Author Topic: Jazz beat their Who's Your Daddy team  (Read 1627 times)

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Jazz beat their Who's Your Daddy team
« on: January 29, 2008, 11:04:23 AM »
Good game last night. The Jazz finally played some tough defense and didn't wilt against the Spurs' inevitable 4th quarter run. A few thoughts:

Kirilenko's jumper has been money for the last two weeks.
Boozer played a good game against Duncan, who usually owns Booz.
Williams and Parker were both off, but Williams can pass, so he dominated their matchup again.
Manu does pretty much whatever he wants against the Jazz. But at least they put him on the floor a couple of times when he made his man look foolish.
Who is Ime Udoka? And why is he in the game with 1:11 left jawing at the referee and giving the Jazz a free point? That's Robert Horry time isn't it? Last time Horry bullied the Jazz all night. We barely saw him at all, not that I mind.

I'm involved in a promotion with the Jazz dancers tomorrow, so I've been able to watch the shooters warm up on Friday and yesterday. AK, Korver, and CJ Miles were out earlier than anyone both nights. On Friday I watched Kyle Korver sink 25 straight threes; yesterday he only mustered 18. AK's not as consistent as Korver, but his shot is looking really good. Hornacek was shooting with him last night; and let me tell you, Horny's still got it. That foo can shoot!

One other funny note. While Korver was hitting his 25 straight, a scrawny little ball boy with steel rim glasses eagerly fed him passes, running around shagging errant balls and offering encouragement. I thought, that would be a fun job for a kid. Then I took a closer look at the bony little fella, and lo and behold . . . Scott Layden, former GM of the Jazz and the second worst GM in Madison Square Garden history.

How far we can fall . . .
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Jazz beat their Who's Your Daddy team
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 11:07:47 AM »
Props to you guys!  It's always great when you beat a great team like the Spurs.

Although I don't know if I can believe that Boozer played solid defense against Duncan and that AK's jumper is well a jumper!

Were you at the game the last two times to where you could see Kyle shoot around?  How is that trade going for you guys so far?  It's been a handful of games since he's been there so I am curious what you guys think of him.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 11:10:18 AM »
Who is Ime Udoka? And why is he in the game with 1:11 left jawing at the referee and giving the Jazz a free point?
"I was talking to AK (Andrei Kirilenko)," Udoka said, incredulous at Clark's decision. "I get kicked out for saying 'stop flopping' with a minute left in a close game?"
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA012908.01D.BKNspurs.jazz.gamer.2b8d4f5.html
Replays tend to back Imes' assertion all the way, was not talking to ref at all.
Otherwise Ime played well, was part of the floor squad that cameback to get within 90-89.

Beyond that the Jazz kicked hiney on the Spurs, esp the great shooting and Tony P said to be playing thru injury, irregardless he got owned by Deron W.

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 03:35:00 PM »
I should have been more clear. Boozer scored 23 pts against Duncan, which is much better than he is usually able to do. Duncan got his against Booz and everyone else: 26/10 if I remember correctly. Boozer's not going to stop Duncan, but he did slow him down a few times, and that helped.

As far as Udoka goes, I wouldn't doubt he kind of got jobbed on the ejection. IMO, it was a makeup for a noncall shove-throwdown on AK a minute or two earlier. Basically AK ended up face down on the floor after getting hit (to some extent) in the back by Udoka. It may have been a flop; if so, it was a good one.

Anyway, Udoka was pushing and shoving with AK, Harpring, and Boozer, and seemed quite the hothead for someone who made little contribution to his team.

P.S. Anyone notice Artest's ejection from the Jazz/Kings game on Friday. That dude is just plain insane. Getting beat by 15-20, beating his chest, screaming at the crowd, throwing elbows with Harpring . . . nutjob.

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 03:40:59 PM »
Were you at the game the last two times to where you could see Kyle shoot around?  How is that trade going for you guys so far?  It's been a handful of games since he's been there so I am curious what you guys think of him.

Well, if you compare Kyle to what we gave up for him, we're doing very well with him. Basically he's doing what everyone on the board expected him to do. He's in every game for the last 5 or so minutes making free throws and hitting open jumpers. He tries pretty hard on D, although Manu had his way with him, and he makes shots from anywhere. He's been especially good coming off screens. His broken-play three sealed last night's game for us.

So far, I like him a lot. He's tall and he doesn't make too many mistakes, and of course he can shoot like a futhermucker. 25 straight, even without a hand in your face, is rare at that distance.

I guess the best measure is this: we are 11 and 2 since we got him.

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 03:42:03 PM »
I keep forgetting to add stuff.

Did anyone notice Tim Duncan forcibly removing Udoka from the court? I think Timmy D may have been a little unhappy with his blockheaded teammate.