Author Topic: Deja vu all over again. Lakers rolling hot then the injury bug hits! Bynum hurt.  (Read 10001 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Still haven't heard the extent of the injury but he had to leave the court after tweaking his knee.  He did not put any weight on it walking off the court, had to have two team mates help him off.  Not good news, last year it was Odom and Walton, this year Bynum is the first to go down.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
X-Ray was negative but obviously what the MRI says is way more important.  I am praying to the basketball gods it is a sprain.  He looked to be in a lot of pain so who knows.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
I am speechless, I simply can't believe this happened.
Dan

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Bynum said last night after the game that it didn't hurt as bad as he thought at first.  He was able to walk around but had a slight limp.  After he iced it down and stayed off of it he said it felt much better.  At this point I think its a mild sprain he should be out 2 weeks.

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
I know how you guys feel.  The Wolves get on a roll, lead at halftime and then wouldn't you know it, they have to play a second half.  How unlucky is that?

They other good news for you is if it's nothing too serious, Byum is still what, 16 yrs old? He should be able to bounce back quickly.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
They other good news for you is if it's nothing too serious, Byum is still what, 16 yrs old? He should be able to bounce back quickly.

In the post game press conference PJ said they knew going into the draft that he had "knee" issues.  I think he also said it was the other knee, so he was a little relieved.

I wonder how the Lakers will do without Bynum, maybe his worth will be a bit more obvious to Kobe since they fell apart in the 2nd half.  While I think he is doing much better this year than in year past he still only averaging like 13/10, I completely disagree with all the fans and commentators calling him "dominant".  Shaq/Dream/Ewing/DRob were what I would call "dominat", with DRob and Ewing being borderline, Bynum is nowhere near those guys.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email

In the post game press conference PJ said they knew going into the draft that he had "knee" issues.  I think he also said it was the other knee, so he was a little relieved.

I wonder how the Lakers will do without Bynum, maybe his worth will be a bit more obvious to Kobe since they fell apart in the 2nd half.  While I think he is doing much better this year than in year past he still only averaging like 13/10, I completely disagree with all the fans and commentators calling him "dominant".  Shaq/Dream/Ewing/DRob were what I would call "dominat", with DRob and Ewing being borderline, Bynum is nowhere near those guys.

They fell apart in the second half because of perimeter defense.  Not really anything Bynum would have helped with.  It was actually their inability to close out on shooters and to keep down Conley on the pick and roll that hurt em.

Bynum's improved play is helping this Lakers team but people are overrating it a bit.   Kobe already mentioned they are going to be a bit shakey with him out after the game so he knows what Bynum brings but people act like he's the sole reason they are playing so well.  It's actually improved team defense and improved defense on the perimeter if anything.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
I wonder how the Lakers will do without Bynum, maybe his worth will be a bit more obvious to Kobe since they fell apart in the 2nd half. 
1st off, a hug for all the Laker Posters.
If they can play .500 ball till their best player Bynum gets back, they should be able to resume their winning pace.
And we know how much experience Kobe and co have at .500 ball so hang in there Lakers!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
I wonder how the Lakers will do without Bynum, maybe his worth will be a bit more obvious to Kobe since they fell apart in the 2nd half. 
1st off, a hug for all the Laker Posters.
If they can play .500 ball till their best player Bynum gets back, they should be able to resume their winning pace.
And we know how much experience Kobe and co have at .500 ball so hang in there Lakers!

Ahh your memory must be slipping more then usual.  When Bynum was barely playing last year they were in the same position as they are right now.

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
I know how you guys feel.  The Wolves get on a roll, lead at halftime and then wouldn't you know it, they have to play a second half.  How unlucky is that?

I don't know, jn.  I saw the Wolves run away from the Suns in the second half when I was up in Minny.

Or maybe it was Amare running away from his own basket in an effort not to play defense?
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
 :D Wolverine.  Both parts of your posts are correct. 
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Ahh your memory must be slipping more then usual.  When Bynum was barely playing last year they were in the same position as they are right now.

Don't throw FACTS at Reality, he doesn't know how to deal with them.

Kwame will now be pushed back into the starting lineup with heavy minutes and he usually doesn't respond well.  Last night the commentators said something I thought was funny but in this crazy world could be spot on.  They said Kwame fears the FT line so much that his offense is geared towards AVOIDING the FT line at any cost.  While I agree that he rarely looks for his shot, he seems resigned to getting fouled so he doesn't give much effort into making a shot, just expects contact and a foul.  Kinda the opposite of what a poor FT shooter would want.  With Mihm out who plays C for the Lakers other than Kwame?  Turiaf is a great bench/hustle player but much too small to play C unless they go into Golden State mode.  It will be interesting to see what the Lakers do with only Kwame available to play C.  It will be interesting what approach the Lakers take when they play Turiaf at C.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
After wiping away my tears of anguish for my Laker fan brethren, I must commiserate with each and every one of you for this terrible, terrible loss that might translate into your poor team maybe failing to get into the top four of the Western Conference playoff rankings.

I mean, it isn't like losing a Kevin Martin, the highest scorer on a team, or anything, nor a Mike Bibby, the starting point guard on a team, nor a Ron Artest, the best defender possibly in the League so certainly on a team, or like all at once and all on the SAME team.

Thank God Sharif Abdur-Rahim, the starting power forward, wasn't lost for the entire year due to knee surgery, or anything. Then that poor team might, you know, be in real trouble.

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Don't throw FACTS at Reality, he doesn't know how to deal with them.

quote WoWkoast:  "Bynums play last year vs this year is the same, since the Lakers record is the same."
:D :D

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Just when I thought Reality couldn't twist any harder.

Where did I ever say Bynum's play last year was the same as this year?  No where.  What did I say?  Bynum was a non-factor this time last year and the Lakers had a very good record.  In fact the same record in December up until players started to get hurt starting in the new year.   Bynum is not the #1 reason  the Lakers are playing this well.  He is a key player but like I broke down Derek Fisher is more important then Bynum.  You know what's funny is after I said that in Laker Fan's thread they interviewed Phil Jackson before a game a few days later and he said that Derek Fisher is the #1 reason this team looks to be better and more stable.

Posting stupid pictures doesn't change that.  The real question is what will your wife think when she sees youve been typing up 'guys in drag' in Google to make your photoshop creation?  Is your next flavor of juice going to be called divorce?  ;D
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 02:30:38 PM by westkoast »