Author Topic: My grades of the trades....  (Read 19151 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: My grades of the trades....
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2008, 03:45:04 PM »
yes WOW, ownage is funny;

I have a smirk every time I post that verbage.  I was playing Halo 3 on the internet and some pre-pubecent (sic?) kid yells out "OWNED" after he won the game.  He was going on and on about "OWN", "OWNED" and "OWNAGE".  I thought it was VERY funny that he took such pride in a video game victory and it was ULTRA funny that he's "virtual" beating his chest in a squeeky high voice that still reeked of breast milk.  So ironicly funny yet at the same time it annoyed me.  The fact that I was actually annoyed made that moment hilarious, I couldn't believe it actually annoyed me up until I caught myself being annoyed.  So I brought it here and Reality lives and DIES by "OWNAGE". He so wants to be that pre-teen yelling OWN, or a derrivative, that his whole life on this board revolves around it.  Some day Reality hopes to win a debate with me but after going 0 for 1397 he should be getting the message.  Really didn't think it would take around here but it has and it cracks me up thinking back to getting "OWNED" on Halo 3 that day.  FYI: I'm still trying to track that little bastard down for a rematch!  OWNAGE WILL BE MINE SOME DAY!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2008, 03:48:40 PM »
(Two Grandma's Boy references in one thread, HAS NO ONE SEEN THIS MOVIE!)

No.  Nor have I seen the following movies:

Power Rangers
Pokeman
Horton Hears a Hoo
Cheetah Girls
Sponge Bob Square Pants
Hannah Montana....uhmmm...scratch that last one.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2008, 03:56:12 PM »
(Two Grandma's Boy references in one thread, HAS NO ONE SEEN THIS MOVIE!)

No.  Nor have I seen the following movies:

Power Rangers
Pokeman
Horton Hears a Hoo
Cheetah Girls
Sponge Bob Square Pants
Hannah Montana....uhmmm...scratch that last one.

Those are all children's movies so maybe you are a bit mistaken what kind of movie it is.  Grandma's Boy is done by Nick Swardson (Reno 911, stand up comedy shows) and the Happy Madison crew.  Pretty funny movie.  You are missing out.

You can stay watching Stand and Deliver on repeat esse
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2008, 04:07:27 PM »
Those are all children's movies so maybe you are a bit mistaken what kind of movie it is.

Next time I will use the crayon font and circle the ENTIRE post and label it "sarcasm".  Mmmmmkkaaaaaayy!  Take a break, have a juice box or fruit roll up and chill.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2008, 04:14:47 PM »
Those are all children's movies so maybe you are a bit mistaken what kind of movie it is.

Next time I will use the crayon font and circle the ENTIRE post and label it "sarcasm".  Mmmmmkkaaaaaayy!  Take a break, have a juice box or fruit roll up and chill.

I rather teach a bunch of inner city Hispanic kids Calculus. 

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2008, 04:22:06 PM »
I looooove thefact that JoMal gets all the old guy shots, makes me feel young
Dan

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2008, 04:34:15 PM »

>:(
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2008, 04:45:44 PM »
Is Grandma's Boy the one with Adam Sandler's buddy who is a loser computer game designer?

If so, that was the most poorly written, poorly made piece of celluloid toilet paper I've ever seen. It was basically like Sandler's buddies were trying to be Sandler, but they couldn't pull off more than a Meatballs III quality movie. POS.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2008, 04:54:33 PM »

"I rather"? 

As long as you stick to Calculus and not teach grammar nor spelling those kids MIGHT have a shot.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 07:39:09 PM by WayOutWest »
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2008, 05:14:24 PM »
Is Grandma's Boy the one with Adam Sandler's buddy who is a loser computer game designer?

If so, that was the most poorly written, poorly made piece of celluloid toilet paper I've ever seen. It was basically like Sandler's buddies were trying to be Sandler, but they couldn't pull off more than a Meatballs III quality movie. POS.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=r2OvKHNT5yM&feature=related

If you don't find this funny I don't know what to tell you.  Ask any "younger" person about this movie and they will probably tell you they think its really funny as it has turned into somewhat of a cult classic.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2008, 06:26:57 PM »
I'm not real sure where to start, JoMal -- you keep commenting on him not being the go-to-guy but you fail to read the part where it states that he was constantly being double-teamed and was the focus of the opponents defense.  Doesn't that tell you something?  It also makes things a lot easier for your teammates when they have to double-team you -- it means that someone is wide open (I know -- it's been a while since you've seen a Kings player get double-teamed).

As for defense, I don't know of anyone who came from Euro that learned how to play defense there -- but they can be taught.  As I have said, he does have skill and he has great potential -- a big man with great range can really open things up (see the Jazz). 

As for Memphis' current style of game -- who does fit into that style?  It's pretty much helter-skelter do whatever you can because we know we are going to lose anyway!  I don't believe that what is going on presently in Memphis has any long-term status -- this team is going to see a lot of shake-up once they are finally sold.

No, Randy, I randomly read the piece and selectively ignored the parts that did not back up my pre-made opinion about the guy. <oops, did I just type that out loud?>

There are some key parts of the synopsis on Marc Gasol's game that need more info, such as his footwork and speed. The NBA game is faster and footwork more necessary to be effective in this league. Being double-teamsed in Europe would just make the case that he has height and needs another body to front him over there. That he has trouble rebounding alone would make his likely NBA career a benchwarming one. That he also is slow makes it one where he will be holding down the bench at one end so it won't flip up when better players enter the game.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2008, 07:28:48 PM »

:D

I know.  I love that westkoast gets all the little tyke jokes, makes me feel sage. 
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2008, 07:41:36 PM »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=r2OvKHNT5yM&feature=related

If you don't find this funny I don't know what to tell you.  Ask any "younger" person about this movie and they will probably tell you they think its really funny as it has turned into somewhat of a cult classic.

Like they said in the movie itself: "sh*t is weak".
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2008, 07:56:06 PM »

No, Randy, I randomly read the piece and selectively ignored the parts that did not back up my pre-made opinion about the guy. <oops, did I just type that out loud?>

That he has trouble rebounding alone would make his likely NBA career a benchwarming one. That he also is slow makes it one where he will be holding down the bench at one end so it won't flip up when better players enter the game.

I can't stop laughing
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2008, 09:37:04 PM »

"I rather"? 

As long as you stick to Calculus and not teach grammar nor spelling those kids MIGHT have a shot.

I have heard of a lot of pots calling kettles black WOW, but you criticizing ANYONE about their spelling or grammar leaves me breathless with awe at your guts, you couldn't spell your way out of a wet paper bag, let alone structure a sentence in a grammatically correct manner. Mixed metaphors aside, I might suggest you exit the glass house before you pick up another stone.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 09:38:51 PM by Laker Fan »
Dan