Author Topic: Yao out for season.  (Read 1820 times)

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
Yao out for season.
« on: February 26, 2008, 01:46:02 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3265631

Short term, this is just brutal for the Rockets.   Long term this is another strike against the overall value of Yao.  His inability to stay healthy must be terribly aggravating for the organization and fans in Houston. 
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Yao out for season.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 01:48:18 PM »
Wow!  I was just gonna start a thread on their 16 of 17 with 12 gm win streak* and ask how we all thought they would do with Marchs tougher schedule and then playoffs.

*Lewie Scola inserted into starting lineup at the start of current 12 game streak.

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 01:49:34 PM »
That is just brutal.  Houston was really starting to scare me and looking like they had as good a chance as anyone coming out of the West.  TMAC finally looks to be healthy and has that spring in his step and now Yao goes down.  Poor Houston, neither one of these guys can stay healthy simultaneously.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 01:55:32 PM »
That is just brutal.  Houston was really starting to scare me and looking like they had as good a chance as anyone coming out of the West.  TMAC finally looks to be healthy and has that spring in his step and now Yao goes down.  Poor Houston, neither one of these guys can stay healthy simultaneously.

I agree msc.  The Rockets were quickly becoming more scary than Dallas & Phoenix in the west IMO.  I had heard the other night that they had gone something like 24-3 and had made up only 2 games in the conference.  Fans in Denver and Oakland should be celebrating as I would guess that the Rockets will become the team on the outside of the playoffs.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 02:04:17 PM »
Man that really sucks, the Rockets were definately the dark horse in the WC.  Aren't they the hottest team in the league right now?  With teams like the Lakers/Suns/Mavs/Spurs/Jazz you knew what you were going to get, but the Rockets were scary good and could have upset anyone the way they WERE playing.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 03:41:56 PM »
Terrible shame for Houston.  A big blow for the NBA too, since Yao's success would have gone over big in China.

Maybe this will help Golden State get back into the playoffs.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 04:12:55 PM »
:(

There goes my season.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 04:43:57 PM »
"Ya-Ouch!" that's gonna hurt the Rockets... ;D ::)

Thank you!

Don't forget to tip your waitress... 8)
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 04:47:20 PM »
"Ya-Ouch!" that's gonna hurt the Rockets... ;D ::)

Thank you!

Don't forget to tip your waitress... 8)

ta dum dum!

Please try the veal.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 06:06:33 PM »

That was my assessment exactly, about Houston's chances this year. Now, I don't think so.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2008, 08:24:19 PM »
That's tough for Houston -- of course, they got TMac knowing that he had problems with recurring injuries but Yao has had as many problems as TMac.  It's sad -- they were going to help make the playoffs in the West a LOT of fun to watch.  Here's hoping they can have a couple of years without the injury bug in the future.