Author Topic: Kings showed a very good formula for beating the Lakers and Mavs  (Read 5736 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: Kings showed a very good formula for beating the Lakers and Mavs
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2008, 11:39:40 AM »
Originally it was mid-March. Then it was late March. Now, the time frame for Andrew Bynum's return is being called late March or early April, according to the Los Angeles Times. It's looking more and more like he'll be nothing more than a marginal contributor in the season's final weeks.

Is this the gist of the current timeframe for Bynum's return?

It comes from the Yahoo article about the status of injuries posted this past Monday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nba/news;_ylt=Ag4NxEx8bNLXsLsNYVZYmbhVrMoF?slug=mb-skinny030308
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2008, 01:13:31 PM »
The Lakers don't need Bynum for the regular season -- they need him for the playoffs.  That was my struggle with what WOW was saying -- I hadn't heard anything that said that Bynum would miss the playoffs -- from everything I hear, he is supposed to use the final two weeks to get back into game shape and practice with the Lakers (esp. with the addition of Gasol).  The Lakers without Bynum won't win a championship -- with him the Lakers aren't a lock but it will make for some great playoff games.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2008, 10:19:52 AM »
I'm not sure that I agree -- I would hate to see Bynum risk an injury now if he isn't healthy -- however, there is no point of having him take the rest of the year off just to be on the safe side if he is doing well now.

It's all about risk management, Bynum is so coveted by the Lakers that if he is not 110% ready they might err on the side of caution.

I have searched all over the web to find any kind of repeat of Mitch's comments -- I would think these comments would be HUGE news in LA -- that it would be repeated and plastered everywhere.  I just can't find anything.  The Lakers can't even wipe their nose without it making news and yet Mitch makes a huge comment like this and nobody else even reports it or talks about it?  Don't you think that's a little wierd, WOW?

Not really since the original "shut down for the season" comments didn't seem to make the news either.  Ask Reality for the tape of the Mitch interview since I know he secretly tapes every single Laker game then does the Demi Moore-Indicent Proposal shower-of-money-scene with the tapes on his bed after every Laker victory.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"