Author Topic: "It's not basketball"  (Read 11802 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: "It's not basketball"
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 12:08:20 PM »
Yes, go find the video.  Not like it matters.  Even if Derek Fisher had no arms you would stick to your guns or hide.  Maybe come up with a theory that David Stern made a call from DC down to the refs at the end of the game to make sure the Lakers won.  That or the ghost of Wilt Chamberlain flew in to help the Flakers.

My fantasy BACKUP PG Tony has not been doing too well since his return from injury.  Word on the street is TP's balls are in a jar on Eva's headboard so he's got ZERO sack to drive the lane.

Have you noticed the bald spot on GKnob is growing, looks like Sternfish needs to get to work with ABC, ESPN and the local Spurs affiliate to get the new HD Soft Focus Lenses on their camera's ASAP!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2008, 12:13:13 PM »
Hugging, Bear hug.  Sounds like the same crap to me.
Excellent.  So the foundation is laid to view the video.

Yes, go find the video.  Not like it matters.  Even if Derek Fisher had no arms you would stick to your guns or hide.  Maybe come up with a theory that David Stern made a call from DC down to the refs at the end of the game to make sure the Lakers won.  That or the ghost of Wilt Chamberlain flew in to help the Flakers.
Premptive backpedaling.  New lows. :D

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2008, 12:31:59 PM »

You are going to look awfully stupid ...........

Kettle/ Black
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2008, 12:36:51 PM »

Kettle/ Black

I hurt you so bad in the other thread you are following me around now?  Way to show how mature you are JoMaL  :D

Either add to this thread or take your bitter self back to the Kings bandwagon thread.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2008, 12:41:34 PM »

Kettle/ Black

I hurt you so bad in the other thread you are following me around now?  Way to show how mature you are JoMaL  :D

Either add to this thread or take your bitter self back to the Kings bandwagon thread.

Add to this thread? It is a thread about stupidity and I yield to the experts on this "bored" for that. WOW, you really should know better.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2008, 12:44:36 PM »

Kettle/ Black

Add to this thread? It is a thread about stupidity and I yield to the experts on this "bored" for that. WOW, you really should know better.

Again with the maturity.  Falling back on the 'you guys are all stupid heads' defense lol

You know exactly what the thread is about.  Either you saw the game or didn't.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2008, 12:55:10 PM »

Go away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2008, 01:06:05 PM »

Go away.

Why the hostility toward a fellow bandwagon fan?  No doubt Lord Sterfish is burning up the phone lines!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2008, 11:34:57 PM »
http://www.lakersmedia.com/?p=77

Not the views i had in mind but it's a start.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2008, 11:43:23 PM »
http://www.lakersmedia.com/?p=77

Not the views i had in mind but it's a start.

The quality of those video's as terrific.  I wish all internet videos were of that quality.  FYI: that video does not help your case, it looks like Ellis just bulled over Fish.  I have it on HD DVR and it was an offensive foul and after being knocked down Fish grabbed Ellis.  That should have been a no call but if you are going to call anything an offensive call was the way to go, Ellis was pushing and shoving from the start.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2008, 09:08:22 AM »
LOL @ not the views I had in mind.  Why?  Because it doesn't show this hug and fall to the ground you claimed?  Looks like the foundation has been laid for a retreat from Reality.  Expected of course.

WOW is right.  It should have been a no call but since a number of players hit the deck I guess the refs felt they had to call something.

As for your lame comment about Fisher faking his injury to get the foul.  The whistle had already been blown before you see a 200 pound basketball player sit on his knee  ::)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2008, 09:24:29 AM »
It doesn't show the hug or fall to the ground?  :D

Great.  Describe to me what Fishers left hand and arm does on the play.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2008, 09:34:29 AM »
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 09:37:56 AM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2008, 09:43:19 AM »
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6475629362123624752&q=Derek+Fisher+Monta+Ellis&total=4&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

The 9:16 mark.
It has the circle drawn around it for you two weasles.
True ownage.

That's not ownage you know why?  Because just like I said, Fisher got tripped by Baron Davis' foot and fell backwards.  WATCH IT AGAIN AND YOU WILL SEE TRUE FIRST PAGE OWNAGE LIKE I SAID YESTERDAY  On top of that, since when was that a hug and fall to the ground in one motion?  Looks to me like he was 120 degrees with Monta's shoulder/arms in his chest before he put his hand on his shoulder.  LOLOL @ making it sound like he hugged him and just fell to the floor like a tackle.

Your stupidity knows no limit.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 09:46:10 AM by westkoast »

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2008, 09:49:08 AM »
Pretty weak call IMO. Especially at that point in the game. It's either no call, or a double foul. I would say Fisher definitely went down easy and helped Ellis come with him with the left hand on the shoulder. Typical smart Fisher play / flop. I loved it when he did last year. It is annoying when he does it to your team, though. And since Reality's team is anyone playing the Lakers, I understand his frustration.

The real bear hug was shared between Baron and Kobe at the near end of the picket fence.

Anyway, the close up replay does show Fisher pulling Ellis down. How much force was actually applied? I don't know.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 09:51:08 AM by Ted »
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton