Author Topic: Latest Webber rumor . . .  (Read 4773 times)

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
Latest Webber rumor . . .
« on: March 29, 2004, 02:17:49 PM »
which I heard on talk radio this morning is that Webber is letting it known that if the fans at Arco don't cut him some slack and quit booing him, he will be looking for another place to play ball.  

Awww, cut the wittle baby some slack, Kings fans, can't you see that your hurting his poor wittle feewings.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 02:23:58 PM »
Send him to Philly, they love their teams and always show them love, win or lose!  :D  
Dan

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 02:55:05 PM »
So I heard. Since Webber can't trade himself, and his contract makes a trade somewhat problematic to say the least, if he is looking for a collective pat on the back from everybody in Sacramento, he better put himself in a position where we actually WANT him to stay here or Geoff can look into it as far as we care.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2004, 02:55:33 PM by JoMal »
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2004, 03:08:48 PM »
Jomal and anyone else with Sactown news access,

What on Earth is Adleman saying about the ludicrous play and destroyed chemistry that has become the Kings since they became Chrissy Webber Kings two weeks ago?

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2004, 03:16:31 PM »
Adelman is blaming a lack of focus on defense. So are the players. So are many of the fans. What we have not seen yet is any additional effort to correct the poor defense or any better rebounding.

Along with turnovers, the Kings are more then a bit generous regarding the hopes of the teams they are playing. Adelman thinks the offense is fine, and from what I have seen, the players certainly are still getting plenty of open looks at the basket even with Webber, so that is not going to be a huge problem once they start to hit the shots regularly once again.

On defense and the prevention of second chance points, however, the Kings as a team are horrible yet. How much blame should go on Webber's sagging shoulders is becoming less of a concern each game as the whole team contributes to the lack of effort.

So far, just talking about it seems to have had no effect on the players actually doing anything about it, though.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2004, 03:20:50 PM »
The joke amoungst the ballers I hang with is Chris Webber has gone from the nickname She-Webb to Half Man Half a Season!  :lol:  
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2004, 04:33:31 PM »
Adelman thinks the offense is fine,
Thats all i needed to hear.  Count the Kings out with Adleman and Crissy Webb in charge.  All joking aside does Adleman suffer from fear of success?

What a 4Xs with best or near best team loser.  Portland 2Xs and Kings 2Xs.
Sure Jomal, they may still be getting open looks, emphasis on may, but the mentality of having to think for half a second to make sure its ok with Chrissy Webb-Adleman to shoot screws up a shooters stroke big time.

This team looks completely different then the Pre-Webb team.

Unless a player rises up (Vlade?)and stimulates an overthrow of the Adleman-Webb bullstink i put them as 50% less effective then they were.  1st round and out wouldn't suprise me. Kings with the current mental state winning the 2nd round would blow me away.

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2004, 04:37:53 PM »
What an amazing turn of events. From unstoppable to very flappable. What's even more suprising is the emergence of the Lakers. With 4 HOF'ers, I know that sounds ridiculous, but I really didn't forsee them overcoming their ego's with all that's happened this year.

I still like SA's chances against them though. Like the athletic T-wolves chances too.  LA's big downfall is going to be one thing. Frankly..they are OLD. OLDER anyways.
Paul

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2004, 05:34:29 PM »
So I heard. Since Webber can't trade himself, and his contract makes a trade somewhat problematic to say the least, if he is looking for a collective pat on the back from everybody in Sacramento, he better put himself in a position where we actually WANT him to stay here or Geoff can look into it as far as we care.
This is one of those situations you face with mixed emotions -- at times, it's so humorous and at the same time nauseating.  This guy has a contract for $122 and he doesn't understand why fans (most of whom live in the middle-income bracket) can't understand why he isn't bringing his A game?  Listen, if he was that hurt, he shouldn't have come back.  And now he is reacting like, "if they keep booing me, I'll just go someplace else."  Okay, CWebb, and who do you think is going to take a player whose ego is the only thing bigger than his contract.  If you want the fans to shut up, MAKE them shut up.  See, I don't think Kobe would be whining like that -- I think he would let his game speak for itself.  CWebb wants his huge contract but he wants fans to applaud something he hasn't shown himself.  What does he expect from Kings fans -- loyalty?  Sorry, CWebb, I doubt that fans are going to give you something that you haven't deserve and the comments out of your mouth about wanting to live causes fans to not give you something that you have given to them.  Also, add the fact that you decided to lie under oath and cost yourself more games and then when you do get back?  Your team starts TANKING.  Why don't you take some responsibility and look at what your team was doing BEFORE you came back and now look at what they are doing SINCE you came back.  Why not tell your coach that he needs to slowly blend you back into the gameplan.  When you look at all the scenarios, the only conclusion that you are left with is that the only thing that has changed is the addition of Chris Webber.  IF you stood up and addressed that fact, THAT would show that you are a leader -- until then, you are just a whiner that thinks the world revolves around you -- and perhaps, that's the current problem with the Sacramento Kings.

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2004, 05:51:12 PM »
Webb is offering to do the Kings a favor and they should take advantage.  The Kings will never win with Webber.  Move him for an upgrade over Christie, and a solid PF.  Off the top of my head, maybe Webber and Bobby Jackson for Brian Grant and Eddie Jones.  Both Jones and Grant only have 3 years left, while Webber has 5.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2004, 07:55:20 PM »
Webb is offering to do the Kings a favor and they should take advantage.  The Kings will never win with Webber.  Move him for an upgrade over Christie, and a solid PF.  Off the top of my head, maybe Webber and Bobby Jackson for Brian Grant and Eddie Jones.  Both Jones and Grant only have 3 years left, while Webber has 5.
If that were to happen I think the Kings would fall apart.  Vlade is on his last legs is B. Miller is nothing in the post.  The Kings inside out game would be gone and their pick and roll would be in the crapper as well since Miller isn't as mobile nor does he have the range of Webber.

Brian Grant has been a MAJOR disappointment since signing his big contract.

IMO this Webber situation could bring the Kings together in time for a major playoff run, the Kings vs. the world (including their own fans) could be the motivation they need.  :blink:  
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2004, 09:08:56 PM »
Webb is offering to do the Kings a favor and they should take advantage.  The Kings will never win with Webber.  Move him for an upgrade over Christie, and a solid PF.  Off the top of my head, maybe Webber and Bobby Jackson for Brian Grant and Eddie Jones.  Both Jones and Grant only have 3 years left, while Webber has 5.
If that were to happen I think the Kings would fall apart.  Vlade is on his last legs is B. Miller is nothing in the post.  The Kings inside out game would be gone and their pick and roll would be in the crapper as well since Miller isn't as mobile nor does he have the range of Webber.

IMO this Webber situation could bring the Kings together in time for a major playoff run, the Kings vs. the world (including their own fans) could be the motivation they need.  :blink:
WoW I can't disagree about Grant and Jones.  My only though with those 2 was Grant would provide some toughness, and Eddie Jones would be an improvement over Christie.  I am sure that there are better deals out there than that one, just a quick one off the top of my head.
I believe that Sacramento is becoming Peja's team, and they need to let it happen.  If they can move Webber to plug some other holes, and let Peja, Miller and Bibby become the focus I think they would be better off long term.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2004, 10:01:03 PM »
Webb is offering to do the Kings a favor and they should take advantage.  The Kings will never win with Webber.  Move him for an upgrade over Christie, and a solid PF.  Off the top of my head, maybe Webber and Bobby Jackson for Brian Grant and Eddie Jones.  Both Jones and Grant only have 3 years left, while Webber has 5.

WoW I can't disagree about Grant and Jones.  My only though with those 2 was Grant would provide some toughness, and Eddie Jones would be an improvement over Christie.  I am sure that there are better deals out there than that one, just a quick one off the top of my head.
I believe that Sacramento is becoming Peja's team, and they need to let it happen.  If they can move Webber to plug some other holes, and let Peja, Miller and Bibby become the focus I think they would be better off long term.
I don't Peja is that kind of player yet.  You can't just hand the ball to Peja in the half court set durring the playoffs and say "make it happen".  The only guy that seems willing and able to do that is Bibby.  Peja needs help to get himself open.

Who in thier right mind would want Webber at his price considering his injury history.  The only team I can think of would be the Spurs.  They've got the cap room and they already have a team leader in TD, I think he would be an excellent fit there.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline gaither

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2004, 11:05:48 PM »
Who in their right mind would want Webber at his price considering his injury history.  The only team I can think of would be the Spurs.  They've got the cap room and they already have a team leader in TD, I think he would be an excellent fit there.
That's the real stickler. Webber comes with too high of a price tag for a player that misses 2-3 months (even longer this season) due to injuries. I don't think Webber's knees and ankles will ever be right, and he is on the downside of his career. He might do better in the half-court offense of the Spurs than the motion offense of the Kings at this point in his career.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2004, 11:14:34 PM »
He might do better in the half-court offense of the Spurs than the motion offense of the Kings at this point in his career.
Shhhhhhhh....that's our little secret!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"