Author Topic: Manu pulls off Shaq/Hakeem like feat...  (Read 7996 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Manu pulls off Shaq/Hakeem like feat...
« on: February 25, 2008, 08:51:35 AM »
From ESPN...

Heading into Monday's game with Atlanta, San Antonio guard Manu Ginobili has been on a tear. Ginobili, over his last five games, has now scored 172 points, while making 55 of 86 field-goal attempts (64 percent). Only one NBA player since the year 2000 has scored as many points with as high a shooting percentage over any five-game span; that was Shaquille O'Neal, who with the Lakers in March 2002, had a five-game stretch in which he scored 177 points while shooting 69.5 percent from the floor. That's it.

By the way, prior to Shaq, you have to go back to 1996 to find the last such instance of a player scoring and shooting as well as Ginobili over a period of five games. (Hakeem Olajuwon had 172 points and a 65-percent shooting stretch over a five-game span late in the 1995-96 season.)

Not bad for a tier 3 player...

Maybe some day Kobe and LeBron can be like Manu.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Manu pulls off Shaq/Hakeem like feat...
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 09:56:02 AM »
Not bad for a tier 3 player...

Maybe some day Kobe and LeBron can be like Manu.

3rd tier indeed.  I hope acomplishing something like that doesn't distract Kobe from his DEFENSE.  I thought you were going to post somethind about Manu and blocked shots.  Do you have any clips of him blocking a dunk from Shaq or one of him blocking a 6'10 guy going for a clear path dunk?  Probably not.  Any clips of that final shot Manu attempted against Boston in the last game?  That was comical, that shot probably did not help his average nor FG%.

I have seen some of Manu games and he's got alot of guts making some of the plays he does.  There was a game winning shot where he got open by going behind the back with his dribble, high risk move that he pulls off on a regular basis.  Durring the playoff last year was it Manu or Parker with the ball in crunch time?  From what I've seen the Spurs usually put the ball in Manu's hands in crunch time but I thougth maybe Parker was doing that last year.  Has that changed at all since Parker has come into his own? 

Saw Elson play yesterday, good move by the Spurs to drop him, what a dummy. 

The Reality disease of all NBA things being Laker related is spreading.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 10:49:00 AM »
Oh I forgot...Manu doesn't play defense.  Ah, right.

I guess that just leaves me at a lost for words since he has done something that no one except Shaq & Hakeem has done in the past 20 years.

Don't hate W.O.W. - just admire a fantastic accomplishment.  If it was LBJ, T-Mac, D-Williams, CP3 - you would be talking about how great they are and what an accomplishment.  But because it is Manu all you can do is try to belittle it.  Something I would expect froma Spurs hater like Randy but I guess true colors are coming through...
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 11:20:19 AM »
Lurker did you catch any of the New Orleans game?
Manu was nails again.

Teamwise what came down with that 8 minute stretch?  I saw the
whole game except the part where they blew the 15 point lead.  Sad, but I loved that 4th qtr flip switching.  Defense on Paul was disappointing, but he is good and we stopped him when it counted.  I'm liking the overall health of Spurs including Duncan.  Running the floor very well.  Bob Horry rounding into shape.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 11:25:52 AM »
Manu 64 percent
Shaq 69.5

Would Manus fga% trump Shaqs?  I'm sure it would as Manu has been raining treys.   

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 12:01:58 PM »
Don't hate W.O.W. - just admire a fantastic accomplishment.  If it was LBJ, T-Mac, D-Williams, CP3 - you would be talking about how great they are and what an accomplishment.  But because it is Manu all you can do is try to belittle it.  Something I would expect froma Spurs hater like Randy but I guess true colors are coming through...

You are full it Lurker.  The only reason I even responded is because you decided to take a shot at Kobe.  You started the "hate" in the thread so try not to PRETEND preach from your high horse.  Just admire Kobe, the best player in the game today.  Seems like your true "reality" colors are shinning through as well, didn't know you were one to get the board going with baiting threads.  I will keep that in mind and keep it "real" with you.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 12:19:19 PM »

You are full it Lurker.  The only reason I even responded is because you decided to take a shot at Kobe.  You started the "hate" in the thread so try not to PRETEND preach from your high horse.  Just admire Kobe, the best player in the game today.  Seems like your true "reality" colors are shinning through as well, didn't know you were one to get the board going with baiting threads.  I will keep that in mind and keep it "real" with you.

No hate towards Kobe here.  In fact when Kobe averages 30+ points on 60+% shooting over a 5 game stretch I will give him his props.  And then maybe elevate him to tier 3.

I, at least, don't show up weekly posting how Kobe is overrated and only a tier 3 player.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 12:50:28 PM »
No hate towards Kobe here.  In fact when Kobe averages 30+ points on 60+% shooting over a 5 game stretch I will give him his props.  And then maybe elevate him to tier 3.

When Manu scores 81 give me a call or when Manu is consistent for a season you can also give me a call.  Anybody who puts Manu on the same level as Kobe has some explaining to do.  If they put him on a level higher than Kobe, especially this year, needs to pick up another sport.

I, at least, don't show up weekly posting how Kobe is overrated and only a tier 3 player.

Not weekly but you do same thing often enough so don't try to play that stupid innocent game please.  Manu is still a 3rd tier player, someday he may move up to tier 2 alongside Kobe, someday maybe.  If Kobe and Manu keep it up for the rest of the year they will both move up one tier in my book.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 02:09:25 PM »

When Manu scores 81 give me a call or when Manu is consistent for a season you can also give me a call.  Anybody who puts Manu on the same level as Kobe has some explaining to do. 

When Kobe wins Olympic gold give me a call.  Anybody who continues to dismiss the contributions of one of the better players in the world has some explaining to do.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 03:05:39 PM »

When Manu scores 81 give me a call or when Manu is consistent for a season you can also give me a call.  Anybody who puts Manu on the same level as Kobe has some explaining to do. 

When Kobe wins Olympic gold give me a call.  Anybody who continues to dismiss the contributions of one of the better players in the world has some explaining to do.

Make sure your bill is paid up, I'll be calling you soon.  Doubt I will ever get a call from you since Manu will not step up to the plate.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2008, 03:45:28 PM »

Make sure your bill is paid up, I'll be calling you soon.  Doubt I will ever get a call from you since Manu will not step up to the plate.

Funny thing...Manu already stepped up to the plate and hit a home run.  Thus the thread.  Just like when Kobe scored 81...there was a thread.  Very similar but with far different results...props for Kobe and disses for Manu.

Should we start with Reality-like baby steps?
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2008, 05:00:21 PM »
Funny thing...Manu already stepped up to the plate and hit a home run.  Thus the thread.  Just like when Kobe scored 81...there was a thread.  Very similar but with far different results...props for Kobe and disses for Manu.

In case you didn't notice, you are already following in Reality's "baby steps".  I don't remember the "81" thread starting with a diss on Manu, I don't think there was anything but props for Kobe in that thread, no dissing of Iverson/Wade/T-Mac.  BUT that is NOT the way this thread started is it?  No you had to start the thread with a knock on Kobe/LeBron then beyatch about the flack comming back.  Good work of crapping in your own thread then crying foul Lurker, you are truely following in the foot steps of greatness in that regard. 
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2008, 07:39:57 PM »

In case you didn't notice, you are already following in Reality's "baby steps".  I don't remember the "81" thread starting with a diss on Manu, I don't think there was anything but props for Kobe in that thread, no dissing of Iverson/Wade/T-Mac.  BUT that is NOT the way this thread started is it?  No you had to start the thread with a knock on Kobe/LeBron then beyatch about the flack comming back.  Good work of crapping in your own thread then crying foul Lurker, you are truely following in the foot steps of greatness in that regard. 

I didn't knock anyone...I said that maybe some day Kobe or LeBron could accomplish the same thing..."be like Manu".  Just like in the title that I said Manu is like Shaq and Hakeem.  You are the one who woke up with twisted panties and jumped to the immediate negative.  And I didn't diss any of the other players either.  I listed them as examples of other players that I thought might accomplish the same feat and said that if they had YOU would react differently.  I could also list Howard, Duncan, and KG as players that I believe you would have praised if they did the same thing.

And even if it was just a EXTREMELY obvious bait job you bit hard & deep.  Hope you feel better when you wake up tomorrow. 
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2008, 08:42:50 PM »
Whats going to really suck is come playoff time...around game 3 or 4 you guys are going to wish he saved some of his ammo when he scores 8 points and goes 1-7

JK..he has been on a tear lately.  Mad props.  The thing is with Shaq getting a high % is hes not 30 feet out shooting off balanced 3s like Manu is.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2008, 11:25:01 PM »
And even if it was just a EXTREMELY obvious bait job you bit hard & deep.  Hope you feel better when you wake up tomorrow. 

Figured it was a bait job early on or did you miss that post?

Seems like your true "reality" colors are shinning through as well, didn't know you were one to get the board going with baiting threads.  I will keep that in mind and keep it "real" with you.

Congrats.  So glad you feel like you accomplished something.  Just don't complain when someone dumps all over your thread as has been the pattern with most threads around here lately. 
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"