Author Topic: Giants!  (Read 3401 times)

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Giants!
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2008, 02:09:27 PM »
That's true.  Archie was a talented guy who not only never was on a good team he also got the crap kicked out of him during his career behind some pitiful offensive lines.  That still doesn't make that move any less annoying in my eyes.   Archie and the Manning camp also seemed to have it in for Marty and his primitive ways which makes no sense when you consider that they sent him to a guy who's even more old school.   
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2008, 04:35:44 PM »
Archie wanted a bigger stage for Eli to play on as well. Endorsements, you know.

As for the game, I think Eli was great and deserved winning the MVP, because they never give it to a defense. The Giant defense unquestionably won the game for the Giants by controlling Brady. Moss typically disappeared for most of the "big" game, so what's to wonder about there?

I am totally in agreement with Laker fan on two of his three points. The Dallas Cryboys are evil scum, to be dispised by all who call football holy; the Patriots have been robbing true fans of the NFL for seven years now, ever since "The Tuck" put their defeated ass's in the 2002 Super Bowl.

And clearly the Lakers colluded with the Grizzlies in some way to pull off a highway robbery like that for Pao Gasol. Did they agree to pass some Laker Girls around the front office in Memphis?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2008, 05:30:07 PM »
I liked Dallas in the days of Troy and Smith, but I have never been a die hard fan, can't stand those 'live and die' cowboy fans....THEY ARE ALL AROUND ME AND THEY ARE REALLY ANNOYING!!

I think it bites that now we are going to be bogged down with stories of the Manning brothers and poppa......uuggghhhh.

:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2008, 06:38:51 PM »
Archie wanted a bigger stage for Eli to play on as well. Endorsements, you know.

As for the game, I think Eli was great and deserved winning the MVP, because they never give it to a defense. The Giant defense unquestionably won the game for the Giants by controlling Brady. Moss typically disappeared for most of the "big" game, so what's to wonder about there?

I am totally in agreement with Laker fan on two of his three points. The Dallas Cryboys are evil scum, to be dispised by all who call football holy; the Patriots have been robbing true fans of the NFL for seven years now, ever since "The Tuck" put their defeated ass's in the 2002 Super Bowl.

And clearly the Lakers colluded with the Grizzlies in some way to pull off a highway robbery like that for Pao Gasol. Did they agree to pass some Laker Girls around the front office in Memphis?

Let's keep the agreeing with Laker fans down to a minimum this year ok?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2008, 08:11:29 PM »

Let's keep the agreeing with Laker fans down to a minimum this year ok?

Don't worry. The repercussions are not worth it. :P
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2008, 01:56:05 AM »
Skandery,

I finally caught that Mir vs Lesnar fight...I got to say Lesnar was kicking Mir tail the whole match.  If Lesnar would have just watched his foot placement he could have won that fight pretty quickly.  I thought the man looked pretty impressive out there, His NCAA wrestling skills do not seem to have left him.  I don't know, It looks like Lesnar, if he is serious about MMA could be a real player if he can polish up a few things.  other those few things, he still managed to take Mir down in about 9 seconds into the Match, blocked Mir's offense nicely while he was standing, and it looked to me like he punched Mir so hard he fell to the ground at one point.   :-[

I love MMA, but I didn't think Lesnar would be able to make it despite being a champ in NCAA.  Seems to me like he might be worth keeping an eye on.  Did you catch the fight?  What did you think of it?

On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2008, 09:33:06 AM »
Oh, I caught the fight.  Lesnar looked pretty ridiculous from an athleticism standpoint.  Mir said himself the tremendous strength of Lesnar was just as advertised so he wasn't really surprised, what stunned him though was his speed.  Mir could never get a handle on which side Lesnar was coming at him from both standing up and when he was on the ground pounding him.  He definitely lost that fight due to inexperience in the MMA game and overall rookie lack of patience.  You have to know that while picking a guy up and slamming them on their back sounds like a good idea, that's exactly where Frank Mir wants to be.  When he was pounding Frank in the head and Mir turned his head, you have to have the control not to punch him in the back of the head (which is life-threatening), the ref had to deduct a point and stand them up, huge rookie mistake.  I think Lesnar needs more training and to learn patience and gameplanning, then you're going to see one fast, strong, and scary 265 pound dude.

As an aside, I was very happy to see Mir win, especially in front of those crusty WWE stars who showed up.  These guys and their fans have never shown MMA any real respect and I'm glad their ambassador was submitted in Vegas in front of the world.   

Big Nog submitting Tim Sylvia was really the icing on the cake.   
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2008, 03:43:59 PM »
Spagnolulu is staying on as Giants D-coordinator.  Turned down Redskins head coaching opening.  Great news for Giants.
http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story?id=09000d5d8067edb1&template=with-video&confirm=true

dabos and rt was this guy involved in the Philly Superbowl year?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2008, 09:45:58 AM »
http://www.nypost.com/video/?v...p;vxBitrate=700

Pretty good video on BelliCheat and the Pats.  Scroll.