Author Topic: Darko Milicic  (Read 2396 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Darko Milicic
« on: February 24, 2008, 09:36:46 PM »
How bad has it become for Darko?  Last 2 games he is -37 while on the floor, and Kwame  :o has now become the starter  :o.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Darko Milicic
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 09:22:25 PM »
How funny the two biggest top draft pick busts in NBA history battling it out for a starting spot on a franchise that might be the worst to date. 

Honestly I don't know who is the bigger bust..Kwame or Darko, maybe it needs its own thread?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 06:03:54 PM »
......who is the bigger bust..Kwame or Darko, maybe it needs its own thread?

Yeah......because this thread is about........?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 06:40:18 PM »

What is it you old timers say: Don't count your chickens before they hatch?  Give it some time, this thread will get hijacked!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 07:26:28 PM »
Unless you've lost a limb or your eyesight, if you're relatively healthy and you lose your starting job to Kwame Brown I'd say you've hit rock bottom. 

At this point, Darko has to have earned the "bust" title.  I say at this point because he was so young when drafted and didn't get any PT in Detroit.  It's only fair he gets some years to mature and some time on the floor to develop.  Well, he's had that now and much like Kwame, he just plain sucks. 

Can you imagine if Detroit would have drafted Bosh or Wade instead?!?  Oh my.  Dumars has done an incredible job, IMO, and doesn't get enough credit.  And it's easy to play the "they could have drafted X" game with 20/20 hindsight.  But man, Detroit got screwed by picking that waste of space.   

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 07:53:11 PM »
Wonder what went wrong with Darko, he's shown he's got game.  His coordination and foot work looked good the few times I've caught him on TV.  Never pegged him as another Dirk but he had a young JO type of game.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 09:38:57 PM »

I believe its about Darko and how Kwame took his job.  Quit acting like I just pulled a name out of a hat here.  Two #1 pick busts battling it out for a starting spot.  Sounds pretty relevant to me.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 01:15:39 AM »

What is it you old timers say: Don't count your chickens before they hatch?  Give it some time, this thread will get hijacked!

No....we say: Don't count your chickies before they latch.....on to you.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 01:20:19 AM »

I believe its about Darko and how Kwame took his job.  Quit acting like I just pulled a name out of a hat here.  Two #1 pick busts battling it out for a starting spot.  Sounds pretty relevant to me.

My, my, the young can be so sensitive and naive at the same time. Maybe I was just complementing you on making the thread about a more diverse topic, instead of limiting it to a guy (Darko), who honestly does not deserve much in the way of attention otherwise. Or did you miss your own point?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 02:00:12 AM »

My, my, the young can be so sensitive and naive at the same time. Maybe I was just complementing you on making the thread about a more diverse topic, instead of limiting it to a guy (Darko), who honestly does not deserve much in the way of attention otherwise. Or did you miss your own point?

Ahh the trick of the old.  Pretend like you don't remember your original motivation for making a comment then try to pass it off as something else

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2008, 02:25:35 AM »

Ahh the trick of the old.  Pretend like you don't remember your original motivation for making a comment then try to pass it off as something else

Its only a trick when someone like you comes along and trips face first into it.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2008, 08:04:06 AM »

Its only a trick when someone like you comes along and trips face first into it.

Too many prunes last night I take it...up at 2:30 on a message board.  Best of luck to you ;)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2008, 06:40:59 PM »
Too many prunes last night I take it...up at 2:30 on a message board.  Best of luck to you ;)

First off, genius, Dabod's little board here shows Eastern time in the posts, being that he lives in Philadelphia, so my time in California was actually 11:30.  ;)

And second, no one told me you weren't supposed to use prunes as a suppository.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2008, 08:21:38 PM »

First off, genius, Dabod's little board here shows Eastern time in the posts, being that he lives in Philadelphia, so my time in California was actually 11:30.  ;)

11:30...2:30...you are a hundred and eight years old.  Anything past 8:30 is late night for you so what does it matter?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2008, 09:41:44 PM »

11:30...2:30...you are a hundred and eight years old.  Anything past 8:30 is late night for you so what does it matter?

Is that 8:30 Eastern or Pacific time?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues