Author Topic: Will the Celtics stop the Rockets streak?  (Read 2124 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Will the Celtics stop the Rockets streak?
« on: March 18, 2008, 03:59:03 PM »
I say yes.  Houston deserves all the credit in the world for their streak, particularly continuing it after Yao went down.  The Rockets are for real; they are winning with defense, and that defensive intensity even picked up after Yao.

The Celtics are a great defensive team as well, which is why I think they are the top team in the NBA.  With KG and Pierce their practically unstoppable, with R. Allen (not tonight) they are unstoppable.

Both teams are exceptionally hot, Houston just hasn't lost, and the Celtics lose once in every 10 games.

I think Boston has the edge up front, with Perkins and KG and that is what will make the difference.  Houston has been beating teams on the boards throughout it's streak, but few of those teams had a front line like Boston's.

It will be a close game, IMO, with the Celtics closing them out at the end. 

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Will the Celtics stop the Rockets streak?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 04:27:26 PM »
Too bad it's on the back end of a back to back for the Celtics.  If the Celtics win it will be super props time but if they loose it will slightly tainted.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 04:48:43 PM »
After how horrible they looked against Chris Paul and them ?!  I dunno.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 06:51:24 PM »
Too bad it's on the back end of a back to back for the Celtics.  If the Celtics win it will be super props time but if they loose it will slightly tainted.

You do NOT win 22 in a row and have to explain the 23rd as being "slightly tainted" under any circumstances.   ::)
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 09:23:47 PM »
The Rockets have been VERY lucky in their stretch -- even Adelmann made a comment to this end -- because of key injuries in games against top teams during their winning streak.  However, the bottom line is that they have won -- and they have won in spite of their own injuries.  It deserves props no matter what!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 10:07:10 PM »

You do NOT win 22 in a row and have to explain the 23rd as being "slightly tainted" under any circumstances.   ::)

As a fan of basketball when it comes to a game like this I would prefer to see both teams at full strength with the same amount of rest.  That's all I'm saying.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 10:21:34 PM »
but if they loose it will slightly tainted.

Was that intentional?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 05:37:16 AM »
When Celtic shooter is taking a shot, the timing of other Celts to position for rebounds be it crash the boards or simply box out/establish a spot is excellent.

Adlemans comments afterwords were well chosen.  I thought his demeanor was also excellent.
Complimented the Celts and kept streak in perspective, saying what's important now is how the Rockets respond to the loss.  Mentioned how they face New Orleans in about 24 hours, thus need to get ready.

Same thing i heard Johny Stockon say in an interview that helped add to his longevity.  He did not celebrate too long or get bummed out too long over a win or loss as the next game came rolling around very soon.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 09:05:46 AM »
but if they loose it will slightly tainted.

Was that intentional?

LOL! No.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 09:28:15 AM »
A great win by the Celtics.  Only Dallas left as they try to go through Texas undefeated.

The game wasn't even close, was it?  Boston's defense put too much pressure on Houston.  You need a disciplined attack to stay with Boston.  Utah is an example of a team that has a shot.  The Spurs used to be that way, but they're subs aren't getting it done anymore.

Boston outrebounds other teams and has an unstoppable offense. That's a very difficult combination to beat.

Clearly the class of the league. 

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 09:49:35 AM »
A great win by the Celtics.  Only Dallas left as they try to go through Texas undefeated.

The game wasn't even close, was it?  Boston's defense put too much pressure on Houston.  You need a disciplined attack to stay with Boston.  Utah is an example of a team that has a shot.  The Spurs used to be that way, but they're subs aren't getting it done anymore.

Boston outrebounds other teams and has an unstoppable offense. That's a very difficult combination to beat.

Clearly the class of the league. 

If I had to bet on a series between the Celtics and Spurs I would put my money on the Spurs.  The Celtics are not battle tested in the playoffs.  KG has been through some tough ones, Pierce has some experience but the rest of the Celts don't jump out at me.  Doc will get out coached.  The Celts are going to have to rely for the most part on their talent.  KG is probably enough to pull the Celtics through.

IMO the Celts will have alot of trouble with the Pistons.  They are a better balanced team, more talent at more positions and Wallace is no slouch when matched up with KG, and since KG is the difference maker he will not be enough to tilt the scales in the favor of the Celts by himself.  IMO the Celts toughest test will be in the East.  IMO the Lakers have the same problem as the Celts, when healthy the out-talent everyone else but their experience is lacking, the plus is they have the best coaching staff in the game today.  The Jazz are very Piston-like and the Suns, Mavs and Rockets will probably not get it done.  NO and GS should not get past the second round.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 11:13:05 AM »
What's up with Rocket fans leaving early?  I'm sorry but if your team just rattled off 22 wins in a row, I don't care if they are down 50 you stay to the end and give them a standing ovation.  Pathetic.  The Rockets deserve better. 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2008, 11:37:51 AM »
What's up with Rocket fans leaving early?  I'm sorry but if your team just rattled off 22 wins in a row, I don't care if they are down 50 you stay to the end and give them a standing ovation.  Pathetic.  The Rockets deserve better. 

Wow that's just down right pathetic.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com