Author Topic: Jason Kidd sounds as good as gone...so where is he going?  (Read 2382 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Jason Kidd sounds as good as gone...so where is he going?
« on: January 29, 2008, 10:59:59 AM »
So far there are 3 rumored teams..Mavs, Cavs, and Blazers.

Apparently Kidd costs too much for the Mavs so they are out of the running so I guess that leaves the Cavs and Blazers.  Do you think its worth it to change the makeup of the Blazers so Kidd can take over?  Would it hurt the growth of some of their players and the system?

I honestly think The Cavs would just up a notch if they had Kidd.  Larry Hughes is not a point guard.  Damon Jones is well not even a quarter as good as Jason Kidd. 

So what does the crew think?  Where should he go and why?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Jason Kidd sounds as good as gone...so where is he going?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 11:06:27 AM »
Personally, I think the Cavs would return to the Finals if they got Kidd. The offense would move so well, and they would be very tough on the boards. How is Kidd on defense? I honestly can't remember.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 11:10:28 AM »
Personally, I think the Cavs would return to the Finals if they got Kidd. The offense would move so well, and they would be very tough on the boards. How is Kidd on defense? I honestly can't remember.

Well he is a bit older now so he can't quite hang with the Deron, Tony Parker, Baron Davis's of the league but he plays solid defense.  Like you mentioned he is money on the glass as well for a guard.

I think I am with you...even with Orlando, Detroit, and Boston playing so well I think if Kidd was on the Cavs they would be able to make a heck of a series with any of those 3 teams.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 05:25:33 PM »
I agree with Ted and WK.  Kidd would be most effective on the Cavs and his defense is solid.  With Kidd's abilities there would be at least 5 Bron aly-op ESPN highlight dunks everytime the Cavs take the floor.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 06:58:47 PM »
Yahoo's posted this story:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AsOShL797SpFFCTQ3kJ5QFW8vLYF?slug=aw-kiddtrade013008&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Clearly, Dallas benefits greatly, and New Jersey could start fresh.

But why do this if you're Portland?  Don't quite get it.  Three major reserves for a solid, but not spectacular point guard?  I know they're looking for one, but I wouldn't give up my first three guys off the bench.  Harris doesn't make them THAT much better, in my opinion ... especially considering they've already turned a corner.

What do you think, Kev?
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 08:31:53 PM »

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AsOShL797SpFFCTQ3kJ5QFW8vLYF?slug=aw-kiddtrade013008&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

But why do this if you're Portland?  Don't quite get it.  Three major reserves for a solid, but not spectacular point guard?  I know they're looking for one, but I wouldn't give up my first three guys off the bench.  Harris doesn't make them THAT much better, in my opinion ... especially considering they've already turned a corner.

What do you think, Kev?

So it's Travis Outlaw, Channing Frye and Jarrett Jack for Devin Harris?  All that for Devin Harris???  We don't give up Darius or LaFrentz??  That would be utterly stupid.  Maybe those 3 for a top 5 PG, but Devin Harris is not even close to that. 

I will have Reality kiss WOW on the ass and tell the world he is the all knowing God of Basketball if that is what the deal turns out be.  My opinion, they don't do anything at all.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 08:47:09 PM »
I will have Reality kiss WOW on the ass and tell the world he is the all knowing God of Basketball if that is what the deal turns out be.  My opinion, they don't do anything at all.

If you were truely confident you would put yourself up for the kiss-fest.  The choice of ass is yours.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 01:11:34 AM »

If you were truely confident you would put yourself up for the kiss-fest.  The choice of ass is yours.

Wouldn't be as much fun with me instead of Reality, but sure I will put myself up.  I will kiss your ass and tell the world you are the all knowing God of Basketball, Miguel the Magnifico
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 09:38:13 AM »
Wouldn't be as much fun with me instead of Reality, but sure I will put myself up.  I will kiss your ass and tell the world you are the all knowing God of Basketball, Miguel the Magnifico

It's pretty clear I'm the all knowing God of bball, I will pass on the ass kissing though.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 11:40:23 AM »

What do you think, Kev?

So it's Travis Outlaw, Channing Frye and Jarrett Jack for Devin Harris?  All that for Devin Harris???  We don't give up Darius or LaFrentz??  That would be utterly stupid.  Maybe those 3 for a top 5 PG, but Devin Harris is not even close to that. 

I'm confused about the thing after reading it as well.  Why the hell would they pull the trigger on that trade?!  It makes no sense.  Devin Harris is not that good of a point guard.  He's not bad or anything.  Just not worth giving up 3 young guys with a lot of potential and messing with chemistry on the squad just for him.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 11:59:16 AM »
"It's believed that the Nets would immediately buy out Stackhouse and release him if the proposed deal wound up going through."
Hmmn.  Anyone want Stackhouse on the cheap?

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 12:55:57 PM »

It's pretty clear I'm the all knowing God of bball, I will pass on the ass kissing though.

Your assessment of Andy Bynum was right on the button.

AA Mil

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2008, 01:29:08 PM »

Your assessment of Andy Bynum was right on the button.

Yup, so far it is, just check Haywoods numbers.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"