Author Topic: Kobe second to Artest in a key NBA category...  (Read 8239 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: Kobe second to Artest in a key NBA category...
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2008, 05:41:44 PM »

I find it very hard to believe that thousands of Laker fans have been unable to get tickets for all these years.  Especially last year when Kobe was getting heavily boo'd.  I highly doubt theres been a huge exodus of Laker fans in 9 months since the last time they played.

JoMaL is just super upset that not only were the Lakers were getting cheers in Arco the person that might have slapped his wife, Kobe Bryant, was getting the most cheers.

But why is it so easy for the rest of us to believe you don't get it?

And you admitting that you don't read everything all the way through is the ultimate in "DUH!"
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2008, 05:57:52 PM »

I find it very hard to believe that thousands of Laker fans have been unable to get tickets for all these years.  Especially last year when Kobe was getting heavily boo'd.  I highly doubt theres been a huge exodus of Laker fans in 9 months since the last time they played.

JoMaL is just super upset that not only were the Lakers were getting cheers in Arco the person that might have slapped his wife, Kobe Bryant, was getting the most cheers.

But why is it so easy for the rest of us to believe you don't get it?

And you admitting that you don't read everything all the way through is the ultimate in "DUH!"

Its pretty simple to understand what you are saying.  However it sounds like a fairy tale and like you don't want to admit people have defected.  I know it just twists your stomach in a knot to think of ex-Kings fans jumping ship for a much better franchise but the fact of the matter is that magically thousands of Laker fans didn't just appear out of the wood work.  Last year attendance was down at Arco yet Kobe received an overwhelming amount of boos from the crowd.

It's not the ultimate in DUH more like just showing how boring your same old rehashed crying because the Lakers beat your team bs everyone has come to expect from you.  I read everyone elses posts all the way through.  Just not yours.  They always remind me of you having a biter beer face while typing.  If you didn't care so much and were not so biter you wouldn't have made the thread in the first place.  You are however.  Have fun when 2011 rolls around and you are still upset Kobe Bryant came into Arco and torched your team in the playoffs for 4 years.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2008, 06:03:43 PM »
JoMal, you do realize that the Lakers sell out more games on the road than any other team with the exception of Boston.  And it's hilarious for you if you believe that: 1) no SacTown fans have jumped ship (if that weren't the case, then the arena would continue to sell out with the diehard Kings fans that you talk about so much) and 2) no LA fans ever had season tickets or went to Kings games before.  When I was in Seattle, I started following the Sonics a bit and rooted for them when I went to games EXCEPT when the played the Lakers. 

It's funny to see you scrambling to defend Arco and it's fans against the dreaded pirate Kobe Bryant.  You should hunt up every fan who chanted MVP and say "my name is JoMal Montayo, you killed my arena, prepare to die."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2008, 06:05:33 PM »
JoMal, you do realize that the Lakers sell out more games on the road than any other team with the exception of Boston.  And it's hilarious for you if you believe that: 1) no SacTown fans have jumped ship (if that weren't the case, then the arena would continue to sell out with the diehard Kings fans that you talk about so much) and 2) no LA fans ever had season tickets or went to Kings games before.  When I was in Seattle, I started following the Sonics a bit and rooted for them when I went to games EXCEPT when the played the Lakers. 

It's funny to see you scrambling to defend Arco and it's fans against the dreaded pirate Kobe Bryant.  You should hunt up every fan who chanted MVP and say "my name is JoMal Montayo, you killed my arena, prepare to die."

This is exactly my point...why this is so hard to understand JoMaL, I dunno.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2008, 06:43:40 PM »

This is exactly my point...why this is so hard to understand JoMaL, I dunno.

Back to the point of this thread, since it really is obvious that both of you have no understanding at all about fan support outside the LA bubble.

What is it about Kobe that makes him such a weak advertising option? Those chants of MVP at Arco proves he has fans outside of Los Angeles. The sales of his jersey proves he has people everywhere willing to shell out tons of money for one. But there he sits, waiting by the phone for someone - anyone - to call and offer him a national gig of some sort of the kind that LeBron James, Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and others before him regularly get. 
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2008, 07:55:06 PM »

What is it about Kobe that makes him such a weak advertising option? Those chants of MVP at Arco proves he has fans outside of Los Angeles. The sales of his jersey proves he has people everywhere willing to shell out tons of money for one. But there he sits, waiting by the phone for someone - anyone - to call and offer him a national gig of some sort of the kind that LeBron James, Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and others before him regularly get. 

In America, white people don't like black men having sex with white women consensual or not.   

Take that and throw on top of it the Shaq/Kobe feud, Jackson's comments in his book, and Kobe's apparent inability to not come across as an aloof, arrogant, "bad" teammate during interviews and you've got your answer.  It's not rocket science.  However, he's selling a lot of jersey's and time heals all wounds.  Eventually he very well might bag another national gig and personally I think he's getting close.  If the Lakers can win another title this year and he continues to prop his cute daughters on his lap during post game interviews, he'll be there this summer.

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2008, 08:06:16 PM »
You couldn't convince JoMal of that -- when that happens to Kobe everything that JoMal has said about him will be proven wrong:

1.  Kobe will never lead the Lakers to another title.
2.  Kobe will never be a leader.
3.  Other players will never want to play with Kobe.
4.  There's never been a SacTown fan who has ever changed allegiance to the Lakers!   ::)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2008, 08:15:01 PM »
You couldn't convince JoMal of that -- when that happens to Kobe everything that JoMal has said about him will be proven wrong:

4.  There's never been a SacTown fan who has ever changed allegiance to the Lakers!   ::)

Don't be hatin' on Kobe, Randy. There are folks here abouts that seem to think just the opposite of everything you believe in the above post who might take umbridge to your warped way of viewing Kobe and accuse you of Laker negativity and that you really don't know anything about Los Angeles or the fans who live there.

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2008, 08:18:16 PM »

Don't be hatin' on Kobe, Randy. There are folks here abouts that seem to think just the opposite of everything you believe in the above post who might take umbridge to your warped way of viewing Kobe and accuse you of Laker negativity and that you really don't know anything about Los Angeles or the fans who live there.

Well, so much for reading comprehension 101.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2008, 08:31:59 PM »

Well, so much for reading comprehension 101.

Do ya think?!!!       ::)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2008, 08:46:50 PM »

In America, white people don't like black men having sex with white women consensual or not.   

Take that and throw on top of it the Shaq/Kobe feud, Jackson's comments in his book, and Kobe's apparent inability to not come across as an aloof, arrogant, "bad" teammate during interviews and you've got your answer.  It's not rocket science.  However, he's selling a lot of jersey's and time heals all wounds.  Eventually he very well might bag another national gig and personally I think he's getting close.  If the Lakers can win another title this year and he continues to prop his cute daughters on his lap during post game interviews, he'll be there this summer.

Not to mention if Team USA does well in the Olympics as he was clearly one of the 3 best players on that squad.

I don't believe Kobe is a saint but he seems to be popular among fans all over but especially in Sacramento as those were the loudest MVP chants he has got on the road just about ever.

And once again I'll state that the thread was done out of spite of seeing what all of us thought would be a sign of the apocalypse.   Now that all the Laker fans have moved into Sacramento I wonder if they will start playing more games on local TV up there for JoMaL so he can see Kobe as much as possible.  I mean they only would have 2 games a year to attend and chant MVP so there must be other places for them to go.  I think I might open up a store that sells Lakers items with the sudden mass interstate migration.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2008, 01:50:48 AM »
I am not buying the Lakers fans snuck in cause Arco arena doesn't sell out anymore, they sucked big time last year and I didn't see the Laker/Kobe love at all.  This year the combo of the Kings sucking and the Lakers kicking butt has caused alot of bandwagon jumping, clear as day if you ask me.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2008, 09:17:19 AM »
I am not buying the Lakers fans snuck in cause Arco arena doesn't sell out anymore, they sucked big time last year and I didn't see the Laker/Kobe love at all.  This year the combo of the Kings sucking and the Lakers kicking butt has caused alot of bandwagon jumping, clear as day if you ask me.

About the same as clear as mud from what I have heard of SoCal days.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2008, 09:25:07 AM »

About the same as clear as mud from what I have heard of SoCal days.

lol -- I would think that you, of all people, would understand bandwagon fans and how fast they can jump on a bandwagon.  People jumped on the Spurs when MJ rode off into the sunset -- then they jumped to the Lakers during the days of Shaq and Kobe (well, a lot of them anyway).  Anyone who thinks that SacTown has fans that don't jump when things are good and don't jump off (and join another team) when things are bad is just not being realistic.  I don't think diehard fans would EVER change -- but I think there has been much to turn off SacTown fans (i.e. their play, the infighting, Ron-Ron's problems, the arena issues, etc.) and there were some fans who just changed allegiance.  I really can't see why you find that hard to believe.  Wait until TD rides off into the sunset in a year or two -- you will see some Spurs fans (i.e. those who are "loyal" only when the team is competitive) change jerseys quickly.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2008, 11:15:57 AM »
Wait until TD rides off into the sunset in a year or two -- you will see some Spurs fans (i.e. those who are "loyal" only when the team is competitive) change jerseys quickly.
Sorry Randall.

Tim Dunkars future according to Pat Riley
http://forums.phillyarena.net/index.php?topic=4018.0
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/archives/2007/10/jeff_mcdonald_d_1.html
"Duncan reminds me a lot of Kareem," Riley, the Miami Heat coach, said after this morning's shootaround. "Kareem wasn't a physical center, he was a finesse center. And he played until he was 41 years old."

"I didn't start coaching Kareem until he was 32 years old," Riley said. "And he played nine more years after that. And he won four more championships after that."

Riley says he wouldn't be surprised if Duncan accomplished something similar, in terms of both success and longevity. Spurs fans can only hope he's right.