Author Topic: Hornets - Rockets near trade  (Read 2807 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hornets - Rockets near trade
« on: February 21, 2008, 01:07:29 PM »
Rockets give Gawen Deangelo Wells and Mike James for Bobby Jackson and Adam Haluska.  Don't quite see how this helps the Rockets, but it does help the Hornets IMO.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: Hornets - Rockets near trade
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 01:26:21 PM »
Rockets give Gawen Deangelo Wells and Mike James for Bobby Jackson and Adam Haluska.  Don't quite see how this helps the Rockets, but it does help the Hornets IMO.

For one thing, it reunites Bobby Jackson with Rick Adelman. Jackson had his best years while being coached by Adelman.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 02:03:49 PM »
Jackson had his best years while being coached by Adelman.

So did Bonzi...and Adelman was supposed to ressurrect his career in Houston.

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 03:34:06 PM »
Jackson had his best years while being coached by Adelman.

So did Bonzi...and Adelman was supposed to ressurrect his career in Houston.

Bonzi is just not the same player he was in Sacramento. He came to Houston out of shape and stayed that way. Jackson is still doing his thing, from what little I have observed of his play in New Orleans.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 01:09:10 PM »
Does Bonzi get remotivated 2006 Kings playoff style?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 01:36:02 PM »
Does _______________ get remotivated with new team?

Seems like a recurring theme for trades this year.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 01:43:34 PM »
^^ yeah for sure.  However dollar for dollar I'm thinking New Orleans really hits the jackpot in risk/reward if Bonzi returns to or near his 2006 playoff coma.

Lurker if Barrdog passes waivers in about......how many more hours?  Spurs can sign him for minimum.  WooHoo!  Or would you rather they just sit pat with Findawg alone?  Ime and Bowen sure have been inconsisten on the treys.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 01:45:29 PM »
^^ yeah for sure.  However dollar for dollar I'm thinking New Orleans really hits the jackpot in risk/reward if Bonzi returns to or near his 2006 playoff coma.

Lurker if Barrdog passes waivers in about......how many more hours?  Spurs can sign him for minimum.  WooHoo!  Or would you rather they just sit pat with Findawg alone?  Ime and Bowen sure have been inconsisten on the treys.

Barry has already been waived, the Spurs can pick him up in 30 collusion days.  The best part is the Spurs will STILL but nicely under the luxury tax if they resign Barry.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 01:47:04 PM »
Barry has already been waived, the Spurs can pick him up in 30 collusion days.  The best part is the Spurs will STILL but nicely under the luxury tax if they resign Barry.
For 48 hours any team can sign Barry except the Spurs.
Quite unlike your Gasol real collusion.

Your silly comparisons.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 01:52:21 PM by Reality »

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2008, 01:49:51 PM »
As usual, I dont' get this deal.  Bonzi is a good enough player, but I don't know why the Hornets would want to mess with the nice chemistry they have going right now.  They're leading the West by 2 games in the loss column approx. 2/3 of the way through the season.  They are not a fluke and they, along with SA and Utah, are the front runners to win the West, IMO.  

Bringing in a knucklehead like Wells could bolster their bench, or screw with their chemistry.  Dangerous gamble, IMO.  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2008, 01:52:16 PM »

LOL @ this...wasnt it FISHY when Stackhouse wanted to do it.  It's not when Barry wants to do it?  You kill me.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2008, 01:55:41 PM »

LOL @ this...wasnt it FISHY when Stackhouse wanted to do it.  It's not when Barry wants to do it?  You kill me.

Still fishy...but Barry didn't go on record saying that he would be back after a 30 day vacation.  It at least this has a small appearance of not being pre-arranged whereas Stack's comments left almost no doubt that it was pre-arranged.

Hair splitting, I know.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2008, 02:24:40 PM »
In addition to Lurkers pointing out Stackhouses announcing he would come back to the Mavs...
Stackhouse was planning on being bought out by New Jersey.  Therefore he could sign with any team and also refuse to sign with any team.

Huge difference.

Barrdog is currently being waived by Seattle.  Any team under the cap can sign Barry as long as they absorb his salary.  If all teams voluntarily pass up the chance to claim Barry off waivers, he clears waivers, he can sign with any team. 

Point being everyone is getting and will have gotten a fair shot at signing Barry.  Not so in the Stackhouse buy out collusion.

Reality
I don't like it.
Rule should be he cannot return to the team that traded him until next season.
I was reffering to the buyout and return plan. 

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2008, 02:39:01 PM »
Reality
I don't like it.
Rule should be he cannot return to the team that traded him until next season.
I was reffering to the buyout and return plan. 
  Altho in fairness, nixing the waive n re-sign on the same team in the same season is okay with me too.
But at least in waive n re-sign the opponents have a chance to block it.  Unlike buy out n re-sign Stackhouse.