Author Topic: anyone know if this Damon Stoudamire can help our team?  (Read 1347 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
anyone know if this Damon Stoudamire can help our team?
« on: January 29, 2008, 03:07:29 PM »
January 29, 2008
Mike Monroe: Stoudamire a Spur soon?
It can't happen until early Wednesday evening, when Damon Stoudamire clears waivers, but it now appears likely the Spurs will sign the 5-foot-10 point guard who on Monday finalized terms of a buyout of his contract with the Memphis Grizzlies.

Stoudamire had expressed interest in signing with both the Spurs and the Boston Celtics, but seems to have settled on San Antonio as his destination of choice.

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, who doubles as the team's vice-president of basketball operations, can't speak about Stoudamire until he clears waivers tomorrow night. He did, however, express a high degree of interest before Monday night's game against the Utah Jazz in whether or not Stoudamire had officially gotten out of his deal in Memphis.

The Spurs, in need of additional scoring, also are acutely aware of the frailty of their point guard situation because of the injury that has bothered Tony Parker for nearly two months. Parker's explosiveness has been limited because of a bone spur in his left heel.

Stoudamire averaged 7.3 points in 29 games with the Grizzlies this season, but shot only 39.7 percent, and 38.7 percent from 3-point range. He has been in the league since 1995 and has a career scoring average of 13.8.

On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: anyone know if this Damon Stoudamire can help our team?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 03:16:10 PM »
He can shoot that's for sure  but I don't know where his minutes are going to come with Vaughn and Parker pretty much eating up all the time at the 1.  Hes WAYYY too small to play the 2 and really so hard both the Spurs existing point guards.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 12:28:14 PM »
That would be due to Tony Parkers bone spur and Pop announcing Parker will sit out indefinitely.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 12:49:42 PM »
I was actually 300 words into my 700 word response then I thought I could summarize it much more concisely with NO!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 12:23:56 PM »
I was actually 300 words into my 700 word response then I thought I could summarize it much more concisely with NO!

Why wouldn't he be able to help?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 01:28:11 PM »

Before the Parker injury I would say no.  Why?  Have you seen him play throughout his ENTIRE career?

Now that Tony is down I would say he would get minutes and help the Spurs as a band-aide only.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 01:42:15 PM »

Before the Parker injury I would say no.  Why?  Have you seen him play throughout his ENTIRE career?

Now that Tony is down I would say he would get minutes and help the Spurs as a band-aide only.

Yea and he can shoot.  I'm not saying he is great but he can shoot the basketball.  With Parker being out something is better then nothing.