Author Topic: Anyone annoyed the way players are trying to get bought out to join a contender?  (Read 1146 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Players late in their careers are understandably wanting to join a championship contender this year since the title is up for grabs to serveral teams.  What bothers me is the fact that the players want to be bought out for certain amounts before they walk.  If you really want to leave for the sake of winning a ring, take whatever is offered and go, don't let money keep you from your dream!  Problem is their true dream is actually money, not a ring.

Cassel and Fatoine Walker are guys that really irk me in this regard.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Players late in their careers are understandably wanting to join a championship contender this year since the title is up for grabs to serveral teams.  What bothers me is the fact that the players want to be bought out for certain amounts before they walk.  If you really want to leave for the sake of winning a ring, take whatever is offered and go, don't let money keep you from your dream!  Problem is their true dream is actually money, not a ring.

Cassel and Fatoine Walker are guys that really irk me in this regard.

How many rings does Walker need from riding coat tails honestly?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Walker doesn't deserve anymore rings!

Really, these players want both the money and the ring.  Getting bought out is a little over the top, but if they can get it why not?  In some ways, the teams are responsible - if they put the right talent together and pay them so they can assemble all the components, they hold onto decent players.  If they can't do that, they should let the player go somewhere where he has a chance to get a ring.

Especially when they're at the end of the career's they should already have enough money that they shouldn't ask for that kind of a bonus.

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
It absolutely pisses me off.  There is some sort of sense of entitlement that has crept in.  I don't even approve of it for guys like Karl Malone and I am infuriated when someone like Walker tries to pull it off. 

Pro Hockey is reeeallly big on this.  It really got the seal of approval a few years back via Ray Bourque, one of the best defensemen ever to play the game and a class act.  He got traded from a hopeless Boston team after 22 years and after 3 monthis with Colorado, got a champioship.   Then the slippery slope started and there are always a ton of decent vets that go from crappy teams to contenders with the bad teams often getting little in return.  The NBA seems to be going that same route. 
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
It absolutely pisses me off.  There is some sort of sense of entitlement that has crept in. 

I feel the exact same way.  This pretty much sums up Fatoine Walker to a T.  He seems to think he is entitled to be on a contender cuz (in his mind) he has been one of the greatest players in the league since he was drafted.

Although I do have to say Sam Cassell pisses me off the most.  He wants to jump ship from the Clippers because they are not doing so well.  To me that is not respectable.  That doesn't even take into consideration HES 38 YEARS OLD.  JUST RETIRE.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com