Author Topic: Fine and suspension  (Read 1810 times)

Stu Jackson

Fine and suspension
« on: March 30, 2004, 01:24:15 AM »
This is an official notification that the NBA is taking control of this board.  We are doing this because the focus and purpose is to discuss NBA basketball, which is a product we own, and we control all the rights to the dissemination of and transmission of said game.  Since this Internet board is being transmitted via phone lines, cable lines, or satellite, we can take ownership through Imminent Domain.
From now on all discussion must be approved by the NBA office, me specifically.  If you wish to discuss a topic, you must write a letter to me, and I will then reply with your approval to discuss.  Any letters addressed to Stooge Jackson will be immediately placed in the trash.
As my first act, in charge of this board, I am fining the poster known as ziggy $40,000, and will suspend him for 4 posting days for his transmission of a non-licensed NBA profanity.  We in the NBA will not tolerate such behavior on an NBA controlled and sanctioned NBA discussion board.
By second act will be to suspend the poster SF101 for 7 posting days for starting  non-NBA threads on this board.  This is an NBA board and we will not allow non-NBA licensed threads to take up space an on Official NBA discussion board.
I will also fine the poster named Ted $12,500 for also starting non-NBA threads.  I have chosen to give Ted and SF101 different penalties, because ......... I don't know ........ just because alright.
All posters who have been fined and suspended, can appeal their suspensions, and ask for a hearing with me in NYC, but they must pay the fine and serve the suspension before I will hear their appeal.
I will also fine and suspend DBodner.  He is the one who is the official of this board, and his judgement calls have been wrong, so he deserves punishment.  Since he is an official the specifics of his fine and suspension will be confidential, and if has a problem he can contact his union.
Finally I have decided to permanently expel Way Out West.  This is because his IQ is rumored to be only in double digits, and that doesn't fit with our marketing approach, of marketing our NBA licensed products to the highly educated.  He is of course free to contact the NHL and NASCAR to post on their officially sanctioned discussion boards.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Fine and suspension
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 01:30:46 AM »
Every fine I recieved I will  donated the same amount to an online charity of my choice.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Fine and suspension
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 09:23:00 AM »
"Thank you sir, can I have another..."

It sounds like Stu has taken a page from the George Bush adminstrations book "Governing for Dummies."
Paul

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Fine and suspension
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2004, 10:53:16 AM »
Finally I have decided to permanently expel Way Out West.  This is because his IQ is rumored to be only in double digits,
Actually you misread the memo.  My IQ is obviously double digits HIGHER than anyone else on this board.  I do not like to posting to myself as much as I used to so I tolerate the little tards on this board.

Also, please refrain from referring to me as Way Out West.  WayOutWest is ONE word, not three.  It is also a registered trade mark so if you use it you must pay a royalty of one testicle per incident.  You are down to one last usage so make it a good one.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jn

Fine and suspension
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2004, 11:04:13 AM »
The word "also" should never be followed by a comma.  

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Fine and suspension
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2004, 11:08:22 AM »
Oooohhhh!  The Grammar Police....watch out.

If this, like the smog you Lost Angelinos breathe, doesn't scare you also, then you are just to friggin' hopeless for us.  

:ph34r:  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Fine and suspension
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2004, 11:08:52 AM »
The word "also" should never be followed by a comma.
Are you a good speller also?  :P

"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jn

Fine and suspension
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2004, 11:11:01 AM »
Hey if he's going to rant about his IQ.. :)

Actually I've been WOW may need his own "special" board with a moderator who can better attend to his specific needs.  Maybe after a year or two we can think about mainstreaming him back onto the regular board.  :rolleyes:  

jn

Fine and suspension
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2004, 11:12:42 AM »
:lol:  :lol:  I'm an idiot.  Of all the words to leave out of that last post I forgot "thinking"!   <_<  

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Fine and suspension
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2004, 11:17:02 AM »
:lol:  :lol:  I'm an idiot.  Of all the words to leave out of that last post I forgot "thinking"!   <_<
 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

You beat me to it!  
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Guest_Randy

Fine and suspension
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2004, 01:12:25 PM »
This is an official notification that the NBA is taking control of this board.  We are doing this because the focus and purpose is to discuss NBA basketball, which is a product we own, and we control all the rights to the dissemination of and transmission of said game.  Since this Internet board is being transmitted via phone lines, cable lines, or satellite, we can take ownership through Imminent Domain.
From now on all discussion must be approved by the NBA office, me specifically.  If you wish to discuss a topic, you must write a letter to me, and I will then reply with your approval to discuss.  Any letters addressed to Stooge Jackson will be immediately placed in the trash.
As my first act, in charge of this board, I am fining the poster known as ziggy $40,000, and will suspend him for 4 posting days for his transmission of a non-licensed NBA profanity.  We in the NBA will not tolerate such behavior on an NBA controlled and sanctioned NBA discussion board.
By second act will be to suspend the poster SF101 for 7 posting days for starting  non-NBA threads on this board.  This is an NBA board and we will not allow non-NBA licensed threads to take up space an on Official NBA discussion board.
I will also fine the poster named Ted $12,500 for also starting non-NBA threads.  I have chosen to give Ted and SF101 different penalties, because ......... I don't know ........ just because alright.
All posters who have been fined and suspended, can appeal their suspensions, and ask for a hearing with me in NYC, but they must pay the fine and serve the suspension before I will hear their appeal.
I will also fine and suspend DBodner.  He is the one who is the official of this board, and his judgement calls have been wrong, so he deserves punishment.  Since he is an official the specifics of his fine and suspension will be confidential, and if has a problem he can contact his union.
c, of marketing our NBA licensed products to the highly educated.  He is of course free to contact the NHL and NASCAR to post on their officially sanctioned discussion boards.
Finally I have decided to permanently expel Way Out West.  This is because his IQ is rumored to be only in double digits, and that doesn't fit with our marketing approach

Come on, if you do that for WOW, then you have to do that for every Spurs fan on this board.   :lol:  

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Fine and suspension
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2004, 01:26:48 PM »
Come on, if you do that for WOW, then you have to do that for every Spurs fan on this board.   :lol:
Gee, so funny I forgot to laugh.  But typical of someone whose IQ might be triple digits but whose common sense approaches nil.   B)  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues