Author Topic: NFL Wildcard picks  (Read 4594 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: NFL Wildcard picks
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2008, 01:28:28 PM »
Jax at Pats             My upset special - Jaguars

I was thinking about jumping on that one as well.  Seems like the Jags might be overlooked by everyone including the Pats.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2008, 01:59:52 PM »
Dallas will beat the Giants

Green Bay will beat Seattle

The Colts will take out San Diego

The Jaguars will upset New England
Dan

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2008, 06:23:09 PM »

I was thinking about jumping on that one as well.  Seems like the Jags might be overlooked by everyone including the Pats.

Let's face it. We are really wishful thinking here, aren't we? But the Pats have looked vulnerable the past month, and their Godly luck has got to dissipate eventually.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2008, 09:33:41 AM »
Let's face it. We are really wishful thinking here, aren't we? But the Pats have looked vulnerable the past month, and their Godly luck has got to dissipate eventually.
  That, and Garrard became very vulnerable with the INT or two after Jax went up 28-10 over Pittsburg.  Something he had not done all year. My friends are saying Jax went into Pitt and won in a hostile environment.  True, but the way they blew the lead does not inspire me.  Haven't picked yet.  Heart inspires me to say Jax but brain says the Evil Hooded One prevails again.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2008, 02:43:57 PM »
Seattle at Green Bay SAT, JAN 12 4:30 PM Fox
NY Giants at Dallas  Concerned with TO not being near 100% but still pick Dallas

Jax at Pats
Chargers at Indy

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2008, 09:38:54 PM »
The Colts have a really scary looking db who patterns himself after:

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2008, 10:05:52 AM »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2008, 02:06:21 AM »
Reality 6-2
Jomal 4-4
WoW 4-4
rickor 1-3

LFd R2 2-2

AFC Championship
Chargers at Pats Sun Noon Pacific Jan 20th

NFC Championship
NYGiants at Green Bay 3:30 Pacific

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2008, 02:12:17 AM »
Great game by Chargers.
Cromartes interception and 80 yard* return was great.  Rip off ref stealing that one away from CroMag and the Chargers. ::) >:(
Phillip Rivers Haters can get bent.

Romo and the Cowboys.  Did the final pass even have a chance?  Scoring drives of 10 minutes only to give up 53 second drives to the Giants. :D

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2008, 09:32:46 AM »
Pats
Green Bay

Pats win it all.

Agreed that last pass had very little chance, haven't watched the replay to see if there were better options.  I was amazed Dallas even got that close.  I have gotten used to the Chargers blowing it in the closing minute, surprised they held on.  I was pissed that the TD runback was called back.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2008, 12:59:28 PM »
Going one more time with the Giants

Pats <gag> over the Chargers

- sidenote on the New England/San Diego matchup.

Which quarterback is more arrogant and prissy?

I give Rivers a slight edge over Brady.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2008, 01:16:26 PM »
The Superbowl looks like it will be absolute Hell for me and all other Viking fans.  First, the Pats will run away with it and I will be forced to watch Randy Moss get a ring in the wrong uni.   Second if they play the Packers we will have to endure hours, nay, weeks, of announcers slobbering over Brett Favre.  Kill me now. 
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2008, 01:18:49 PM »
C'mon jn, get on the Norvous bandwagon.

Norv is going to make history. :)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2008, 01:39:59 PM »
The Superbowl looks like it will be absolute Hell for me and all other Viking fans.  First, the Pats will run away with it and I will be forced to watch Randy Moss get a ring in the wrong uni.   Second if they play the Packers we will have to endure hours, nay, weeks, of announcers slobbering over Brett Favre.  Kill me now. 

Don't go ragging on my man, Randy Moss, jn. After all, he came in second, SECOND, in the Comeback-Player-of-the-Year award to Dallas linebacker Greg Ellis, who only came back and played excellent ball after tearing his Achilles tendon. Moss, poor fellow, had to come back from completely quitting on his team the prior year. Now think about that. Ten (10) voters of the award, thought enough of what Moss accomplished THIS year over his lack of effort LAST year, to vote him the Comeback-Player-of-the-Year.

That is like voting Michael Vick, Comeback Humanitarian-of-the-Year for not killing any dogs yet in 2008.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2008, 01:47:55 PM »
San Diego will take out the Pats, a real tough one for me because I dislike the Chargers, but I truly HATE NE.

Absolutely ECSTATIC over the Giants upset of the Cowboys, only team I hate worse than the Cheatriots.

That said, I will pick SD over the Patriots although pragmatism tells me this is a false hope.

The Giants have no answer to my pick for come back palyer of the year, Bret Favre (sorry JN) so I think it will be a Green Bay Dan Diego Superbowl and I despite my San Fransisco loyalties can definately root for Green Bay.
Dan