Author Topic: Proof of Stooge Jacksons bogus call on Bowen  (Read 2060 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Proof of Stooge Jacksons bogus call on Bowen
« on: March 15, 2008, 12:55:47 AM »
Chris Paul clearly purposely nutt jobbing Bruce Bowen.
And being rewarded for it.

Skip the fast motion part, watch the slow motion part 45-47 second mark.  See Pauls right hand?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZNwSC_6H90

Word is Stooge Jackson refused to view all angles.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 12:59:50 AM by Reality »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Proof of Stooge Jacksons bogus call on Bowen
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 02:08:53 AM »
Chris Paul clearly purposely nutt jobbing Bruce Bowen.
And being rewarded for it.

Skip the fast motion part, watch the slow motion part 45-47 second mark.  See Pauls right hand?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZNwSC_6H90

Word is Stooge Jackson refused to view all angles.

Now that I see it in a much clearer format and in slow mo, Bowen actually didn't do anything all that bad.  You are kidding yourself if you think Chris Paul did anything, he was trying to hold onto the ball and Bowen actually pulled Pauls arms up causing the nut shot.  Amazed Tony didn't get called for the fist foul on Paul and Bowen didn't get called for the two fouls he commited on Paul.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 11:57:05 AM »
Interesting clash of track records here.  Bowen with his many induced ankle sprains and going Bruce Lee on Wally vs Paul, who sack punched a guy in college.  I genuinely pity the refs in that one.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 12:44:55 PM »
Interesting clash of track records here.  Bowen with his many induced ankle sprains and going Bruce Lee on Wally vs Paul, who sack punched a guy in college.  I genuinely pity the refs in that one.

jn, I'm quite surprised at you -- you failed to mention kneeing groins in your Bowen list.  Saying Bowen isn't dirty is like saying Miami is the best team in the league!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 02:30:02 PM »
  You are kidding yourself if you think Chris Paul did anything, he was trying to hold onto the ball and Bowen actually pulled Pauls arms up causing the nut shot. 
"Warehouse"

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 03:01:41 PM »
Thats ludicrous!

What the heck was Bowen doing, it looked like he was about to start ground and pounding Paul MMA syle.  Straddling the poor kid after a take down.  I'm glad you posted the video, Reality.  There was a loose ball, Tony and Paul dove -- Paul got their first.  Parker (a normal human being) let it go.  Bowen straddles Paul and reaches for the ball.  Even though Paul clearly had inside track on possession.  Paul was reaching for the ball but Bowen lowered his nuts as he straddled the kid while he was going for the ball.  BOWEN FOULED PAUL WITH HIS TESTICLES!! 

Seriously, I like players playing hard, but Bowen takes it to a comical (and sometimes dangerous) extreme sometimes.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 03:21:23 PM »
I'm glad you posted the video, Reality.  There was a loose ball, Tony and Paul dove -- Paul got their first.  Parker (a normal human being) let it go.  Bowen straddles Paul and reaches for the ball.  Even though Paul clearly had inside track on possession.  Paul was reaching for the ball but Bowen lowered his nuts as he straddled the kid while he was going for the ball.  BOWEN FOULED PAUL WITH HIS TESTICLES!!

BOWEN FOULED PAUL WITH HIS TESTICLES!! 
I love it!

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 03:54:30 PM »
Thats ludicrous!

What the heck was Bowen doing, it looked like he was about to start ground and pounding Paul MMA syle.  Straddling the poor kid after a take down.  I'm glad you posted the video, Reality.  There was a loose ball, Tony and Paul dove -- Paul got their first.  Parker (a normal human being) let it go.  Bowen straddles Paul and reaches for the ball.  Even though Paul clearly had inside track on possession.  Paul was reaching for the ball but Bowen lowered his nuts as he straddled the kid while he was going for the ball.  BOWEN FOULED PAUL WITH HIS TESTICLES!! 

Seriously, I like players playing hard, but Bowen takes it to a comical (and sometimes dangerous) extreme sometimes.

Skander, sometimes I worry about your perspective on things -- I don't know how a sane man comes up this: 
BOWEN FOULED PAUL WITH HIS TESTICLES!! 

With quotes like this, you could do wonders as an aide to either Obama or Clinton! 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 05:11:30 PM »
Why would a person expect Bruce Bowen to get the benefit of the doubt if they won't give Chris Paul the benefit of the doubt in regards to him doing it on purpose.

http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2008, 05:31:35 PM »
  You are kidding yourself if you think Chris Paul did anything, he was trying to hold onto the ball and Bowen actually pulled Pauls arms up causing the nut shot. 
"Warehouse"

Are you kidding?  Do you REALLY think Paul did something wrong?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2008, 05:35:22 PM »
For crying out loud. Chris Paul was called for a foul on the play and it went over to the Spurs! But after the foul call and after Paul examined Bowen's family jewels, Bowen gave Paul a knee that knocked Chris back onto his back, as Bruce held his hands high to show he was innocent of anything. So Paul was hardly rewarded for anything, Bowen was, and got in a nice knee to the chin with the bargain.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 05:30:11 AM »
^^ so why was Bowen suspended 1 game Paul not?
suspension >>>> one foul call on Paul.

Hence, Paul was rewarded.

I kind of like these arrows <<<<

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2008, 09:03:30 AM »

I looked at a couple of slow mo replays and neither guy seemed to do much to warrant a penalty, I don't have an HD copy so it does get blurry.  In the case of Bown it looked alot worse than what really happened, IMO Bowen missed his target.  I don't get why people are complaining about Bowens tactics about going after Paul, typically on a lose ball the person on the floor can be mauled.  Players typically throw themselves on top of the player on the ground and there is rarely a foul called.  Paul had his hands on the ball almost the entire time and when he gave Bowen a nut shot he still had the ball and Bowen was yanking on his arms and pulled Pauls arms up.

Bowen's dirty rep just caught up to him in this case.  The only guys I've seen who has had more dirty plays is Rodman.  The Bowen flying kick on Wally and the stepping on Amare's heel stuff is so dirty and bush league,
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2008, 11:52:22 AM »

Because the foul came first and Bowen used his knee after the play was over, at least in the minds of the League. Appearances count for something here. Bowen looked like he gave Paul a knee while Chris was still down on the court. It was not that hard of a call and I do not see why it is such a big deal. I have seen players, like Artest, get suspended a game for doing nothing more then grabbing an opponent so he would not get a break away dunk. This was much easier to call then most.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2008, 12:00:26 PM »
Because the foul came first and Bowen used his knee after the play was over, at least in the minds of the League.
Deliver nutt shot during play, only get foul call.
Do knee that mostly misses after play in response to nutt shot, while being named Bowen or Artest, 1 game suspension.

Bowens rep is obviously the issue here.  Ironic that when he gets cheapshotted it goes under the rug.
Chris Pauls season also has him as somewhat the Golden Boy this year, (whoa, we all know who the #1 Golden Boy still is), but yeah, this ruling was all about appearances.

The big deal is it cost the Spurs Bowen a game.