Author Topic: OT-G (Off Topic Geek) What did you guys think of Razor?  (Read 1045 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
OT-G (Off Topic Geek) What did you guys think of Razor?
« on: November 30, 2007, 02:24:33 PM »
Or am I the only Battlestar Galactica fan?  I was looking forward to more scenes of the first Cylon war.  the DVD is going to have an extended version with one AWSOME battle scene that is on SciFi.com but still, there was not enough IMO of the first war.  They did a great job of showing Pegasus's side of the horror stories we heard about in season 2.5 about them and their admiral and season 3 showed that the Galactica group can be just as brutal.  Overall it was really good and now we know Starbuck is the harbinger of destruction, doesn't mean she's a Cylon but all indications so far say she is.  :o

It's a shame that the series me be cancelled before the final season 4 because of the writters strike.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: OT-G (Off Topic Geek) What did you guys think of Razor?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 05:37:22 PM »
You are not alone.

Big Time BG fan here. I thought Razor answered some questions while creating some more, mainly about Starbuck. Big question - do you belief that creature about his warning about the Galatica group following her? Or was it groundless?

And why....why reveal this relevation just to Kendra, since, you know, she isn't exactly going to warn anyone else under the circumstances.

My understanding about the last season of this show is that it has already been filmed, so the writer's strike is not going to affect it being shown this spring.

But overall a good show, as it gave more insight into what had happened on the Pegasus that brought about the gloom that shadowed that ship.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 08:45:04 PM »
You are not alone.

Big Time BG fan here. I thought Razor answered some questions while creating some more, mainly about Starbuck. Big question - do you belief that creature about his warning about the Galatica group following her? Or was it groundless?

Could be true or it could be the big plot twist.  All signs from the end of season 3 point to Starbuck being a Cylon, especially the final scene BUT you never know, Starbuck could be the savior in harbingers clothing.

And why....why reveal this relevation just to Kendra, since, you know, she isn't exactly going to warn anyone else under the circumstances.

She tried to warn the fleet but her transmission got garbled.

My understanding about the last season of this show is that it has already been filmed, so the writer's strike is not going to affect it being shown this spring.

Again your IGNORANCE shines through! ;)  What I have read is that they have completed 9 episodes with 12 remaining.  They may not restart the series to finish up the final 12 episodes.  Really sucks considering they were practically forced to extend the series to 4 seasons instead of the 3 originally planned.  We basically get screwed out of the money shot so SciFi could stretch the series with some filler episodes.

But overall a good show, as it gave more insight into what had happened on the Pegasus that brought about the gloom that shadowed that ship.

It showed that Admiral Kane took no pleasure in doing what she had to do to survive.  Not too mention that Adama admitted that his son and the president prevented him from going down that same path.  In fact in the original mini-series Adama was going to charge the Galactica into a suicide battle, and leave the civilians defenseless, in order to wage war on the Cylons, to which the president said "the war is over and we lost", that was such a great scene.

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 02:48:04 PM »
Apparently I am not geeky enough cuz I read the topic thinking of the Razor cell phone LOL
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 05:34:09 PM »
Apparently I am not geeky enough cuz I read the topic thinking of the Razor cell phone LOL

The Razor cell phone???

No worries, you are geeky enough.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 07:03:53 PM »

The Razor cell phone???

No worries, you are geeky enough.

I still get geek points for that?  Im typing this up in Linux so that has to count for something.

Back to the topic though.  A lot of people are really into this show and I never got a chance to sit down to watch it.  Friends of mine like the show a lot and are into it but don't come off as Trekkies even though it is a similar story.    I take it you both would recommend grabbing the DVDs?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 07:37:42 PM »
This is NOT Star Trek, though I was a fan of those shows as well.

This is a bit of a human survival show, with a very good take on how far technology may take us, or destroy us. Some terrific characters and plot lines to follow, detective work to decypher, and basic good vs evil - but you have to rethink even that. Who, here, is the real evil?