Author Topic: My grades of the trades....  (Read 19125 times)

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: My grades of the trades....
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2008, 09:47:24 PM »
I'm not real sure where to start, JoMal -- you keep commenting on him not being the go-to-guy but you fail to read the part where it states that he was constantly being double-teamed and was the focus of the opponents defense.  Doesn't that tell you something?  It also makes things a lot easier for your teammates when they have to double-team you -- it means that someone is wide open (I know -- it's been a while since you've seen a Kings player get double-teamed).

As for defense, I don't know of anyone who came from Euro that learned how to play defense there -- but they can be taught.  As I have said, he does have skill and he has great potential -- a big man with great range can really open things up (see the Jazz). 

As for Memphis' current style of game -- who does fit into that style?  It's pretty much helter-skelter do whatever you can because we know we are going to lose anyway!  I don't believe that what is going on presently in Memphis has any long-term status -- this team is going to see a lot of shake-up once they are finally sold.

No, Randy, I randomly read the piece and selectively ignored the parts that did not back up my pre-made opinion about the guy. <oops, did I just type that out loud?>

There are some key parts of the synopsis on Marc Gasol's game that need more info, such as his footwork and speed. The NBA game is faster and footwork more necessary to be effective in this league. Being double-teamsed in Europe would just make the case that he has height and needs another body to front him over there. That he has trouble rebounding alone would make his likely NBA career a benchwarming one. That he also is slow makes it one where he will be holding down the bench at one end so it won't flip up when better players enter the game.

Actually, some of those points were also said of another Euro center before he came over to the US -- Vlade Divac.  Where does the article say that he was slow?  You really need to do a little more research before coming to such a conclusion -- you can actually watch some of his games online rather than just reading in your preconcieved opinions.  You would see that some of the assumptions you are making aren't true.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2008, 10:52:34 PM »
I rather teach a bunch of inner city Hispanic kids Calculus. 

"I rather"? 

As long as you stick to Calculus and not teach grammar nor spelling those kids MIGHT have a shot.

I have heard of a lot of pots calling kettles black WOW, but you criticizing ANYONE about their spelling or grammar leaves me breathless with awe at your guts, you couldn't spell your way out of a wet paper bag, let alone structure a sentence in a grammatically correct manner. Mixed metaphors aside, I might suggest you exit the glass house before you pick up another stone.

So says the guy who had to "edit" his post to get it correct.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2008, 11:08:36 PM »

"I rather"? 

As long as you stick to Calculus and not teach grammar nor spelling those kids MIGHT have a shot.

I have heard of a lot of pots calling kettles black WOW, but you criticizing ANYONE about their spelling or grammar leaves me breathless with awe at your guts, you couldn't spell your way out of a wet paper bag, let alone structure a sentence in a grammatically correct manner. Mixed metaphors aside, I might suggest you exit the glass house before you pick up another stone.

Edited because my PC inserts a question mark where an apostrophe belongs, and at least I will make a correction, unlike the abortions in grammar and spelling you see fit to post. Leave this subject alone WOW, you are way out of your league here, your league being Kindergarten Ebonics.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 12:43:10 PM by Laker Fan »
Dan

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2008, 09:11:15 AM »

"I rather"? 

Edited because my PC inserts a question mark where an apostrophe belongs, and at leat I will make a correction, unlike the abortions in grammar and spelling you see fit to post. Leave this subject alone WOW, you are way out of your league here, your league being Kindergarten Ebonics.

Actually I've noticed that a lot on the board in general.  If you try to copy and paste text from another location you will get the ? all over the place.

Obviously spelling and grammar are not my thing.  Messing with old people is though.  I am slowly climbing the ranks on JoMaL's list of things he dislikes.  I think I am right under 'kids skateboarding on the sidewalk' and 'loud rock music'
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2008, 09:43:15 AM »
Edited because my PC inserts a question mark where an apostrophe belongs, and at leat I will make a correction, unlike the abortions in grammar and spelling you see fit to post. Leave this subject alone WOW, you are way out of your league here, your league being Kindergarten Ebonics.

I usually don't go back and edit posts unless the mistake(s) changes the "message" or meaning of the post.  I am not big on grammar or spelling, IMO that falls under the "memorization" or "knowledge" category of thinking.  Memorization is the lowest form of thinking and with all the tools available for spelling and grammar, no I'm not talking about MS Word, I don't find that skill on a message board all that important.  In my current line of work, throughout most of my career as well, I have had to communicate with people both verbally and in writing.  I have always been able to communicate to personnel ranging from "screw turner" to CEO's.  I will "check" my spelling and grammar when I determine it to be necessary.  I also type as fast as most people speak so with speed comes a bit of inaccuracy. 

While memorization and comprehension are the foundation of thinking, I consider those two levels of thinking a "given".  This board is very different from 90% of the message boards out there so my expectation of the participants on here is for them to be reading posts with their "application" and "analysis" caps on.  I don't know if you caught JoMals "slplelnig and cmpoirenshon" post a while back but it doesn't appear our brains put much emphasis on spelling and grammar.

That being said, in this case typed, it was a JOKE, I have been pleading with Dabods about a crayon font for months.
The running theme this week was kicked off by rickotreat climbing his high horse, falling off the other side, hitting the ground, rolling over then tumbling down the Grand Canyon in regards to "spelling" and "grammar". 
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2008, 09:52:50 AM »
Spthelling and grammar.  Oh, between this and the pajama party at Sashas showing De'reek grab Monta Ellis ballroom sthyle to the floor.

You guyths know how to heat thingths up.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2008, 09:53:15 AM »
Actually I've noticed that a lot on the board in general.  If you try to copy and paste text from another location you will get the ? all over the place.

I've also noticed that sarcasm doesn't translate well on this board as well.  Although sometimes my intent is to be sarcastic without giving it away, I guess my gauge for laying it on thick is off.

Obviously spelling and grammar are not my thing.  Messing with old people is though.  I am slowly climbing the ranks on JoMaL's list of things he dislikes.  I think I am right under 'kids skateboarding on the sidewalk' and 'loud rock music'

That's funny cause I'm am actually starting to get some "old" tendencies.  I jump at the opportunity to talk smack and trade barbs but when that kid gave me the "OWNED" routine I took the "You little wipper snapper, how dare you!" attitude.  I did eventually recover and told him to wait until his nuts drop and his voice gets deeper before he tries to talk smack.  Maybe that's how JoMal views you, he's waiting for you to grow a hair or two on your nuts before you step to him.  Either that or you lose 2,000 hairs from the top of you head like JoMal to be considered a "big boy".
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2008, 09:54:27 AM »
Spthelling and grammar.  Oh, between this and the pajama party at Sashas showing De'reek grab Monta Ellis ballroom sthyle to the floor.

You guyths know how to heat thingths up.

Great post!  Awesome contribution!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2008, 09:58:33 AM »
^^ sthuper.  Now go view the irrefutable angle on Swisher and prepare to be owned.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2008, 10:00:45 AM »
What does cause the ? marks to be inserted when one cut and pastes and/or when an apostrophe is supposed to show up?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2008, 10:07:10 AM »

I've also noticed that sarcasm doesn't translate well on this board as well.  Although sometimes my intent is to be sarcastic without giving it away, I guess my gauge for laying it on thick is off.

That's funny cause I'm am actually starting to get some "old" tendencies.  I jump at the opportunity to talk smack and trade barbs but when that kid gave me the "OWNED" routine I took the "You little wipper snapper, how dare you!" attitude.  I did eventually recover and told him to wait until his nuts drop and his voice gets deeper before he tries to talk smack.  Maybe that's how JoMal views you, he's waiting for you to grow a hair or two on your nuts before you step to him.  Either that or you lose 2,000 hairs from the top of you head like JoMal to be considered a "big boy".

If he was waiting for me to step to him he wouldn't have taken his frustrations out in the GS/Laker thread.  Actually its exactly like your XBOX situation.  I make JoMaL angry with my skills and he has to fall back on 'b-b-but your mom tucks you in at night' responses lol
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2008, 10:08:17 AM »
^^ sthuper.  Now go view the irrefutable angle on Swisher and prepare to be owned.

"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2008, 10:24:27 AM »

No great ballroom dancing by you, Mister.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2008, 10:55:33 AM »

No great ballroom dancing by you, Mister.

"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2008, 12:19:07 PM »

"I rather"? 

For crying out loud, westkoast, why on earth would you think I dislike you? I like everyone on this board, except Dabods, of course. No one likes the guy who runs things.

I have also had some problems with quotes and things; something else to blame on Dabods.

BTW, rock music was kind of invented by my generation, so it is what I listen to. As for kids skateboarding, that ranks right behind Asian manufactured dress pants, which hang too low from the waste (ha, ha - make that 'waist', Laker Fan) and do not account for....um....western-sized progeny equipment.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."