Author Topic: LeBron pulls off Kobe/Manu like feat.....  (Read 3173 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
LeBron pulls off Kobe/Manu like feat.....
« on: February 28, 2008, 05:39:29 PM »
From Yahoo Sports:

James returned from a first-half ankle injury to score 26 and become the youngest player in NBA history to reach the 10,000 points.....James reached the 10,000-point milestone at 23 years and 59 days, more than a year younger than Kobe Bryant was when he hit the milestone in 2003 (24 years, 193 days). It took James 368 games to do it?the ninth-fastest in league history......James hit the mark on a dunk that made it 63-54 with 4:54 left in the third quarter. On a side note, the thirty year, 214 day old SG for San Antonio, Manu Ginobili, has yet to score 6,000 points in a six year career, one year longer then James.

Not bad for a tier 1 player

Maybe some day Kobe and Manu can be like LeBron.....oops, my bad. That can't possibly happen now.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: LeBron pulls off Kobe/Manu like feat.....
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 05:47:56 PM »
HAHAHAH

I'll admit when you are on, you are really on.  Granted you've had MANY years to practice your craft but you do it well.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 07:07:53 PM »
From Yahoo Sports:

James returned from a first-half ankle injury to score 26 and become the youngest player in NBA history to reach the 10,000 points.....James reached the 10,000-point milestone at 23 years and 59 days, more than a year younger than Kobe Bryant was when he hit the milestone in 2003 (24 years, 193 days). It took James 368 games to do it?the ninth-fastest in league history......James hit the mark on a dunk that made it 63-54 with 4:54 left in the third quarter. On a side note, the thirty year, 214 day old SG for San Antonio, Manu Ginobili, has yet to score 6,000 points in a six year career, one year longer then James.

Maybe some day Kobe and Manu can be like LeBron.....oops, my bad. That can't possibly happen now.

At least Kobe doesn't run away like a little punk beeznotch when confronted by the Utah Jazz choir boys!  What kind of ultra wuss runs away from a white boy?

Wait, wait, wait.....when LeBron doesn't get swept out of the finals like some sackless mental queen, call ME!

OWNAGE!!!!!  :o
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 08:42:29 PM »
From Yahoo Sports:

At least Kobe doesn't run away like a little punk beeznotch when confronted by the Utah Jazz choir boys!  What kind of ultra wuss runs away from a white boy?

Wait, wait, wait.....when LeBron doesn't get swept out of the finals like some sackless mental queen, call ME!

WOW, if YOU want to own me, you will have to buy me a nice dinner and a box of chocolates first.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 11:12:41 PM »
From Yahoo Sports:

WOW, if YOU want to own me, you will have to buy me a nice dinner and a box of chocolates first.

Sees or Godiva?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 11:28:12 PM »
From Yahoo Sports:

Sees or Godiva?
I don't know but before you two get a room could you keep posting the entire quote to add one line?  Do it several more times.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 08:34:27 AM »
From Yahoo Sports:

So should I start a thread now about Kopbe scoring 81?

Or a thread about Manu scoring 30+ pts on 60+% shooting over 5 games?

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 09:43:58 AM »

Not if those numbers are the totals.  So was his average 6 pts on 12% shooting per game?  Speaking of averaging 6 points on 12% shooting...aka Avery....did he make a mistake not putting Kidd in on the final possesion last night?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 09:49:32 AM »
From Yahoo Sports:

So should I start a thread now about Kopbe scoring 81?

After going 6 for 20 and 1 - 7 from down town?  I don't think you should bother bringing it up ;)

And Avery Johnson is an idiot.  WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU NOT PUT KIDD IN THAT SITUATION?!?!  Jason Terry was thinking hero about 50 feet from the basket and didn't even bother to look for Stack (who just hit a game winner a few weeks ago) or anyone else for that matter.  Kidd would have made a much better decision.  On ESPN only 93% of the people agreed that Kidd should have been on the floor lol

Barkley said it best last night you don't trade 6 guys and 3 million in cash for a player to have him sit on the bench in a critical part of the game.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 09:55:37 AM by westkoast »

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2008, 10:29:27 AM »
The problem with the Dallas trade is that is didn't give them what they needed the most:  A go to guy at the end.  Whether Kidd was on the floor or not, he isn't that player, and neither is Dirk or Terry or Howard or Stackhouse.

In that regard at least, San Antonio and Cleveland and LA and Phoenix have go to players to take that last shot.

From the game it seemed pretty clear the teams were evenly matched, with neither able to put the other away.  But in crunch time, San Antonio was simply the better team- better commitment to defense, and more aggressive on offense. 

By the way Ginobli was a minus 11 for the game and missed several shots in crunch time, which gave Dallas the chance, but Manu was also the one to get the assists for Bowen's and Duncan's scores that won them the game.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2008, 11:22:50 AM »
Good game last night.  As for why Avery had JT in instead of JK, perhaps it was because of the BRICK Kidd put up before Avery pulled him towards the end of the 4th.  The thing is terry drove the ball on his first play in and THAT one bounced off the rim too.  I liked Dirk trying to pull a Manu all night, falling down on every touch, only thing it looked like a B-movie actor trying to play the part only an a-list star should have been roled for.  The funniest part was at the end of the game when he smacked his face into someone on his own team!   :o :D ;) ::)
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2008, 11:48:19 AM »
I liked Dirk trying to pull a Manu all night, falling down on every touch, only thing it looked like a B-movie actor trying to play the part only an a-list star should have been roled for.  The funniest part was at the end of the game when he smacked his face into someone on his own team!   :o :D ;) ::)

Did you guys see that play where Manu pulled Horry's jersey and yanked Horry and a Mavs defender into him for a foul?  Classic verteran move, I just had to laugh at the poor Mavs defender.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2008, 12:15:12 PM »
From Yahoo Sports:

Sees or Godiva?

The most EXPENSIVE, you cheap, beaner bastard!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2008, 12:17:57 PM »
From Yahoo Sports:

Sees or Godiva?

whoa dont be a racist you pruner

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2008, 01:14:29 PM »
From Yahoo Sports:

Sees or Godiva?

whoa dont be a racist you pruner

Jealous because you don't have a musical fruit to identify with, kumquat eater?