Author Topic: A question without an answer: Why do NBA players have the worst tattoos?  (Read 3046 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Has anyone else ever noticed it?  It's like once you get to the NBA you are required to have HORRIBLE tats on your arm.  What's the deal with that and am I the only person who dies laughing at people like Luke Walton (stick figures), Jason Williams (lame Panther), Kobe (im sorry I cheated on you special) and T-Mac (just a plain basketball with T-Mac in the middle) ???

http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: A question without an answer: Why do NBA players have the worst tattoos?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 03:31:32 PM »
I though Jason Williams had a dragon.

Anyhoo, yeah I think getting all tatted everywhere like most players are doing nowadays has gone way, way, waaaayyy too far.  Heck, Duncan has 2 tats!!  I remember a time when the only tatoo I consistently saw was Scottie Pippens little rectangle. (never could tell what it was)
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 03:38:03 PM »

Anyhoo, yeah I think getting all tatted everywhere like most players are doing nowadays has gone way, way, waaaayyy too far.  Heck, Duncan has 2 tats!!  I remember a time when the only tatoo I consistently saw was Scottie Pippens little rectangle. (never could tell what it was)

Duncan got at least 1 tat (the wizard on his shoulder) while in college.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 03:59:52 PM »
A much better question might be - has getting a tatoo become so trite that it is now passe'
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 05:15:33 PM by JoMal »
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 04:14:57 PM »
A much better question might be - has getting a tatoo become so trite that it is now pass

I dunno it seems like everytime a new player comes into the league they get hit with a tat gun by some horrible artist.  The only guys Ive seen who have had decent tattoo's is Carlos Boozer as he got his done by a famous mexican tat artist by the name of Mister Cartoon (no he's not W.O.Ws cousin if you are wondering)

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 04:34:47 PM »
A much better question might be - has getting a tatoo become so trite that it is now pass

Uh . . . Yeah.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 05:16:29 PM »

Uh . . . Yeah.

This system dropped the e' from passe' in the original note.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 06:06:44 PM »
Has anyone else ever noticed it?  It's like once you get to the NBA you are required to have HORRIBLE tats on your arm.  What's the deal with that and am I the only person who dies laughing at people like Luke Walton (stick figures), Jason Williams (lame Panther), Kobe (im sorry I cheated on you special) and T-Mac (just a plain basketball with T-Mac in the middle) ???

Luke's are dancing skeletons taken from the Grateful Dead's famed artwork. 

Still lame nonetheless and I completely agree with your post, wk. 

I'm not a big fan of tatoos in general.  I'm all for people expressing themselves, but now that it's practically a pre-requisite to have one if you were born after 1979, are they really original? 

Although I must admit I liked Brian Grant's portrait of Bob Marley.  You can never have enough Bob in the world, IMO. 

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 06:42:17 PM »

Duncan got at least 1 tat (the wizard on his shoulder) while in college.

His nickname was "Merlin" back in the day, hance the Tat...I think his family gave him that nick name.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 06:46:51 PM »

I dunno it seems like everytime a new player comes into the league they get hit with a tat gun by some horrible artist.  The only guys Ive seen who have had decent tattoo's is Carlos Boozer as he got his done by a famous mexican tat artist by the name of Mister Cartoon (no he's not W.O.Ws cousin if you are wondering)

easy to confuse the two WK, W.O.W.'s cousin is "Meeester Kartoon" according to the tags he leaves on buildings around his block... 8)
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 06:51:20 PM »
easy to confuse the two WK, W.O.W.'s cousin is "Meeester Kartoon" according to the tags he leaves on buildings around his block... 8)

You are a pair of pendejos!  It's El Payaso from Southside 13 dummies!  ;)
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 08:29:04 PM »
If you want bad tats then all I can say is Robert Swift and Cherokee Parks.  Two pasty ass white boys trying to look like prison tough guys.  Pathetic.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2008, 09:56:39 PM »
If you want bad tats then all I can say is Robert Swift and Cherokee Parks.  Two pasty ass white boys trying to look like prison tough guys.  Pathetic.

Ziggy, are you hyped that your pup won the big show for the first time in history?  Or are you a bandwagon Beagle fan?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2008, 12:34:34 AM »

Ziggy, are you hyped that your pup won the big show for the first time in history?  Or are you a bandwagon Beagle fan?

Yes it is pretty cool, but the wife is over the moon.  Ziggy was her dog when we got married, and when Ziggy passed on we added Daisy.  For those who don't have a beagle, they are great dogs, but they can be stubborn as a mule.  They also get rather excited when rabbits, rats, squirrels come around. 

We live out in the country, and before I  came home for lunch one day the wife called and asked me to check and see if there was something in the front yard because the beagle was having a fit.  I get home and the beagle is howling and barking at a wooden storage box in the front fenced yard.  I go out and lift the box up, and the beagle just loses it, as their was this great big desert pack rat under the box.  The rat takes of running around all the patio furniture and the beagle starts chasing and howling.  The border collie then gets into the act, chasing this great big rat all over the front patio.  I set the box down, and the rat comes zipping by me back under the box.  At this point Daisy is pissing herself, and the border collie is barking and carrying on.  So I lift up the box again, and off they go again, utter pandemonium, and I am just trying stay out of the way and not get bit.  Finally the border collie catches the rat, and takes off for the other end of the fenced yard, with the rat in his mouth.  The beagle loses it, takes off after them, and just as the border collie gets to the fence he turns around, and the beagle launches herself right into his face, and bites the rats head clean off.  At that point I grad a shovel and I go shovel up the two pieces of the dead rat, and flip it over the fence.  The beagle sat there for at least the next hour, not moving a muscle, looking at that dead rat on the other side of the fence, waiting for it to move.

Beagles are a great breed.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2008, 09:21:13 AM »

HAHAHAHAH!!!

I forgot about Cherokee Parks tats.  One of the all-time worst.