Author Topic: OT: Portillio! aka Tortillo! Rocking out on Halo 3!!!!!  (Read 1754 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
OT: Portillio! aka Tortillo! Rocking out on Halo 3!!!!!
« on: February 05, 2008, 07:35:44 PM »
The song on Guitar Hero III that is...  >:(  My kids wont let me get a minute of "quality" Halo 3 time with the   Xbox because they are addicted to GHIII.  My kids are hardcore!  While playing head to head, if neither one can take the lead they will remove their shoes and shove them in each others faces to try and get an advantage!  It's like the Lakers/Celtics of the 80's in my own living room.  Brings a tear of joy to my eye!  :'(

Anyway, hope to get some Halo 3 time late at night, catch you around.

P.S. Flock PS3!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: OT: Portillio! aka Tortillo! Rocking out on Halo 3!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 08:28:15 PM »
PS3 > XBOX 360

Blu Ray > HD DVD

Call Of Duty 4 > Halo 3
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 08:57:08 PM »
PS3 > XBOX 360

Blu Ray > HD DVD

Call Of Duty 4 > Halo 3

PS3 Potential > XBOX 360
XBOX 360 Implementation > PS3 Implementation

Blu Ray/HD DVD?  Who cares when dual media and players are available.  It was a dumb move for PS3 to include a Blu Ray player in the console, make the price too high, so much so that the "father" of PS quit.

I have COD4, have not played it yet, good thing for XBOX 360 owners is that we can CHOOSE to play EITHER game on OUR consoles.  I must admint that I saw a game on PS3 that was like watching a movie, it was really a beutiful picture.  It was some kiddy fox shoot em up game.  IMO the games on PS3 are NOT as interesting to PLAY as they are to watch.  While I loved the graphics on the PS3 game I watched, I wouldn't play the game for more than 10 minutes before getting bored.  FPS games are lots of fun, I also like games in the genre of Mech Warrior and Age of Empires.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 09:47:42 PM »
PS3 > XBOX 360

Blu Ray > HD DVD

Call Of Duty 4 > Halo 3

PS3 Potential > XBOX 360
XBOX 360 Implementation > PS3 Implementation

Blu Ray/HD DVD?  Who cares when dual media and players are available.  It was a dumb move for PS3 to include a Blu Ray player in the console, make the price too high, so much so that the "father" of PS quit.

I have COD4, have not played it yet, good thing for XBOX 360 owners is that we can CHOOSE to play EITHER game on OUR consoles.  I must admint that I saw a game on PS3 that was like watching a movie, it was really a beutiful picture.  It was some kiddy fox shoot em up game.  IMO the games on PS3 are NOT as interesting to PLAY as they are to watch.  While I loved the graphics on the PS3 game I watched, I wouldn't play the game for more than 10 minutes before getting bored.  FPS games are lots of fun, I also like games in the genre of Mech Warrior and Age of Empires.

I know you've been busy honing your oh so great basketball knowledge and bonding with your children but if you haven't noticed Blu Ray is pulling away from HD DVD AND...why would someone buy a dual player when a player comes with the play station?

The game is cool you should play that instead of Halo 3...i wasnt saying the playstation 3 version was better.  Im saying the game all together.  You should get it for xbox, its pretty sweet on both systems.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 10:30:44 PM »
I know you've been busy honing your oh so great basketball knowledge and bonding with your children but if you haven't noticed Blu Ray is pulling away from HD DVD AND...why would someone buy a dual player when a player comes with the play station?

Like I said, who cares, I bought a game system not a movie player.  Like I said in first response to you, even the "father" of PS quit because they added cost without much value to the PS3 by including a blu ray player.  I will wait for the HD wars to settle down before I plunk down some dough on a player let alone a collection of movies.

The game is cool you should play that instead of Halo 3...i wasnt saying the playstation 3 version was better.  Im saying the game all together.  You should get it for xbox, its pretty sweet on both systems.

I have it I just haven't played it.  I played the demo and it was ok, I will play it when I get bored with Halo 3, and that hasn't happened yet.  My point is I have a CHOICE, PS3 owners DO NOT.  Despite what we think the numbers tell the real story.  PS3 is lagging the other two game systems, Wii took the market by storm.  One of the reasons for the PS3 lagging is the price tag, the other major reason is the games.  Not being a smart arse or something, but what are some of the popular "gamer" titles on PS3?  So far the ONLY cool looking game, one that looked superior to XBox 360 was that hi-def furry animal shoot-em up game.  Not something a "gamer" would be playing.  Halo 3, COD 4, Mass Effect, etc...hard core gamming, which is what a game console should be used for, not kiddie games.  Looks like the kiddie games are cross platform, i.e. Guitar Hero III and Rock Band.  They can be fun and I do enjoy watching my kids play a game that has a bunch of titles I like.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 02:01:28 AM »
COD4 is cool, love the way everything flows, and the story is cool too. finished it.  Online though I have to say does not compare to Halo online.  It's like playing the Orange Box online, I did not like it.  Bungie and Halo are solid, and you have not lived until you play some 'Grifball'!!

well, ok, yes you could have 'lived', but Grifball is hella fun!! 8) ;) :)
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 02:27:54 AM »
It's almost midnight here in SoCal and i want you boys in bed by midnight.
Xs3 2a.m.!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 02:38:20 AM »
COD4 is cool, love the way everything flows, and the story is cool too. finished it.  Online though I have to say does not compare to Halo online.  It's like playing the Orange Box online, I did not like it.  Bungie and Halo are solid, and you have not lived until you play some 'Grifball'!!

well, ok, yes you could have 'lived', but Grifball is hella fun!! 8) ;) :)

My kids love Grifball but nothing pleases them more than betrayals on team slayer!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 09:52:39 AM »
Xs3 2a.m.!

LOL @ being up at midnight photoshopping Lakers pictures and telling others they need to go to bed.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 11:43:07 AM »
WOW, how does all of this help your kids develop their inside game?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 12:04:42 PM »

Oh JoMal....so old yet so lacking in wisdom.  :(
OBVIOUSLY my kids will ONLY play for the Lakers, if you play for the Lakers you do NOT need an inside game, just a huge wallet to buy all the titles you could ever desire.  ::)
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 12:47:36 PM »
Xs3 2a.m.!

I dont think I have ever been an "...8 hours of sleep" kind of person. I am usually up to atleast that time before I finally get to sleep.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 05:08:40 PM »

OBVIOUSLY my kids will ONLY play for the Lakers, if you play for the Lakers you do NOT need an inside game, just a huge wallet to buy all the titles you could ever desire.  ::)

I see you really DO understand what Reality is trying to say in his posts. Why did I not see this before?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 05:39:40 PM »

I see you really DO understand what Reality is trying to say in his posts. Why did I not see this before?

In all honesty, Reality does NOT understand what Reality is trying to say in his posts.  He spins and twists so hard and so fast that he smacks himself silly.  If YOU think you understand what you think I understand about what Reality is trying to say in his posts then you probably are suffering from the side effects of a defective scuba tank.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2008, 01:37:22 PM »
Not being a smart arse or something, but what are some of the popular "gamer" titles on PS3?  So far the ONLY cool looking game, one that looked superior to XBox 360 was that hi-def furry animal shoot-em up game.

I take it all back, FLOCK PS3!  I just saw some XBox 360 Kung-Fu game that was just as good as the amazing PS3 game I saw, no it was not Asassins Creed (SIC?).  When I saw it I figured it was another awesome PS3 game but it turned out to be a movie-like XBox 360 game.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"