Author Topic: Manu pulls off Shaq/Hakeem like feat...  (Read 7985 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Manu pulls off Shaq/Hakeem like feat...
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2008, 07:46:27 AM »
And even if it was just a EXTREMELY obvious bait job you bit hard & deep.  Hope you feel better when you wake up tomorrow. 

Figured it was a bait job early on or did you miss that post?

Seems like your true "reality" colors are shinning through as well, didn't know you were one to get the board going with baiting threads.  I will keep that in mind and keep it "real" with you.

Congrats.  So glad you feel like you accomplished something.  Just don't complain when someone dumps all over your thread as has been the pattern with most threads around here lately. 

Does this mean you are going to stop dropping "Suns playoff collusion" turds in every other thread?  Or is it only me that should stop trying to bait?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2008, 10:28:47 AM »
Does this mean you are going to stop dropping "Suns playoff collusion" turds in every other thread?  Or is it only me that should stop trying to bait?

Do you even notice where I drop those collusion lines?  I'm sure you do so welcome to the club, it's very exclusive only 3 members, Reality, Collusion 2008 (who registered but doesn't post) and you.  Like I said before, I can see where you are coming from, you are just keeping it "real".  I don't care that you bait, I just find it odd that you cry foul when you get the response you want.  Let the games begin!  :-*
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2008, 11:15:10 AM »
I don't care that you bait, I just find it odd that you cry foul when you get the response you want.  Let the games begin!  :-*

I haven't cried foul.  You are right I caught exactly what I was looking for when I threw out the line.  I was just surprised that my fishing rod didn't shatter from how hard you bit.  First you try to say Kobe plays defense and Manu doesn't.  Then you try to twist my words into saying that Manu was better than Kobe.  Then when I say your reaction would be different with other players you twist that into me dissing those players.

And the funniest part is when you claim to recognize it as bait but by then obviously the hook was so deep it tied your tongue into twisted knots.   :D
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2008, 11:25:42 AM »
Lurker,

I'm just curious on your take on this, when teams begin to work a defensive plan against the Spurs -- which Spur do you think is the first person the opposing team focuses on in their defensive strategy?  Which Spur is number 2 in the defensive planning?  Do you not think that opposing teams are more focused on stopping TD then Parker then Manu?  Personally, if I have to focus on two players -- I'd rather focus on TD and Parker -- I'd see if Manu can beat the team by himself. 

Also, it might bear pointing out Manu doesn't guard the opposing teams best player -- that job always falls on Bruce Bowen.

There is no diss intended simply pointing out that Manu isn't at the same level that Kobe is -- my son is a huge Manu fan (and I STILL let him live in the house although I won't allow him to own a jersey -- that father of the year award simply isn't worth it having a Spurs jersey in my house) but even he doesn't see Manu at the same level as Kobe. 

Also, if winning gold elevates a player to the top of the league -- then Scola must be one of the best PF's in the league -- he had as much to do with the Argentine's winning gold as Manu did.

Oh, one last thing -- I'd say the "Suns playoff collusion" comments are directed at one person on this board -- the same person who has to come up with a collusion for anything the Lakers have ever done positive.  He certainly wouldn't be putting those collusion comments on the Spurs when things happen for San Antonion (like ejecting players from the opposing squad, picking a ping pong ball against the odds -- that kind of thing) -- the Lakers have had more than their fair share of breaks in the past (trades that garnered the Lakers picks for Magic, Worthy -- trades that added Wilt, Kareem, Shaq choosing LA because he wanted to further his acting career, adding Shaq which enabled the Lakers to trade Vlade for the pick for Kobe, etc.) -- however, when you start down the "collusion" road than everything is open to collusion.  I know the Spurs didn't tell Stern to eject Suns players -- if you are going to live by the law then you have to enforce the law all the time.  It was a bad choice by Stern -- but if you start down the road of collusion than you have to open up everything for collusion, it's a bad road to start down (and we ALL know who can't help but throw in collusion with every post -- and he just happens to be a Spurs bandwagon fan).

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2008, 11:35:10 AM »
I haven't cried foul.  You are right I caught exactly what I was looking for when I threw out the line.  I was just surprised that my fishing rod didn't shatter from how hard you bit.  First you try to say Kobe plays defense and Manu doesn't.  Then you try to twist my words into saying that Manu was better than Kobe.  Then when I say your reaction would be different with other players you twist that into me dissing those players.

Oh you cried alright.  How come Kobe gets props and not Manu...waaaaaaaaaaaaahhh.....  I guess crying is part of your master bait plan.  Excellent move.  Props.

Funny thing...Manu already stepped up to the plate and hit a home run.  Thus the thread.  Just like when Kobe scored 81...there was a thread.  Very similar but with far different results...props for Kobe and disses for Manu.

Should we start with Reality-like baby steps?

And the funniest part is when you claim to recognize it as bait but by then obviously the hook was so deep it tied your tongue into twisted knots.   :D

Were there any facts or numbers put out there?  Any real point by point debate?  No, nothing to back up any claims, just flinging BS around which is what you do in a flamming thread.  Do you need me to draw you a picture?  From what I've seen in the past pointless twisting and BS flinging is part of your normal posting style so I can see why you get confused about someone posting in a flamming thread and someone getting baited.

Like I said, congrats on becomming one of the big 3.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2008, 12:00:59 PM »

Were there any facts or numbers put out there?  Any real point by point debate?  No, nothing to back up any claims, just flinging BS around which is what you do in a flamming thread.  Do you need me to draw you a picture?  From what I've seen in the past pointless twisting and BS flinging is part of your normal posting style so I can see why you get confused about someone posting in a flamming thread and someone getting baited.

Like I said, congrats on becomming one of the big 3.

Oh the twisty game.  Where are your facts and figures?  Where is there any commentary from you except slams on Manu or the poster (me)?  Where was your valid debate-like points? 

There was no flaming until your twisted panties irritated your hemmeroids into attck mode.  Oh and editing quotes to fit your needs is very Reality-like...
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2008, 12:26:12 PM »
Collusion 2008 (who registered but doesn't post)

the confirmation email hasn't arrived yet.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 12:33:09 PM by Reality »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2008, 12:35:12 PM »
Oh the twisty game.  Where are your facts and figures?  Where is there any commentary from you except slams on Manu or the poster (me)?  Where was your valid debate-like points? 

That was exactly my point.  Jeeze!  HELLO!

There was no flaming until your twisted panties irritated your hemmeroids into attck mode.  Oh and editing quotes to fit your needs is very Reality-like...

Please point out ONE edit I made.  I guess quoting you makes you look stupid enough for you think I actually edited the quote.  NOPE, not one single change to one single letter.  Which of the big three are you by the way?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2008, 12:38:13 PM »
Whoa whoa.  Lurker said I "edit" posts.
Not "change" them.
Carry on.

By the way Lurker is mostly owning on this thread.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2008, 01:11:09 PM »

That was exactly my point.  Jeeze!  HELLO!

The original post contains my facts and figures.  Manu accomplished something only 2 other players have accomplished in the past 20 years (fact).  He averaged 30+ points (figure) on 62+% shooting (another figure/both facts) over 5 games.

And your facts...

Please point out ONE edit I made.  I guess quoting you makes you look stupid enough for you think I actually edited the quote.  NOPE, not one single change to one single letter.  Which of the big three are you by the way?

Editing doesn't necessarily mean that you change any letters.  Editing can mean that you only quoted the PORTION of a post that helps support your position.

So what is your opinion on Manu's accomplishment?  Or do you prefer to continue to twist and turn to get off the hook?
-Moody Blues

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2008, 01:18:22 PM »
Lurker,

I'm just curious on your take on this, when teams begin to work a defensive plan against the Spurs -- which Spur do you think is the first person the opposing team focuses on in their defensive strategy?  Which Spur is number 2 in the defensive planning?  Do you not think that opposing teams are more focused on stopping TD then Parker then Manu?  Personally, if I have to focus on two players -- I'd rather focus on TD and Parker -- I'd see if Manu can beat the team by himself. 

Also, it might bear pointing out Manu doesn't guard the opposing teams best player -- that job always falls on Bruce Bowen.

There is no diss intended simply pointing out that Manu isn't at the same level that Kobe is -- my son is a huge Manu fan (and I STILL let him live in the house although I won't allow him to own a jersey -- that father of the year award simply isn't worth it having a Spurs jersey in my house) but even he doesn't see Manu at the same level as Kobe. 

Also, if winning gold elevates a player to the top of the league -- then Scola must be one of the best PF's in the league -- he had as much to do with the Argentine's winning gold as Manu did.

Oh, one last thing -- I'd say the "Suns playoff collusion" comments are directed at one person on this board -- the same person who has to come up with a collusion for anything the Lakers have ever done positive.  He certainly wouldn't be putting those collusion comments on the Spurs when things happen for San Antonion (like ejecting players from the opposing squad, picking a ping pong ball against the odds -- that kind of thing) -- the Lakers have had more than their fair share of breaks in the past (trades that garnered the Lakers picks for Magic, Worthy -- trades that added Wilt, Kareem, Shaq choosing LA because he wanted to further his acting career, adding Shaq which enabled the Lakers to trade Vlade for the pick for Kobe, etc.) -- however, when you start down the "collusion" road than everything is open to collusion.  I know the Spurs didn't tell Stern to eject Suns players -- if you are going to live by the law then you have to enforce the law all the time.  It was a bad choice by Stern -- but if you start down the road of collusion than you have to open up everything for collusion, it's a bad road to start down (and we ALL know who can't help but throw in collusion with every post -- and he just happens to be a Spurs bandwagon fan).

Randy,

I NEVER in this thread put Manu on the same level as Kobe.  I NEVER said he was better or even equal.  I said Manu accomplished something that not even Kobe or LeBron has accomplished.  And since in 3 of the 5 games Parker didn't even suit up I have a difficult time using the "defenses doesn't focus on him" line as a reason he went off.  When a player scores 20+ points in the first half you should be making adjustments.

As far as your winning gold comment...yeah right.  Manu is recognized around the world as the leader of the Argentine team.  So I guess Fabs was just as important to the Spurs titles as Duncan...same logic.

And the collusion comments get old.  If he can drop "collusion" turds into every other thread...and it doesn't matter who they are targeted for...then why can't I drop "Kobe sucks" comments into threads (although I didn't say that in this thread).  If I say they are targeted for WOW only then it will be acceptable?
-Moody Blues

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2008, 01:46:19 PM »
Manu has been on fire and basically has carried the Spurs these past several games.  If he can keep anywhere near this torrid pace through the playoffs the Spurs will likely repeat for the first time.  Hopefully for them, Parker can get back to full strength as I think they'll need him to be in order to repeat.  I've been picking the Spurs all season and I'm sticking with them, but man it's looking tough for everyone in the West right now.  They aren't exactly a lock like I thought they were at the beginning of the season. 

The good news for Lurker and WOW is that you each have the guys you want on your respective teams.  I'm sure Lurker would never trade GNob for Kobe and I know WOW wouldn't make that trade, so life is good. 

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2008, 01:59:39 PM »
The original post contains my facts and figures.  Manu accomplished something only 2 other players have accomplished in the past 20 years (fact).  He averaged 30+ points (figure) on 62+% shooting (another figure/both facts) over 5 games.

And your facts...

That was my point, I presented ZERO facts because this was just flamming since this was a baiting thread to begin with.  I guess I didn't make myself clear earlier.  You claim I didn't catch on but it was obvious from your initial post that you just want to bait so I followed suit and just flammed, didn't expect you to cry when you got the result you expected.

Editing doesn't necessarily mean that you change any letters.  Editing can mean that you only quoted the PORTION of a post that helps support your position.

LMFAO@U.  I quoted your ENTIRE post when you CRIED.  Try again.  Twist on.

So what is your opinion on Manu's accomplishment?  Or do you prefer to continue to twist and turn to get off the hook?

Why give my honest opinion in a thread that was designed to bait?  That was your intent since you stated you caught what you inteded.  F GKnob, we offered up Kobe Karl and a Staples Center security guard for him and the Spurs accepted but GKnob failed the physical since he had no spine so he stayed with the Spurs. 
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2008, 09:00:01 PM »
Lurker,

Randy,

I NEVER in this thread put Manu on the same level as Kobe.  I NEVER said he was better or even equal.  I said Manu accomplished something that not even Kobe or LeBron has accomplished.  And since in 3 of the 5 games Parker didn't even suit up I have a difficult time using the "defenses doesn't focus on him" line as a reason he went off.  When a player scores 20+ points in the first half you should be making adjustments.

As far as your winning gold comment...yeah right.  Manu is recognized around the world as the leader of the Argentine team.  So I guess Fabs was just as important to the Spurs titles as Duncan...same logic.

And the collusion comments get old.  If he can drop "collusion" turds into every other thread...and it doesn't matter who they are targeted for...then why can't I drop "Kobe sucks" comments into threads (although I didn't say that in this thread).  If I say they are targeted for WOW only then it will be acceptable?

Not bad for a tier 3 player...

Maybe some day Kobe and LeBron can be like Manu.

Hmm, you weren't saying that Manu wasn't as good as Kobe?  Hmm, that definately sounds like 1) a lot of sour grapes at first and 2) a jab at Kobe and LeBron.

Manu had a great run during that time -- definately not bad for a 3rd tier player -- I will give him that!

Umm, I didn't say that Manu wasn't widely recognized as the leader of the Argentina national team -- I said that Scola was as key to their success as Manu was.  Obviously, I'm not alone.  Scola's inside presence was the 2 punch of the 1-2 punch Argentina used throughout their run in 2004 (and before).  Not taking anything away from Manu -- it's like saying that Shaq didn't need Kobe or Kobe didn't need Shaq in their 3 title runs.  The rest of the Argentina national team were great role players -- Scola was awesome in the gold run -- in several games far more key than Manu, IMO.

Scola has been a key member of Argentina's national team for many years. In 2004, he teamed with Ginobili to lead Argentina to the Olympic gold medal. In that competition, Scola averaged 17.6 points per game and shot 65.5 percent from the field. In the gold medal game against Italy, Scola came up big, leading Argentina with 25 points and 11 rebounds in a 84-69 victory.

Lurker, I believe down deep that you know that Kobe is one of the best in the game (I know you probably can't bring yourself to say he is the best) but I think I can safely say that you DO think that "Kobe sucks."  It's okay -- you probably wouldn't like him even if he wasn't in purple and gold (unless he went to the Spurs) but since he IS in purple and gold -- you can't stand him.  We both know that the Spurs would trade Manu for Kobe in a heartbeat -- the Lakers would never trade Kobe for Manu.  I believe you are objective to admit that.  Manu had a great run -- props to him and the Spurs for that. 

I get it all -- it was a good bait -- and it's fun to spar.  You love Manu -- I get it -- but admit it -- you overrate any player in a Spurs uniform -- there are players that played for the Spurs that you think belong in the hall-of-fame -- simply because they wore a Spurs uniform.  I get it -- your glasses are tinted pretty bad and it keeps you from seeing Reality, I mean, keeps you from seeing clearly.  It's okay!

I would like to offer my condolances now -- do you think the Spurs will react when they get knocked out of the playoffs this year?  Their supporting cast is definately aging -- Horry, Bowen, and now Kurt Thomas, PJ Brown -- do the Spurs get a break with the salary cap if these players are eligible for Social Security? 

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2008, 01:55:05 AM »

And your facts...

That was my point, I presented ZERO facts because this was just flamming since this was a baiting thread to begin with.  I guess I didn't make myself clear earlier.  You claim I didn't catch on but it was obvious from your initial post that you just want to bait so I followed suit and just flammed, didn't expect you to cry when you got the result you expected.

LMFAO@U.  I quoted your ENTIRE post when you CRIED.  Try again.  Twist on.

Why give my honest opinion in a thread that was designed to bait?  That was your intent since you stated you caught what you inteded.  F GKnob, we offered up Kobe Karl and a Staples Center security guard for him and the Spurs accepted but GKnob failed the physical since he had no spine so he stayed with the Spurs. 

Blah blah blah!  Senile ramblings from an old fool!  I would have some respect for you if you would stop collecting SSI checks you old fart!  Show Lurker some respect, you couldn't handle six teenage Manu's in your 20's so STFU!
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."