Author Topic: Letter from Kobe's accuser's mom  (Read 3398 times)

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Letter from Kobe's accuser's mom
« on: March 26, 2004, 04:50:15 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1768106

Thursday, March 25, 2004   
Text of letter from accuser's mother

Associated Press

Text of a letter from the mother of Kobe Bryant's accuser, dated Wednesday, that was included in a court filing Thursday seeking a swift trial date:

Your Honor,

I would like to share with you the reality of my daughter's life.

You are aware of 3 people that have been arrested for threatening her life. She has received literally hundreds of death threats on the phone, in the mail and e-mail. In addition, she has received thousands of obscene messages. We are constantly worried about her safety.

My daughter has lived in four different states in the past six months. She is followed everywhere by the defense and the media. The defense begins to question everyone she meets. The media reveals her location. Her safety is at risk and she has to move again. She can't live at home, she can't live with relatives, she can't go to school, or talk to her friends.

When she moves to a new location she doesn't know anyone. As soon as she gets a job or makes a few acquaintances someone figures out who she is and the media arrives. The last time she got a job the second day she was there the media found her and began following her. Most employers are not willing to deal with the problems this brings to their business.

My daughter has been home for two days. Last night, she tried to have dinner with a friend and her friend's mom. On the way into the restaurant a man came up to them pulled out a camera and began taking pictures and questioning them. They asked him to stop, they tried to walk away he followed them and would not stop until she used a cell phone to call for help. First there is the fear when someone walks up to her and pulls something out of their pocket. Are they going to hurt her? She has received more than enough death threats that those thoughts are now a required part of her daily life.

When the immediate fear of being harmed subsides, she is left with the frustration of knowing that she can't go anywhere, even have a simple dinner with a friend.

No one else involved in this case has had to make the life changes and compromises that my daughter has had to make and will need to continue to make until this case is over. Even the defendant is able to continue living in his home and continue with his employment.

My daughter has plans for her future. She wants to continue her education. However, her life is on hold and her safety is in jeopardy until this case is over. I am asking that the court do whatever possible to bring this case to trial as soon as possible. Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely, (name withheld)

"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2004, 05:07:38 PM »
This is such a strange case. On one hand you have the defense digging up stuff that makes you doubt the accuser, and on the other hand you have the accuser going through all kinds of hell when it could all go away if she just changed her story just a little bit. Heck, she could probably even get a little money from Kobe in a backroom deal if she wanted to. It's just weird.

Maybe he really did it.
Maybe she's a psycho hosebeast Fatal Attraction type who wants revenge.
Maybe WoW has an IQ in the triple digits.
Maybe.

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline gaither

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2004, 11:39:19 PM »
Sounds like a genuine plea for speedy justice on her daughter's behalf. Why read something more malicious into it than that? There are better ways to get one's 15 minutes of fame than this.

The moral of the story is this: no matter whether or not Kobe really did rape her, this girl was foolish to press charges. I could have told her that this is exactly the way the scenario would play out. Her life has been turned upside down and for what? Kobe will be acquitted and go on with his life. She loses and is branded a whore for life. Eventually, people will forget and she'll get her life back, but until then, I think she needs to consider moving out of the country...that is once the courts have worked their voodoo justice.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2004, 02:22:54 AM »
Sounds like a genuine plea for speedy justice on her daughter's behalf. Why read something more malicious into it than that? There are better ways to get one's 15 minutes of fame than this.

The moral of the story is this: no matter whether or not Kobe really did rape her, this girl was foolish to press charges. I could have told her that this is exactly the way the scenario would play out. Her life has been turned upside down and for what? Kobe will be acquitted and go on with his life. She loses and is branded a whore for life. Eventually, people will forget and she'll get her life back, but until then, I think she needs to consider moving out of the country...that is once the courts have worked their voodoo justice.
Quick justice or not she is going to be in the public eye either way.  She will forever be known as Kobe's accuser.  Just like Gary Coleman is always 'that one guy who says whatcha talkin bout Willis' she will always be known as the woman who Kobe did a reverse slam dunk on.

I feel bad for her if she really did get rapped but I do not feel bad for her that thmedia and everyone is chasing her around.  Anyone who has been awake in America for the past 10 years should have a good idea of how the media and celebrity scandals work.  You cannot possibly tell me that when she decided to press charges that she didn't know that everyone was going to be talking about her.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2004, 02:23:28 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2004, 05:40:58 AM »
This is such a strange case. On one hand you have the defense digging up stuff that makes you doubt the accuser, and on the other hand you have the accuser going through all kinds of hell when it could all go away if she just changed her story just a little bit. Heck, she could probably even get a little money from Kobe in a backroom deal if she wanted to. It's just weird.

Maybe he really did it.
Maybe she's a psycho hosebeast Fatal Attraction type who wants revenge.
Maybe WoW has an IQ in the triple digits.
Maybe.
I'll put up my triple digits to yours anyday!  :P

FYI simple one, once she filed charges she had NO choice in regards to backing out.  She couldn't drop charges if she wanted to.

If you're gonna accuse someone of rape don't show up to the rape exam with three DIFFERENT guy's semen on your panties not to mention the semen of some guy who's not the accused on your STINKING NECK!

Sorry but I'm thinking Kobe was clocking a ho!  Who the fudge wears part of a pearl necklace to the rape exam.  SHEESH!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2004, 10:01:35 AM »
I feel for her. I think we should all issue a public apology and give her and her family life insurance.
Paul

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2004, 02:04:43 PM »
I feel for her. I think we should all issue a public apology and give her and her family life insurance.
I'll throw in a Costco brand box of baby wipes so she can clean off the other two guys semen from her thigh, back and neck.

Anybody up for contributing a box of Tide with bleach to take care of the three differnt semen samples on her panties?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2004, 04:43:16 PM »
Whatever you do, just don't ask WOW to donate his sock, then he'll be thrown in the mix. I would hate to see him testify.
Paul

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2004, 07:20:00 PM »
Whatever you do, just don't ask WOW to donate his sock, then he'll be thrown in the mix. I would hate to see him testify.
I wouldn't donate "lovey" for all the purple diamonds in the world you rat bastage!  :angry:  
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2004, 07:33:55 PM »
:lol:  
Paul

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2004, 12:49:28 PM »

I just wanted to comment on something you said:

this girl was foolish to press charges. I could have told her that this is exactly the way the scenario would play out. Her life has been turned upside down and for what? Kobe will be acquitted and go on with his life. She loses and is branded a whore for life.

I think this woman has brought some of this on herself.  Some of the evidence seems a bit hard to reconcile with her testimony (i.e. semen in panties that didn't belong to Kobe, testimony in which she returned to the front desk to work and didn't seem upset, etc.).  If Kobe is guilty, I want him to pay for his crimes but it just doesn't add up, IMO.  

As for threats against her life, I hope that these people will suffer to the fullest extent of the law.  I just fail to comprehend being a fan to the degree that you: 1) dismiss the fact that it could have happened; 2) lose touch with reality -- something I think you would have to do to threaten someone in this position; and 3) think that you are going to get away with it -- you gotta be stupid because these people were just asking to get caught.

I wish we could know the truth but IMO, there's something very wrong with the woman's testimony added with everything in the days surrounding the alleged rape.

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2004, 12:43:32 PM »
Let me clarify. I wonder if the accuser loves her fifteen minutes of fame. I was being facetious. Of course she doesn't.

Offline gaither

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2004, 08:54:17 PM »
Sorry, Ted. I'll have to adjust my sarcasm antennas. I took your words at face value.

Guest_Ted

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2004, 09:31:51 PM »
Sorry, Ted. I'll have to adjust my sarcasm antennas. I took your words at face value.
No worries. I was too subtle anyway.

Guest_Randy

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2004, 11:27:20 PM »
Sorry, but does anyone else find it ironic that you used "face" and "value" in the same sentence in a post referring to Ted?   :lol: