Author Topic: Kobe second to Artest in a key NBA category...  (Read 8210 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: Kobe second to Artest in a key NBA category...
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2008, 11:29:59 AM »
I am not buying the Lakers fans snuck in cause Arco arena doesn't sell out anymore, they sucked big time last year and I didn't see the Laker/Kobe love at all.  This year the combo of the Kings sucking and the Lakers kicking butt has caused alot of bandwagon jumping, clear as day if you ask me.

About the same as clear as mud from what I have heard of SoCal days.

lol -- I would think that you, of all people, would understand bandwagon fans and how fast they can jump on a bandwagon.  People jumped on the Spurs when MJ rode off into the sunset -- then they jumped to the Lakers during the days of Shaq and Kobe (well, a lot of them anyway).  Anyone who thinks that SacTown has fans that don't jump when things are good and don't jump off (and join another team) when things are bad is just not being realistic.  I don't think diehard fans would EVER change -- but I think there has been much to turn off SacTown fans (i.e. their play, the infighting, Ron-Ron's problems, the arena issues, etc.) and there were some fans who just changed allegiance.  I really can't see why you find that hard to believe.  Wait until TD rides off into the sunset in a year or two -- you will see some Spurs fans (i.e. those who are "loyal" only when the team is competitive) change jerseys quickly.

Your are right, Randy. You have convinced me. I am officially dropping my allegiance to the Kings as of the moment I read your post. I, along with my fellow ex-King, Sacramento loyalists, will now officially be bandwagon fans for....let's see.....could it be....THE LAKERS???? :barf  :P :o oh....oh....my intestines feel like they are in knots...palms sweaty....am I having a baby? uh....uh.....

Let's change that to the Houston Rockets.....um ....Adelman coach.....Bobby Jackson on the bench....Tracy McGrady....Yao Ming, if he ever, you know, stayed healthy.

YES!!!!!!!!! 17 in a row and catching up.

We are now officially going to all be fans of the Houston Rockets here in SacTown.

GO MISSILES!!!!!
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2008, 11:36:18 AM »
I am not buying the Lakers fans snuck in cause Arco arena doesn't sell out anymore, they sucked big time last year and I didn't see the Laker/Kobe love at all.  This year the combo of the Kings sucking and the Lakers kicking butt has caused alot of bandwagon jumping, clear as day if you ask me.

About the same as clear as mud from what I have heard of SoCal days.

lol -- I would think that you, of all people, would understand bandwagon fans and how fast they can jump on a bandwagon.  People jumped on the Spurs when MJ rode off into the sunset -- then they jumped to the Lakers during the days of Shaq and Kobe (well, a lot of them anyway).  Anyone who thinks that SacTown has fans that don't jump when things are good and don't jump off (and join another team) when things are bad is just not being realistic.  I don't think diehard fans would EVER change -- but I think there has been much to turn off SacTown fans (i.e. their play, the infighting, Ron-Ron's problems, the arena issues, etc.) and there were some fans who just changed allegiance.  I really can't see why you find that hard to believe.  Wait until TD rides off into the sunset in a year or two -- you will see some Spurs fans (i.e. those who are "loyal" only when the team is competitive) change jerseys quickly.

Your are right, Randy. You have convinced me. I am officially dropping my allegiance to the Kings as of the moment I read your post. I, along with my fellow ex-King, Sacramento loyalists, will now officially be bandwagon fans for....let's see.....could it be....THE LAKERS???? :barf  :P :o oh....oh....my intestines feel like they are in knots...palms sweaty....am I having a baby? uh....uh.....

Let's change that to the Houston Rockets.....um ....Adelman coach.....Bobby Jackson on the bench....Tracy McGrady....Yao Ming, if he ever, you know, stayed healthy.

We are now officially going to all be fans of the Houston Rockets here in SacTown.

GO MISSILES!!!!!

JoMal...move over.  There has to be more room on the Rockets bandwagon.  I can see the darkness ahead and want to get off the Spurs bandwagon before it crahes and burns.  Why wait 2 years for Duncan's legs and arms to fall off...now is the time to make the move!

Go Rafer!  Go Landry!  Rockets all the way!
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2008, 11:51:35 AM »

GO MISSILES!!!!!

JoMal...move over.  There has to be more room on the Rockets bandwagon.  I can see the darkness ahead and want to get off the Spurs bandwagon before it crahes and burns.  Why wait 2 years for Duncan's legs and arms to fall off...now is the time to make the move!

Go Rafer!  Go Landry!  Rockets all the way!

We need more bandwagonners, Lurk....

Rick, dabods...give up on mediocrity and make the quantum leap to the SkyRocketeers!!!! Always room in the hay on THIS wagon.

Joe, Ted, Skandery.....Drop that allegiance to the Dead Jezz and take off for the moon on the good ship Appollo Creed!
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2008, 01:09:50 PM »
We are getting closer now JoMal -- why don't you admit you were chanting "MVP, MVP" over at Arco the other night.

And Lurker, I'm quite surprised at you, I didn't think you'd jump off the bandwagon until TD retired -- you realize you are jumping off the bandwagon before Reality?  :o

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2008, 02:04:27 PM »
We are getting closer now JoMal -- why don't you admit you were chanting "MVP, MVP" over at Arco the other night.

And Lurker, I'm quite surprised at you, I didn't think you'd jump off the bandwagon until TD retired -- you realize you are jumping off the bandwagon before Reality?  :o

Well, Randy, how could I doubt someone as well read as you are?  Timmy only has a couple years left as he has quickly faded once he hit 30.  Why wait for him to embarass himself, the franchise and in turn all us bandwagon type fans.

I sure hope Kobe makes it to 31 before you write his eulogy.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2008, 02:14:15 PM »

Well, Randy, how could I doubt someone as well read as you are?  Timmy only has a couple years left as he has quickly faded once he hit 30.  Why wait for him to embarass himself, the franchise and in turn all us bandwagon type fans.

I didn't write TD's eulogy -- it just pains me to see the way he struggles to make it down the court night in and night out.  Maybe they got his birth certificate wrong -- it's the only way to explain why he looks 6 or 7 years older on the court than he really is.  But you never know -- perhaps TD and Parker can both get hurt so the Spurs can tank the season so they can get lucky in the lottery again.  That way TD could play past his prime for another 4 or 5 years by not having to be "the man" -- you know, the same way that DRob did.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2008, 02:24:48 PM »

I didn't write TD's eulogy -- it just pains me to see the way he struggles to make it down the court night in and night out.  Maybe they got his birth certificate wrong -- it's the only way to explain why he looks 6 or 7 years older on the court than he really is.  But you never know -- perhaps TD and Parker can both get hurt so the Spurs can tank the season so they can get lucky in the lottery again.  That way TD could play past his prime for another 4 or 5 years by not having to be "the man" -- you know, the same way that DRob did.

It pains me also to see Duncan average 20 pts on 50+% shooting and pulling down 11.6 boards while racking up the 5th most double doubles in the league.  And adding 2 blocks and 3 assts while playing less than 35 minutes a game shows that he just can't handle the rigors of the NBA any more.

Keep up the good work and soon everyone will believe you are as knowledgable about the NBA as BBallPro was.
-Moody Blues

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2008, 02:30:03 PM »

umbridge

LOL, you truly are a government employee JoMal. I think perhaps I take "umbrage" at your spelling ineptitude.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 04:23:32 PM by Laker Fan »
Dan

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2008, 04:14:41 PM »

umbridge

LOL, you truly are a government employee JoMal. I think perhaps I take "umbrage" at your spelling ineptitude.

...or how about the misuse of the quote feature here.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2008, 04:23:05 PM »
Sometimes I get it right, sometimes I don't, but at least I can spell umbrage.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 04:26:14 PM by Laker Fan »
Dan

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2008, 05:02:14 PM »
Sometimes I get it right, sometimes I don't, but at least I can spell umbrage.  ;D

Next, you can spell "Pe-dan-tic".

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2008, 05:15:17 PM »

I already know how to spell it thank you very much. You are correct in your assumption, I am admittedly obsessed with formality, rules, and details, especially when it comes to language, it is what separates us from Spurs and Sixers fans.

Quite frankly, I'm rather amazed you knew how to use the word (correctly, I might add) in a sentence, working for the state of Calimexifornia like you do.
Dan

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2008, 06:50:12 PM »
Only to further prove that you don't speak the gospel, even though you are old enough to have drank wine with Jesus...

Ron Artest was on the radio  (KSFM) today trashing Kings fans for chanting MVP saying things such as 'they should have been chanting I was the MVP'

Hmm..seems like someone who was AT THE GAME also seems to think not all of those people were mass migrated Laker fans who recently moved up there in the last 9 months.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2008, 06:58:59 PM »

I already know how to spell it thank you very much. You are correct in your assumption, I am admittedly obsessed with formality, rules, and details, especially when it comes to language, it is what separates us from Spurs and Sixers fans.

Quite frankly, I'm rather amazed you knew how to use the word (correctly, I might add) in a sentence, working for the state of Calimexifornia like you do.

i Take unbrige to that ramark.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2008, 07:00:46 PM »
Only to further prove that you don't speak the gospel, even though you are old enough to have drank wine with Jesus...

Ron Artest was on the radio  (KSFM) today trashing Kings fans for chanting MVP saying things such as 'they should have been chanting I was the MVP'

Hmm..seems like someone who was AT THE GAME also seems to think not all of those people were mass migrated Laker fans who recently moved up there in the last 9 months.

:D     :D      :D

Let me get this straight. You are actually using Ron Artest as your source?