Author Topic: Kirilenko happy  (Read 11215 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kirilenko happy
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2007, 02:30:26 PM »
I just can't take anymore.

Ted, I think we're just gluttons for punishment.  I feel the need to summarize 

S + T :  Good thing Kirilenko is more involved this year, they're running that pattern offense through him and Utah's offense is looking good.

wk:  Kirilenko SUCKS offensively, he is on the court for one thing defense, any scraps he gets he should be lucky to get.

S + Z :  Actually he doesn't suck and this mountain of statistics bear the fact that when AK is involved, Utah's offense runs more efficiently

wk:  Kirilenko SUCKS.  Utah should go to Booz and Deron ONLY!!  They can do everything AK can, ONLY BETTER!

S + T :  Boozer and Deron are pretty good but observation and analysis suggest Kirilenko helping those two facilitate the offense really opens things up for Utah.

wk:  Kirilenko facilitates crap.  He's not Scottie Pippen!  Don't you guys know he SUCKS offensively.

S:  Actually he does facilitate it and his assist numbers bear that fact out.  This is what an assist means.

Z:  <posts journalist commenting on Kirilenko offensive contribution>

wk:  I feel sorry for you guys that you think Kirilenko is your SAVIOR.  Because he SUCKS. 

S + T + Z:  But . . . But . . . <all simultaneously jump off a cliff>

I'm sorry, Skandery, but I could not stop laughing at this. You are making westkoast out to be a fifteen year old msnbc wannabe and I could not get beyond that in your summary.

::)  Hay JoMaL if you want to live through Skandery cuz you are still bitter about past clashes so be it.   Half of the things he is saying are not even true like I never said AK sucks.  I said he is not a good offensive player but I never said he sucks.    To me he sounds like the 15 year old having to make things up.  But I'll fall back for a second so you can live through him!

However one thing still holds true....Utah is 3-7 over the last 10 with AK the super offensive threat heading up the offense.  I believe this time last year they were doing very well when things were different.  I mean they are losing to powerhouses such as the ATL Hawks! Maybe just maybe AK should focus more on the defensive end then the offensive end?  Seems like he doesn't have the energy to get steals and block as many shots since he's the offensive powerhouse now.

Let me know when you guys want to admit that this change in game plan doesn't seem to be working so well.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 02:41:43 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2007, 03:02:40 PM »

S + T :  Good thing Kirilenko is more involved this year, they're running that pattern offense through him and Utah's offense is looking good.

wk:  Kirilenko SUCKS offensively, he is on the court for one thing defense, any scraps he gets he should be lucky to get.

S + Z :  Actually he doesn't suck and this mountain of statistics bear the fact that when AK is involved, Utah's offense runs more efficiently

wk:  Kirilenko SUCKS.  Utah should go to Booz and Deron ONLY!!  They can do everything AK can, ONLY BETTER!

S + T :  Boozer and Deron are pretty good but observation and analysis suggest Kirilenko helping those two facilitate the offense really opens things up for Utah.

wk:  Kirilenko facilitates crap.  He's not Scottie Pippen!  Don't you guys know he SUCKS offensively.

S:  Actually he does facilitate it and his assist numbers bear that fact out.  This is what an assist means.

wk:  I feel sorry for you guys that you think Kirilenko is your SAVIOR.  Because he SUCKS. 

I'm sorry, Skandery, but I could not stop laughing at this. You are making westkoast out to be a fifteen year old msnbc wannabe and I could not get beyond that in your summary.

::)  Hay JoMaL if you want to live through Skandery cuz you are still bitter about past clashes so be it.   Half of the things he is saying are not even true like I never said AK sucks.  I said he is not a good offensive player but I never said he sucks.    To me he sounds like the 15 year old having to make things up.  But I'll fall back for a second so you can live through him!

However one thing still holds true....Utah is 3-7 over the last 10 with AK the super offensive threat heading up the offense.  I believe this time last year they were doing very well when things were different.  I mean they are losing to powerhouses such as the ATL Hawks! Maybe just maybe AK should focus more on the defensive end then the offensive end?  Seems like he doesn't have the energy to get steals and block as many shots since he's the offensive powerhouse now.

Let me know when you guys want to admit that this change in game plan doesn't seem to be working so well.

ZOOOOOO ZENZITWIVE!!!

I don't mind living through Skandery on this point, and who can blame YOU for wanting revenge over past clashes. I completely understand how frustrated you must feel over that.

But if guys like Skandery and Ted feel that AK is doing a good job on offense, I have to defer to them since they would know better then I.

Oh.....and all-knowing WK. Who can forget your pre-pubie msnbc attitude about it here so soon. 
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2007, 03:16:46 PM »

ZOOOOOO ZENZITWIVE!!!

I don't mind living through Skandery on this point, and who can blame YOU for wanting revenge over past clashes. I completely understand how frustrated you must feel over that.

But if guys like Skandery and Ted feel that AK is doing a good job on offense, I have to defer to them since they would know better then I.

Oh.....and all-knowing WK. Who can forget your pre-pubie msnbc attitude about it here so soon. 

I'm not looking for revenge but you are clearly  ;D  That's why you jumped in.  I didn't try to be Mr. YA YA from the backround to get back at you like you are doing here.   The irony of calling someone 15 years old then using kiddie replies.  A+ for the humor factor!

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2007, 03:26:14 PM »
WK, I just got a kick out of how Skandery summarized your little arguement, which DID make you sound a bit fifteenish. His take, not mine.

I just enjoyed how he did it. 

As for us, we're cool as far as I am concerned, though it seemed you couldn't wait to respond in kind when the opportunity arose. I take it being called fifteenish does not sit well with you. But that was not me originally, I just felt like pointing it out. So sue me.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2007, 04:04:56 PM »

The Jazz are losing for two reasons. The main factor is the fact that their defense sucks. They gave up 116 points to ATL. AK is a great help defender and can usually play pretty fair defense on his man, but he can't make up for crappy defense from the rest of the team.

A minor and secondary reason is that their offense is not nearly as efficient as it was earlier in the season. You'll notice that in the last 6-8 games, AK's assist numbers are way down, but his points are up. Personally, I don't think that's a good thing for the Jazz offense. Another thing I have noticed is that the Williams to Boozer pound it in approach is being used much more frequently than the pick and roll or motion/cutting offense they used earlier in the year.

They're really struggling right now, and it's a frustrating time for Jazz fans. But it's not AK's fault. Crappy D, sucky foul shooting, turnovers, Okur injury, and offensive inefficiency (in that order) are, IMO, behind the losses.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2007, 04:57:04 PM »
WK:  Half of the things he is saying are not even true like I never said AK sucks.

Not true, I just took quotes like this one that you made . . .

He was an after thought maybe because his offense is just not that good?

. . . and summarized it to "He sucks".  Maybe I should have added the word offensively to be more accurate but I thought we were all clear that this thread was a discussion on AK's offense only. 

So you repeating ". . .but I DO think AK is a great defender" is completely irrelevant since we ALL agree on that point.

=====

As for why the Jazz are losing, Ted took care of that one pretty good.  But I'd like to stress that I agree I'd rather see AK be an important cog in the pattern offense rather than a scorer--so his depressed assist numbers the last 10 games do worry me.  I also think with Okur down, they're going to Booz too much.  The guy had 38 points and we still lost to the Atlanta Hawks--that's a problem.   

« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 05:12:23 PM by Skandery »
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2007, 10:34:13 PM »
WK:  Half of the things he is saying are not even true like I never said AK sucks.

Not true, I just took quotes like this one that you made . . .

He was an after thought maybe because his offense is just not that good?

. . . and summarized it to "He sucks".  Maybe I should have added the word offensively to be more accurate but I thought we were all clear that this thread was a discussion on AK's offense only. 

So you repeating ". . .but I DO think AK is a great defender" is completely irrelevant since we ALL agree on that point.

=====

As for why the Jazz are losing, Ted took care of that one pretty good.  But I'd like to stress that I agree I'd rather see AK be an important cog in the pattern offense rather than a scorer--so his depressed assist numbers the last 10 games do worry me.  I also think with Okur down, they're going to Booz too much.  The guy had 38 points and we still lost to the Atlanta Hawks--that's a problem.   

We have to be clear with JoMaL here as he's desperate to live through you.  Also, saying he is a great defender but a poor offensive player is a big difference then just flat out saying he sucks.  Makes it sound like I think he's a horrible player when I don't.  I just don't think the ball should be ran through him.

Okur is down.  He is a 3rd option on this squad.  AK should be stepping up per Skandery and Ted's recommendations.  His assist stats are up this season so I will give you that but the improved offense seems to make the defense suffer.  If AK is the anchor of that defense and he has to expend energy to create on the offensive end then I think it's a logical assumption that it is effecting him a little bit.  I am use to seeing him with 3-5 blocks every night like he had 4 nights ago.  Not use to seeing AK have 0 blocks and 1 steal.  Odd wouldn't you agree?

And Reality let's keep this Jazz only.  God knows how much we talk about the Lakers here.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2007, 12:12:07 PM »

We have to be clear with JoMaL here as he's desperate to live through you. 

Perhaps you should try living through yourself there, WK. Ease up on the sensitivity scale and you might live a longer, more stress-free life.

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2007, 12:27:05 PM »
Hi, none of you know me, but I am Ted's wife, and, well, I'm trying to understand what happened to our life right now. Everything has fallen apart. You see, Ted killed himself last night, and I don't know why. He left no note, our relationship was great, he loved his two boys. We're even expecting a baby girl anytime now, but he's gone, and I'm alone. Why would he do this? Do any of you have any idea why? He didn't say anything, but I knew something was wrong.

All he would say to me last night was, "He said run the ball through AK, don't run the ball through AK . . . westkoast . . . He said it again, He actually said it again . . . Skander . . . he said it again . . . can he not say anything else? Same damn words . . . no meaning . . . no sense . . . it's too much."

He said basically that same thing over and over again. And then drove to the canyon, and they found him in his car, in the river. Please help me understand. I love him so much.

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2007, 12:35:39 PM »
This is Ted's wife again. I forgot to mention one thing to a guy named . . . uh . . . Skander? Wow, interesting name. Um, it was also Ted's dying wish that you would consider and then accept or reject his trade offer. I'll be handling his fantasy team from here on out. He would've wanted it that way.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2007, 12:50:59 PM »
Hi, none of you know me, but I am Ted's wife, and, well, I'm trying to understand what happened to our life right now. Everything has fallen apart. You see, Ted killed himself last night, and I don't know why. He left no note, our relationship was great, he loved his two boys. We're even expecting a baby girl anytime now, but he's gone, and I'm alone. Why would he do this? Do any of you have any idea why? He didn't say anything, but I knew something was wrong.

All he would say to me last night was, "He said run the ball through AK, don't run the ball through AK . . . westkoast . . . He said it again, He actually said it again . . . Skander . . . he said it again . . . can he not say anything else? Same damn words . . . no meaning . . . no sense . . . it's too much."

He said basically that same thing over and over again. And then drove to the canyon, and they found him in his car, in the river. Please help me understand. I love him so much.

RIP Ted!   :D

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2007, 01:03:04 PM »
So sorry to hear about your loss. In honor of Dead Ted, I propose his dying fantasy be fulfilled and they put a guard rail up next to that river.

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2007, 01:30:14 PM »
Perhaps a guard rail shaped like Andrei Kirelenko?  That way we know its a bad thing when something runs through AK.

My condolences Mrs. Dead Ted.  Perhaps it would be best if the children raised by the board members so you can concentrate on running the fantasy team.  We will give the a good solid foundation, with knees bent and feet shoulder width apart and help them rebound from the "tragic" loss of Ted. 

P.S.  Ted had mentioned that in the event of his untimely death I was to receive any tickets to upcoming Jazz games in his posession.  Not sure if he had that in his will but as someone with a B.A. in psychology I can assure that his statement constitutes a binding contract.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2007, 02:27:27 PM »
Ted's Wife,

Nice to meet you Mrs. Ted's Wife.  It is a unique name, its actually the americanized spelling of the Arabic version of Alexander, notice the last five letters are the same.

Anyway, the loss of Ted has struck me deeply as I am now so very alone in my crusade to enlighten Westkoast on the subtleties of a pattern offense.  If I cannot help young westkoast, I surmise that I may join Ted in the great beyond.  I suspect the facial ticks and turret's syndrome that is the by-product of my effort will be all there is of my ability to communicate.  Know that your husband was a great man and fellow Jazz fan. 

As for his fantasy team, I am still thinking . . . he gave me a very tempting offer and I have yet to decide on its merits.  Expect an answer in the next couple days.

Sincerely,

Skander         
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2007, 02:33:33 PM »
Two last things, Mrs Dead Ted. Which wife are you and are you dating anyone yet?